• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not confident for this at all, I think Carrick will set them up to defend in numbers and play on the break, and we're not exactly brilliant against deep blocks. Maybe an early set piece goal might help.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
United are rubbish but I just don't see how we will cause them significant problems going forward. We saw against Liverpool that in these sorts of games we have absolutely no cutting edge up top. The difference is United's attack, although great individuals, are not on the same level as Liverpools. A draw would be a good result for us imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not confident for this at all, I think Carrick will set them up to defend in numbers and play on the break, and we're not exactly brilliant against deep blocks. Maybe an early set piece goal might help.

When’s the last time we lost at Old Trafford?

Feels like ages which is always a terrible sign.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think a game like this probably suits Arteta. Dropping off and letting United have the ball is probably the correct thing to do, they're worse at breaking down deep defences than we are. The problem we have is we have nothing on the counter.

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm afraid there's gonna be a lot of talking about refs after the game... if they decide to choose home-advantage guy like Friend I can't see us winning there.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Smash these gooner cnuts please.
Hate playing these filthy turdheads.

I've already written this game off as a loss. Lego Pep to fluke yet another result and then hailed as the second coming of Johan Cruyff, and the most pathetic fanbase on earth to have their annual 5 seconds in the sun.
Arsenal when they were rubbish was getting results against United which included winning 1-0 in Old Trafford last season, they are in decent form now and Maguire back for United is a bonus for them.

No matter how ugly the performance is United need to win here. Currently 5 points off 4th and Arsenal in 5th and can't allow that gap to become bigger.
I feel like we haven’t beaten Arsenal in around 5 years.
Hope Rangnick is in charge and trains the team for this, because we have been dire against Arteta’s side for seasons.

April 2018. We beat them again in the FA Cup the following season, but still too long given what a mess they've been in recent seasons.
Chelsea haven't beaten us since 2017. Problem isn't having a bad record against decent teams, problem is having a bad record against teams like Arsenal.
I can take a defeat against most teams...apart from that lot. Absolutely detest them with a passion. I just hope we fecking smash 'em.
At this point Arsenal have to be considered favourites for this, which is a bit mad. I don't expect Rangnick to work miracles in three days.
We used to slap them left, right and center. I miss those days. Based on how much RR will be with the team I expect to see some slight changes and tweaks already in the way we'll play

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

@Oxeki Arteta when he can set a positive record:
Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We’ve not been beaten by them in the league for ages right?

Swear Wenger was still in charge the last time.
Yeah and even then it was a late Fellaini winner against a team resting the first XI for Atleti in the EL.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't see us winning tbh, it'd show serious intent if we did but for some reason this has 0-0 or 1-1 written all over it.

I don't think we'll go all out and United are likely to be playing on the counter, so I think we'll cancel each other out
Yeah, can’t see a win here. Be lucky to draw. As disheveled as they are, they’ve got too much quality.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think we will be fine. United done well to frustrate Chelsea and you can see that they have already pressing more. However, I feel like they don't have a lot of quality in midfield and in defence. We won't be as possession-heavy as Chelsea and I think that will hurt them more than us. They mostly thrive on the counter and we don't hold onto the ball as much as we used to.

McTominay is the Scottish Bakayoko, Fred is a hard worker but can be poor on the ball at times, Matic is class but can't run for 90 minutes, Bailey is error prone and Lindelof is soft. Those four will drop United points imo. My main concern for Arsenal is who do we pick for the role behind Auba. I do not trust Lizzozette. Thanks for the twerking but we need quality. Ødegaard isn't the answer either. I would go for one of ESR or Saka at 10 and play Martinelli at left or right depending on who plays at 10.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

United on the counter, let's face it, can be devastating. As others have said, this could be tricky but they are also the ones playing at home. Completely unsure here. Recent record or not, a draw is an acceptable result for me.

skummm

United on the counter, let's face it, can be devastating. As others have said, this could be tricky but they are also the ones playing at home. Completely unsure here. Recent record or not, a draw is an acceptable result for me.
+1

Hoping for a draw but a win would be AWESOME :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom