• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm extremely excited about this game and starting to feel rather optimistic about things, which given how Arteta's reign has gone up until now, probably means that I'm in for a big reality check and depressing evening that makes me not want to watch the next match. 😭

Win this and we'll be flying. Given United's managerial situation and how **** Everton are under old obsolete Rafa we really should get 6/6 from the next two games, which would surely put us in driving seat for 4th. But...what I said above, haha.

As soon as you start pencilling points in for certain games it all goes tits up 🤣. I learnt that the hard way in 10/11 and 13/14 on the BBC Premier league table predictor with 10 games to go. Always had us down for 25odd point, and we then on to actually get like 10 lmao. Cliche but take each game as it comes!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As soon as you start pencilling points in for certain games it all goes tits up 🤣. I learnt that the hard way in 10/11 and 13/14 on the BBC Premier league table predictor with 10 games to go. Always had us down for 25odd point, and we then on to actually get like 10 lmao. Cliche but take each game as it comes!

Looool I remember doing the 2013/14 predictor with my uni housemates at Christmas time :lol:

Had us dropping like two points the rest of the way and couldn’t show my face after the Chelsea and Liverpool pastings 😭

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looool I remember doing the 2013/14 predictor with my uni housemates at Christmas time :lol:

Had us dropping like two points the rest of the way and couldn’t show my face after the Chelsea and Liverpool pastings 😭

Mate tell me about it 🤣I did it every season till they got rid of it a few years ago, probably for the best as it made me look like a right mug every May lool.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I dont think it is Carrick v Arteta, I do think Rangnick is already influencing things behind the scenes. I expect a tough match, and it will be interesting to see if they will turn the tables on us early on with a high press, to disrupt our desire to start quickly.

Arteta needs to take this into account and prepare accordingly. I dont want us to be in a situation where we have to chase the game, because that is exactly what they want.
It’ll take him a while to get this United team pressing like demon. Still think they’ve got a lot of quality out there though, as untidy as they’ve been. And if our lads panic like they did giving those passes away against Pool, it could be a mauling.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Mikel has to get it right tomorrow and we need to batter this lot if we are serious about making top 4. There should be no excuses here and I don't want some ****ty passing side to side or a screw up for us to try and get back into the game and get hit on the counter. Go at them and give them a beating from the start and lets get out of Old Trashdump with the 3 points! Come on Gunners!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I dont think it is Carrick v Arteta, I do think Rangnick is already influencing things behind the scenes. I expect a tough match, and it will be interesting to see if they will turn the tables on us early on with a high press, to disrupt our desire to start quickly.

Arteta needs to take this into account and prepare accordingly. I dont want us to be in a situation where we have to chase the game, because that is exactly what they want.
A team that doesn't press doesn't learn it overnight so I'm not too worried about that. I'm worried about a manager who coaches teams to sit behind the ball like a glorified Stoke as soon as it takes a lead trying to do that against a team with Cristiano Ronaldo and likely the referee at their disposal. Given that we go to pieces whenever things don't go our way and Arteta has shown no evidence that he can adapt in game to the opposition coping with Plan A, I don't think any kind of infantile disjointed press that Utd. may mount will be what does us in.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Absolutely have to win this. Will be extremely disappointed with a draw. They are the most over-hyped team and I want them to be beaten just to hear what the pundits will have to say. Though im guessing it will go something like 'Ragnick needs time'.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Absolutely have to win this. Will be extremely disappointed with a draw. They are the most over-hyped team and I want them to be beaten just to hear what the pundits will have to say. Though im guessing it will go something like 'Ragnick needs time'.
Carrick is the manager.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What sort of attitude is this? Utd are terrible, we have to win these games to get top 4.

For me it’s a must win for the process.
I agree with you. We have to win it though. But getting a draw from OT is not that bad. No matter how poor they've been this season, they're still manchester united and they have great players even though they have a terrible team.

I'll be gutted if we didn't win, but it's not the end of the world. Only a loss is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom