• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Saying this is must win for top 4 is a bit exaggerated I feel. We won at United and Chelsea for the first time in years last season and came 8th...

I reckon 4th this year will be down to who is more consistent against the mid to lower table teams, and so far we've been good in that aspect. Of course we should be looking to win, those are the standards of this club, but this game won't make or break our season.

Spot on, and I'm glad to see @Riou liking this post as well.

Whereas it is a nice statement to make, going to Old Trafford and getting the points is it just a statement. It ultimately comes back to consistency over the season and that is where top 4 will be won or lost.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Man Utd 19/20 Arsenal 13/5

Fill yer boots on us against this terrible Man Utd side is total disarray. Make it count if you think it’s easy 😀

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Spot on, and I'm glad to see @Riou liking this post as well.

Whereas it is a nice statement to make, going to Old Trafford and getting the points is it just a statement. It ultimately comes back to consistency over the season and that is where top 4 will be won or lost.
Cracks me up when I read people say it will be good for the confidence going forward like that has ever been the case. Before the season started, Manchester United away was one of the games you call a freebie. Anything is a bonus. That’s no shame. On paper, they’re a team many had down as serious CL contenders.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Man Utd 19/20 Arsenal 13/5

Fill yer boots on us against this terrible Man Utd side is total disarray. Make it count if you think it’s easy 😀
After losing there in 13/14 and 15/16 in winnable games, you can never be sure of victory at OT. They'll turn up tonight, make no mistake about that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Cracks me up when I read people say it will be good for the confidence going forward like that has ever been the case. Before the season started, Manchester United away was one of the games you call a freebie. Anything is a bonus. That’s no shame. On paper, they’re a team many had down as serious CL contenders.
I want to beat them cos I don’t think they’re that good and they’re Man Utd cnuts they can’t stand losing to us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saying this is must win for top 4 is a bit exaggerated I feel. We won at United and Chelsea for the first time in years last season and came 8th...

I reckon 4th this year will be down to who is more consistent against the mid to lower table teams, and so far we've been good in that aspect. Of course we should be looking to win, those are the standards of this club, but this game won't make or break our season.

It’s a must win tbh and it’s not about who we’re facing, it’s all about the timing of this fixture and capitalising on the teams around us who dropped points. This is a must win as is Everton on Monday night.

If we win this then we go 2 points clear of West Ham who are playing Chelsea on the weekend and 8 points clear of Man Utd. We need to start creating a wide gap whilst these teams are focused on European football as that’s the advantage that we’ve got on them. We also need to take advantage of this period where Utd are finding their feet because they’ll start picking up form and consistency sooner or later.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Look, Arteta outs will label this as defeatist attitude or making excuses for the man or trying to make him look good, or whatever else.

As much as I'd like the win there, do I know that we arent the finished article yet, and probably not consistent enough against the bigger sides. That is the reality and whereas we do stand a chance, is it not the be all and end all of our top four chase.

Lets go there and push for the points, and I promise you... if we dont get them... the sky will not fall.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
This the type of game serial winnerRonaldo turns up in, especially since history shows he always good against us, probably thinks in his head we a small club. Dusty fernandes never scored against us but a banger tonight feels on the cards.

Assna could be without star boy Saka tonight which is a big blow to the credentials of getting a result at old Trafford, which historically is a ground Assna haven’t faired well at.

If I was a betting man, I would go for United to win with the odd goal or two.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I want to beat them cos I don’t think they’re that good and they’re Man Utd cnuts they can’t stand losing to us.
I want to win for the same reason is because I ****ing hate them. Losing to them would be a big blow because they are behind us. Away from that though, when you evaluate who they have got and where we are playing, I’ll take anything other than defeat gladly. This season is not about Manchester United away

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s a must win tbh and it’s not about who we’re facing, it’s all about the timing of this fixture and capitalising on the teams around us who dropped points. This is a must win as is Everton on Monday night.

If we win this then we go 2 points clear of West Ham who are playing Chelsea on the weekend and 8 points clear of Man Utd. We need to start creating a wide gap whilst these teams are focused on European football as that’s the advantage that we’ve got on them. We also need to take advantage of this period where Utd are finding their feet because they’ll start picking up form and consistency sooner or later.
It’s not a ‘must win’. The games we historically win are ‘must wins’. I think you are mixing it up with a game that would be “fantastic to win”, but not a “must win”.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No Premiership match will ever be bigger than this one, tbh.

You can have your nothing oil clubs and Liverpool...but Arsenal v United in the late 1990s and early 2000s, was bigger than Barca v Madrid...

..I hate them more than any team in the world, a win tonight would be the best of the season.

Last edited:

remains

A win would be immense and would put us in a great position in the top 4 race, but I doubt we can pull it off. Would be happy with a point.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's a must win in the way every fixture is a must win. But what I'm getting at is one game doesn't make or break a season, especially when the goal is 4th. If we were going for the title up against Chelsea, City and Liverpool, then yeah its probably a must win. But if we beat United then go on and drop points against Everton and Southampton, it's a net loss (which is theme of Arteta's time here so far).

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s not a ‘must win’. The games we historically win are ‘must wins’. I think you are mixing it up with a game that would be “fantastic to win”, but not a “must win”.

Nope, a “fantastic to win” game are Anfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge. This Old Trafford game is definitely a “must win”, we have them at this point:

wayne-rooney-mortal-kombat.gif

Why let them recover and gain confidence by beating us? We have to finish them off whilst they’re already wobbling. Tonight is the chance to go 8 points clear of them and we have to beat them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nope, a “fantastic to win” game are Anfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge. This Old Trafford game is definitely a “must win”, we have them at this point:

wayne-rooney-mortal-kombat.gif

Why let them recover and gain confidence by beating us? We have to finish them off whilst they’re already wobbling. Tonight is the chance to go 8 points clear of them and we have to beat them.
😆 I understand what you’re getting at, but they’ll always be bigger than us and they’ll always most probably have better players too and a bigger stadium. We need to focus on the long term goal. This is still essentially a bumm fight.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's a must win in the way every fixture is a must win. But what I'm getting at is one game doesn't make or break a season, especially when the goal is 4th. If we were going for the title up against Chelsea, City and Liverpool, then yeah its probably a must win. But if we beat United then go on and drop points against Everton and Southampton, it's a net loss (which is theme of Arteta's time here so far).

That’s my ambition tbf. Go for the title and then end up with 4th. Some people are aiming for 4th and then we’ll end up 5th 🤣

My whole point was that we failed to capitalise when West Ham dropped points against Wolves as we had Liverpool that same gameweek but today is the perfect opportunity to capitalise on two of our direct rivals for top 4 as West Ham already drew and we have a chance to beat Utd. If that isn’t a “must win” then I’m not sure what is? The next game week is a tricky one for both teams (Palace and Chelsea) and we’re playing a day after them, so that will probably be must win too.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Talk of if this game is must win aside, you can't help but be excited for Arsenal-Man United, the fixture is unique in that despite both teams being rubbish by historical standards, it's still a very special fixture. I think us and them are the two clubs most responsible for making English football and the PL is what it is today. Wenger-Fergie/Keane-Vieira is peak barclays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom