• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
If you’re basing it on him winning that penalty then yes but I still think he was pretty poor in the second half too as was Partey and Elneny throughout the game for us.

You ain’t winning any football games against top teams with Fred in your midfield tbh. Even a half decent team would give him a problem, we’re not that side unfortunately.

I wasn't basing it on winning penalty but no point to keep arguing about it. He was very good in second half and you can disagree with it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
"Come a long way since Anfield". Come on Mikel you can't be comparing playing United this season to Liverpool.
Yes agreed but expected he won't put blame to plsyers but he should blame himself should just tried kill the game off instead of going defensive.

Tom Mix

I don't get this, what makes us the better team?

Ramsdale - young (23) and good
Tomiyasu - young (23) and good
White - youngish (24) and ok
Gabriel - young (23) and ok
Tavares - very young (21) and ok
Partey - old (28) and out of form
Elneny - old (29) and no good
Martinelli - very young (20) and ok
Ødegaard - young (22) and ok
Smith Rowe - very young (21) and good
Aubameyang - very old (32) and out of form

vs

De Gea - very old (31) and ok
Dalot - young (22) and ok
Lindelof - oldish (27) and good
Maguire - old (28) and good
Telles - old (28) and ok
McTominay - youngish (24) and ok
Fred - old (28) and no good
Rashford - youngish (24) and good
Bruno - oldish (27) and good
Sancho - very young (21) and good
Ronaldo - super old (36) and good

On average they have better players than us but importantly they're far more experienced.
I read your comment on Maguire and didn't bother with the rest. Sorry, life's too short.

bergholt

Look end of the day this is what is silly.... we have lost tonight to a team which was short of confidence and other than a defensive draw against Chelsea has been consistently found out over the past few weeks to be what they are - an average team.

We chose to start defending a one goal lead after 20 minutes and lost. That's silly. We bring on a player who's barely played and is leaving in the summer when we need to save the game. That's silly.

Should I go on? There was nothing written on tablets of stone tonight saying we should lose this game, this wasn't Liverpool the other week. We consistently and persistently shot ourselves in the foot so often it's a wonder there are any toes left.

Should the manager take responsibility for Ode diving into a dumb challenge? That was inexperience.

Should he take responsibility for Tavares making unlikely passes in dangerous areas? A little, but mostly that's inexperience as well.

bergholt

I read your comment on Maguire and didn't bother with the rest. Sorry, life's too short.

No need to apologise. But if you've got no perspective on players outside your own team then you're always going to think your team is better. That's a recipe for disappointment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope charity fc stay home against Everton just go there and beat them. Losing or even getting 1 point against them is dreadful they 10x worse than utd

TriniGunner

I was looking at the game with 2 other coaches and they both had the same assessment of our game. Good structure from back to midfield but a serious lack of quality in the attacking phase of play. As a rule, you can't coach quality and either you have it or you don't. Granted some of our attacking transitions have been slow and somewhat predictable, there's no doubt in my mind that with a better striker and braver wingers, we would have thrashed this team. Arteta also needs to make a big decision as manager....Play a seriously out of form captain and striker or use this opportunity to practice some serious man management. Martinelli needs games as we all realized that his off the ball movement is really really good. Smith-Rowe needs to work on his ball control and Auba really needs a kick up the ass! Nonetheless, I'm not overly pissed off at the result, just the fact that we made them look better than they are. It should have been 2-0 by halftime with more quality up front...easily!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Theo was the one who would tell the media that they’ve had players only meetings to clear the air.

Should have went into politics, football really got in the way of his true calling.

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Should the manager take responsibility for Ode diving into a dumb challenge? That was inexperience.

Should he take responsibility for Tavares making unlikely passes in dangerous areas? A little, but mostly that's inexperience as well.

He signed these inexperienced players and started them at Old Trafford.

TriniGunner

Too many people on here who let their intense hatred of Arteta rot their brain. Hoping for a loss even before the game. These cretins would root for relegation if it meant Arteta getting sacked.

And to those people, this isn't a defense of Arteta, I'm saying that if you find yourself rooting against us every game you should probably either switch team or get your head checked. Wankers

This loss wasn't our managers fault, our players are not good enough in their positions.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
According to @Blankety Blank we shouldn't worry about that because in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, Arteta is a promising young manager. 🤮
Cheers for the mention Brucey🤗.

Thought we deserved a draw tonight.
Sad to lose but we go again.

I said earlier on the thread it could be the battle of the aging strikers Ronaldo v Auba.
Ronaldo won it hands down!

It was hardly an 8-2 or 6-1 mauling.

So i really aint gonna to throw my toys around after a close run defeat at O/T against a Man U team who have finally started to get their act together in the last couple including a draw at Chelsea.

If you had said we would be sitting 5th with 14 games gone, after facing all of last seasons top 4 (3 of them away from home)

Us sensible folk take that 👍

Have a nice meltdown tho bro :bye:

bergholt

He signed these inexperienced players and started them at Old Trafford.

Agree that they didn't have to start, replace Tavares with KT and maybe things are a little different, but Tavares has been ok. Replace Ode with Laca and I think we just have more problems in midfield tbh, or replace him with AMN but then we have even less going forward.

Your point about the squad is exactly right, basically we're just not that good at the moment, because we're building a squad for a couple of years away. This happens in every sport when you decide to rebuild, you have poor performances for a year or two until it all starts to gel.

But taking that into account, I still don't see why people are so surprised at the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom