• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rather
Saying this is must win for top 4 is a bit exaggerated I feel. We won at United and Chelsea for the first time in years last season and came 8th...

I reckon 4th this year will be down to who is more consistent against the mid to lower table teams, and so far we've been good in that aspect. Of course we should be looking to win, those are the standards of this club, but this game won't make or break our season.
Outside of the current top 3, the rest of the Premier League is much of a muchness. The gulf between them and us/United/Sp**s is the same as the gulf between us/Utd/Sp**s and the bottom 3.

I completely agree that consistency is the key & we have an advantage due to no European football.

Happy with what we're doing defensively, but phase 2 and 3 of our build up play needs a good deal more work.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

😆 I understand what you’re getting at, but they’ll always be bigger than us and they’ll always most probably have better players too and a bigger stadium. We need to focus on the long term goal. This is still essentially a bumm fight.

True but I refuse to buy all of that. I won’t be lowering expectations for Arteta as some have been doing:

BB53F814-800F-43D8-B061-7CBFB1305CC3.jpeg

If the team above with Bellerin, Elneny and Willian playing could get 3 points at OT then our current team shouldn’t be scared tonight. We’re playing pretty much the same Utd team too, not a lot has changed besides Ole for Carrick.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That’s my ambition tbf. Go for the title and then end up with 4th. Some people are aiming for 4th and then we’ll end up 5th 🤣

My whole point was that we failed to capitalise when West Ham dropped points against Wolves as we had Liverpool that same gameweek but today is the perfect opportunity to capitalise on two of our direct rivals for top 4 as West Ham already drew and we have a chance to beat Utd. If that isn’t a “must win” then I’m not sure what is? The next game week is a tricky one for both teams (Palace and Chelsea) and we’re playing a day after them, so that will probably be must win too.

Same here mate, that's where the club should be, but I think expecting the club to be in a title race this year is unrealistic. For me it's top 4 this year, add some proper firepower to the team and go for the title next year.

I get what you're saying but nothing is achieved in December, for me over this period the must win games are Everton and Southampton, those games are our bread and butter. I'm not saying this game is a free hit, we need to put in a good performance and get a result, I just don't agree with this make or break attitude.

I'm just sick of the false dawns under Arteta, we win a big game then go on the be a disgrace against the dross, I want to see consistency from the team more than a the odd win against a big club.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rather

Outside of the current top 3, the rest of the Premier League is much of a muchness. The gulf between them and us/United/Sp**s is the same as the gulf between us/Utd/Sp**s and the bottom 3.

I completely agree that consistency is the key & we have an advantage due to no European football.

Happy with what we're doing defensively, but phase 2 and 3 of our build up play needs a good deal more work.

I still think United's quality is compatible to the top 3 and is a level above the rest of the league, they've just had an absolute clown in charge as manager, and as a gooner I don't think I'll ever be comfortable saying United away is a must win, I've got too much ptsd for that lol.

Agree re the way we're paying. I'm hoping in a game like this United open up a bit more, we find attacking far easier when the opposition has a go and leaves us space.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Man United just got a draw against Chelsea. I don’t think they’re in that bad shape at the moment. New manager, Arsenal coming to the ground… History mostly on their side…We are big underdogs, make no mistake.
Chelsea should have won at least 2-1, probably 3-1. Plus the United goal came from a ridiculous Jorginho mistake to let United attack with 2 guys vs the GK.

Also not sure why we should look too far into the past. For example last 5 games against United (all EPL), are 3-2-0 for Arsenal. Away from home it's 1-1-0.

We need to at least draw this, and we should even without Saka. United is without Varane and Pogba, and Shaw will be assessed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea should have won at least 2-1, probably 3-1. Plus the United goal came from a ridiculous Jorginho mistake to let United attack with 2 guys vs the GK.

Also not sure why we should look too far into the past. For example last 5 games against United (all EPL), are 3-2-0 for Arsenal. Away from home it's 1-1-0.

We need to at least draw this, and we should even without Saka. United is without Varane and Pogba, and Shaw will be assessed.

😦😦

End of times as I’m actually agreeing with you here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Oh no democracy is dead because reed and rich can't vote for an Arsenal loss every week. 😢
I took that vote seriously, I’ll have you know. I knew of the aforementioned waste men who predicted a loss every week. That didn’t deter the rest from treating the poll with respect. I think we need to bin the new match thread thing and go back to the poll threads. Maybe have a poll asking if it’s what the people want, dread? 😱

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I took that vote seriously, I’ll have you know. I knew of the aforementioned waste men who predicted a loss every week. That didn’t deter the rest from treating the poll with respect. I think we need to bin the new match thread thing and go back to the poll threads. Maybe have a poll asking if it’s what the people want, dread? 😱

A-M chose this...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

A-M chose this...
We were just conforming, being nice and open to change like decent people. Were we told the polls would disappear? The only mention of a poll was to have one for the new layout 🤫

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We were just conforming, being nice and open to change like decent people. Were we told the polls would disappear? The only mention of a poll was to have one for the new layout 🤫
NbiN0n.gif

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is Saka really injured for this? I'm in tears.
Which one of you legends gonna drop me a link for this game? Unfortunately I do not have Amazon Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom