• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
The only positive from tonight is how good Amazon’s coverage is. £8 a month for Prime compared to Sky.
What level of disaster will it take here for Arteta to get the boot? Because this shaping up to be a huge disappointment this season!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
But taking that into account, I still don't see why people are so surprised at the loss.

We will be 4th after we beat Everton on Monday, people just need to calm.

It's game 14, not game 38.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
This game was an absolute total disaster for our season, a complete calamity.

Yep it was make or break. Vital we took advantage of the situation whilst Utd are in such a bad moment. Would have been a massive confidence boost and belief raiser. And once again we either fail to turn up or self implode. The lack of passion and fight in these big games is extremely disappointing.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

This loss wasn't our managers fault, our players are not good enough in their positions.
Starting Elneny, starting Auba despite so off-form and (I think) being so passive after taking the lead is on Arteta. But that's not really why we lost, It was because we gifted 2 stupid goals (1 more stupid goal than they gifted). A draw would've been a more fair result performance wise. But we really should be beating them given the circumstances, but bar the period where we were being too passive the problem today wasn't really tactical.

bergholt

Yep it was make or break. Vital we took advantage of the situation whilst Utd are in such a bad moment. Would have been a massive confidence boost and belief raiser. And once again we either fail or self implode. The lack of passion and fight in these big games is extremely disappointing.

What does "lack of passion" mean? Should they have been kissing each other more?

TriniGunner

Starting Elneny, starting Auba despite so off-form and (I think) being so passive after taking the lead is on Arteta. But that's not really why we lost, It was because we gifted 2 stupid goals (1 more stupid goal than they gifted). A draw would've been a more fair result performance wise. But we really should be beating them given the circumstances, but bar the period where we were being too passive the problem today wasn't really tactical.
Agreed but from a tactical perspective, I understood the selection of Elneny. Fred and McTominay are runners and have a lot of energy, I think he wanted to counterbalance that as Ødegaard isn't as mobile . With Ronaldo probably dropping off, without Elneny we would have been overrun with Partey alone contesting for 2nd balls. Lokonga just doesn't have the strength to match a Utd midfield.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I just don't think Mikel has it in him to set this team up properly. How is Auba still starting when he is missing sitters and straying offside so easily? Why are you bringing on Eddie when he doesn't even want to be here? Why did Nuno start if Tierney was fit enough for the bench - at OT we should be playing our strongest team! Ugh Mikel needs to go. This loss was more than just us losing and not being able to break into the top 4, it was a reason for United to get their season up and running and surely now they will FFS!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Cheers for the mention Brucey🤗.

Thought we deserved a draw tonight.
Sad to lose but we go again.

I said earlier on the thread it could be the battle of the aging strikers Ronaldo v Auba.
Ronaldo won it hands down!

It was hardly an 8-2 or 6-1 mauling.

So i really aint gonna to throw my toys around after a close run defeat at O/T against a Man U team who have finally started to get their act together in the last couple including a draw at Chelsea.

If you had said we would be sitting 5th with 14 games gone, after facing all of last seasons top 4 (3 of them away from home)

Us sensible folk take that 👍

Have a nice meltdown tho bro :bye:
Hardly a meltdown. Just enjoying you being proven delusional with immediate effect. Some of us know what success feels like so haven't the stomach for this. I'm sure the litany of participation trophies in your unfurnished basement apartment exempts you from bring upset by our failings.

Riou

No one is accepting a loss v United, everyone is pissed and hurt.

But we aren't out of European contention, because we lost a match only 14 games into season, while we are 5th...we still have to play them at home too.

We shouldn't be giving up.

Last edited:

Batman

No one is accepting a loss v United, everyone is pissed and hurt.

But we aren't out of European contention, because we lost a match only 14 games into season, while we have 5th...we still have to pay them at home too.

We shouldn't be giving up.
Giving up would be accepting this bottle of hair dye in a sweater as manager and not demanding better for this club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dalot might be the worst defender in the league and we didn’t even test him.

Riou

Giving up would be accepting this bottle of hair dye in a sweater as manager and not demanding better for this club.

Edu/Josh are clearly not gonna sack him, tbh...and even then I honestly don't trust anyone at the club to appoint someone great, as no one really seems to know what they are doing :lol:

Just gotta hope he can get us into the Champions League this season.

Batman

Lot of this forum are buzzing off of this.

I’m not. Arteta’s game plan was spot on imo. It was an up and down game and we were unlucky to lose.
What about it was spot on? Scoring a lucky goal and then immediately spending the rest of the half in our own box inviting them to attack? Or maybe the inspired subs of players who don't want to be here. Which of those was spot on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom