• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, September 4 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Utd vs Arsenal pre-match thread

So the Gooners are firing on all cylinders, leading the table after 3 games and the atmosphere around their club is overwhelmingly positive. Whereas we had two dreadful matches followed by a much needed tonic against the scouse and trending in the right direction.

We've got to play Southampton and Leicester but the game I'm really looking forward to is Arsenal at Old Trafford. I really think that match will set the tone for our season and shape the top 4 fight - also the transfer market will be closed by then as well so no more distractions hopefully.

I think it'll be good to see if Arteta is hype or the real deal but I'm fully confident we can smash them. Plus it's always fun to beat the Gooners in a match that might mean something for a change after a decade.

Arsenal have beaten who they should beat while we lost against who we should beat and beat who we should have lost against.

I'm not convinced by Arteta at all, the hype is pretty hilarious for someone who has won diddly squat.

My brother unfortunately is an Arsenal fan and it’s always a fun fixture when we play them. I’m hoping after the Liverpool game we’ve found our feet and start getting points on the table and smash those Gooners. Hopefully they go back to being Arsenal and have dropped points by then…

Antony will destroy the ‘super-intelligent’ Zinchenko, who is terrible defensively.

What hype is there around Arteta? I think he's done a good job but never seen anybody over hype him. Just reference to it on RedCafe.

They've outplayed us a lot of times in recent years, so it'll be interesting to see if we can assert dominance this time.

Want to beat these ****'s more than any other team

The most arrogant delusional fanbase of all PL teams. By far. Also the most arrogant delusional Manager that Ole has finished above twice but Arteta is the Messiah.

Martinez will pocket Scabby Jesus.

Last year we were AWOL collectively, so I don't recall. We generally beat you when it counts though, so I expect an Arsenal capitulation on Sunday

After Liverpool there’s no one in the league I enjoy United beating more than these lot. Hope we can smash them

Let’s give them a cup final like they always seem to do with us

If Maguire will plsy, we are fecked with all their movement and speed.

If not; we will trash them.

I will not be able to take the media and fan hyperbole if Arsenal play well in this game.

Stop Ødegaard getting the ball and mark Jesus tightly, don't allow him to drop into the hole uncontested.

Apart from that it'll be 1v1 battles with Malacia v Saka and Dalot v Martinelli

The thought of Arsenal being good again really, really bothers me. I think it bothers me more than Liverpool being good again, which I’ll put down to my age and having grown up throughout the Wenger-Ferguson years.

Let’s bring them down to size.

Arsenal winning the league is slightly preferable to another City or Pool win.

My god their fans would be annoying though.

Why are we talking about the Arsenal game before the Leicester game?

We could be back to square one after the game tomorrow. We need to start taking it one game as it comes.

I hope Zinchenko plays. He and Arsenal will be in for a bit of an awakening at some point this season. To me, he lacks the athleticism to play full back for teams where they actually have to compete. I’d rather Antony make his debut against Zinchenko than James Justin, who I think he’s far more likely to struggle against.

Arse has a hell of a team and it is likely they win because they are playing great ball right now and we are still building our identity.

Also it's not Jesus who concerns me most. Martinez will handle him just fine and is actually one of the best CF matchups to take him on in the box. The problem will be Martinelli vs Dalot, that is the matchup that favors them most. When they have possession their left side and how well Dalot can handle it will be a big determiner of who wins this game. Ødegaard is a beast too but I think he will be largely slowed by Case, so this game hinges on that left side when Arse has the ball. Huge game for Dalot and Varane and for us to win that right side requires defensive wins like we had from Malacia vs Liverpool.

I actually expect us to keep it tight for much of the game but it's unlikely we pull it out they just have too much firepower and are playing so well. I just hope it is close and competitive.

Arsenal fans are only a tiny bit less annoying than Liverpool fans, but that’s outweighed by the fact that I know way more arsenal fans. Genuinely can’t stand the thought of them becoming good again.

Will be a tough one for sure, Arsenal have been irrelevant for a while but right now they're a towering behemoth of footballing brilliance.

I just hope we can match them for the first 30 minutes and our players don't become too disheartened when we're forced to give Lego Pep a standing ovation at half time.

Legend14

Established Member
While i'm satisfied with the performance despite the loss, I think you are overrating the team too much. Our squad depth is crap, just few injuries away from disaster and we know from history we will never keep the whole team fit for long.
I should say, if we improve our depth in January. I agree we need more players.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The false optimism from this fanbase on twitter is nauseating. I'm seeing:

- Compilations of Ramsdales kicking
- Fabio Vieira cameo
- People saying after yesterday, they are more confident on getting top 4th.

We lost, 3-1. I can't remember the last time Man Utd scored 3 goals, can anyone else? What i saw were the same weaknesses, no cover for Partey, no alternatives on the wing, questionable use of subs from Arteta.

What i didn't like about the utd game was we changed the way we play. We sat back initially, i can see why given that Utd want to play on the counter, but this didn't suit us. We are at our best when we take charge, suffocate opponents, blow teams away in the first half. Instead of doing this in the first half, we started like it in the 2nd and looked much better.

Thursday-Sunday is about to begin, i am worried.

We didnt just sit back against United in the beginning for the sake of it, their build up play forced us back and into defensive positioning, because we couldnt disrupt them and they thus played through us.

After the Martinelli goal, we committed extra men to our first and second line in our forward press. This stopped United's build up play and we could then take control of proceedings.

These are two examples of in game management, namely adjusting our game depending on the situation of the game at that moment.

We were very good with our game management but lost control in three key moments which led to the goals. United are a good side in the counter attack, and took full advantage, credit to them.

The 3-1 loss means 0 points yes, but the performance was very good from Arsenal. Why? Because for 90% of the match we controlled everything. That's the reason why supporters are so confident about the team and what it can achieve if it focuses on improvement.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The people who are now moaning about Arteta going gung ho and wanting to dominate everyone were the same as the ones who used to complain about boring pragmatic 10 men behind the ball, cannot coach an attack, Artetaball.

Honestly Bergman , I don't remember us playing 10 men behind the ball, I can remember us at times last season not being able to string 3 passes together to get out of jail ..... I don't know whether Arteta can coach an attack I honestly don't . I do know however he has bought the right players in Zinny and Jesus to fit what the wants to do and their additions have been transformational .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I see they've released a Man United vs Arsenal Overlap special.

GLITCH

The complaint was against weaker oppositions and also doing it as soon as we take the lead, regardless of the time.

Who is stupid enough to blame him for being pragmatic at 1-1 against United at OT, if he did?? It’s not one or the other. It is game and situation based.
Thank you. We did well to level the game. At 1-1, the onus was on United to go for the win, being at home with the crowd on their back. Could've exploited their weakness, but instead played to their strength. Oh well, hope we learn from this.

Uncle Good-Advice

It's obvious that our current run played part in lads' mentality after we scored. Sure, in hindsight we should've sat back and try to hit them on the counter but I think that the team was very confident (to the point of being overconfident) of their abilities and had no fear. It backfired alright but more often than not it would come good. I'm not concerned at all right now, we will go back on track as soon as Sunday.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Still fuming. Haven’t been able to watch any of the post-match coverage. In large part because I already know how cvnts like Neville and Keane will carry themselves.

Look I can take losing to this lot. But the way they got our goal disallowed and were in turn allowed to kick and drag us all over the pitch without any sort of protection from the ref is just infuriating. A competent (read: unbiased) ref would just card one of their players and stop the constant fouling.

Camus

Trusted ⭐

This absolute cretin is deemed unfit to carry out his duties next week because of his mistake in the Newcastle game and yet was freely selected 24 hours later to be in charge of our match and make another VAR mistake.

Fabregasm

It's obvious that our current run played part in lads' mentality after we scored. Sure, in hindsight we should've sat back and try to hit them on the counter but I think that the team was very confident (to the point of being overconfident) of their abilities and had no fear. It backfired alright but more often than not it would come good. I'm not concerned at all right now, we will go back on track as soon as Sunday.

Sitting back and playing sideward and backward passing was our most annoying style season and more before. I'm glad they keep pushing and with the same attitude in every match I agree that we should get some consistency result with far and few games like this which doesn't go our way

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Still fuming. Haven’t been able to watch any of the post-match coverage. In large part because I already know how cvnts like Neville and Keane will carry themselves.

Look I can take losing to this lot. But the way they got our goal disallowed and were in turn allowed to kick and drag us all over the pitch without any sort of protection from the ref is just infuriating. A competent (read: unbiased) ref would just card one of their players and stop the constant fouling.
The amount of grappling and holding of our players that was allowed was just unreal. At times it looked like Jesus was carrying Verane as a ****ing backpack... Just unreal what they got away with and then Saliba is booked at once... Anyone defending the referee is having a laugh!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Sp**s will do the same to us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Thank you. We did well to level the game. At 1-1, the onus was on United to go for the win, being at home with the crowd on their back. Could've exploited their weakness, but instead played to their strength. Oh well, hope we learn from this.

In hindsight, I agree with this. At the time, we were absolutely battering United on their pitch and had just equalized. The players and manager 100% wanted to go for the win and in the moment, how can you blame them?

Top Bottom