• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabregasm

Secrets out. I hate ManU more than Tottenham. This loss hurt.

ManU was there for the killing and for some reason we dropped all pressure after we scored a classic goal. It’s as if we wanted ManU to get back in the match and rectify their season. Why put so much pressure on our defense for such a long time?

This match was an opportunity missed.

Of note, Tamiyasu may be our best player. Heard it here first.

Man utd fluke their game to get a draw against Chelsea being dominated the whole match. This match of them getting a deserved win really hurt lots.

Tomb Bombadil

3. On the match: I believe the quality of both teams was horrible specially the defenses. Counting the number of chances, the number of periods in the match dominated by both teams, I really feel draw was the fair result. But we missed our chances. This is why it is hard for me to accept the result.
We couldn't string 3 passes together in the first half after the goal. I mean united built up pressure but this didn't explain the hasty play and all the missplaced passes. Here is our CM clearly most at fault. Elneny is Elneny and Partey should be our world class player but he lost so many balls. And he didn't make himself available. I would put him on to bench for this performance, worst player on the pitch for me in the first half.

The result is also on Arteta but I wouldn't say too much about first half (besides Elneny starting). We startet really well and after the goal just dropped too deep. I think that's more on the players, not all on Arteta. But we should have changed at HT, or get going more or at least after the 2-1. You could clearly see we had no controll of the game.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We couldn't string 3 passes together in the first half after the goal. I mean united built up pressure but this didn't explain the hasty play and all the missplaced passes. Here is our CM clearly most at fault. Elneny is Elneny and Partey should be our world class player but he lost so many balls. And he didn't make himself available. I would put him on to bench for this performance, worst player on the pitch for me in the first half.

The result is also on Arteta but I wouldn't say too much about first half (besides Elneny starting). We startet really well and after the goal just dropped too deep. I think that's more on the players, not all on Arteta. But we should have changed at HT, or get going more or at least after the 2-1. You could clearly see we had no controll of the game.

Never heard "thats more on the players" during Wengers final years or the Emery era.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never heard "thats more on the players" during Wengers final years or the Emery era.
Tbf (and having not seen any of the game and going off the comments) the criticism here seems to be an inability to make passes. No manager instructs their team to misplace passes. They will instruct players where to position themselves and in Wengers case that positioning often less us exposed to counters. In Arteta's case it gives us a blunt attack as more players are behind the ball.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Tbf (and having not seen any of the game and going off the comments) the criticism here seems to be an inability to make passes. No manager instructs their team to misplace passes. They will instruct players where to position themselves and in Wengers case that positioning often less us exposed to counters. In Arteta's case it gives us a blunt attack as more players are behind the ball.

He is supposed to coach mistakes and stupidity out of them.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I don't know why but Auba can not be our captain. Xhaka must be. Sometime Xhaka does the stupid thing but he always want to fight for this club

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure @Oxeki is in the mood to make it after the way Rex snaked him. Riou moving like Mikel here and not delivering when we need him.

:lol:

@Oxeki come on bro, make the Everton thread and extend that unbeaten run. Got a feeling we’ll win that one, so it’ll be an easy W to your name.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is supposed to coach mistakes and stupidity out of them.
You do understand the level of skill required to play professional football in Sri Lanka division 3?never mind the exceptionally small percentage of players capable of playing at an elite level like the PL? Managers can coach many things and try to minimise mistakes but they should not be at an elite level focusing on can this player pass simple balls from A to B. That should be an assumed given like breathing air and how someone like Elneny has been fortunate to make himself a multi millionaire.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You do understand the level of skill required to play professional football in Sri Lanka division 3?never mind the exceptionally small percentage of players capable of playing at an elite level like the PL? Managers can coach many things and try to minimise mistakes but they should not be at an elite level focusing on can this player pass simple balls from A to B. That should be an assumed given like breathing air and how someone like Elneny has been fortunate to make himself a multi millionaire.

We make far less mistakes under Mikel than we did under Emery, I actually thought last night we played some of our nicest football out the back but as soon as it got to midfield/attack we lost it.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Disappointing result at OT again. The moment I saw their line-up I thought we were going to lose. It reminded me so much of that 2016 game where we were going for the title and Van Gaal fielded Varela, Carrick, Blind at the back, Schneiderlin, Lingard, Herrera, Mata in midfield somewhere and an unknown youngster called Rashford up top.

Now it was Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof and Telles, with Fred and McTominay protecting them. If you'd ask any Arsenal fan, who they'd want out of those 6, it would be nobody. But yet again, we shot ourselves in the foot.

That being said, we've already played at City, Pool, United, Leicester and we're in fifth. Everybody would've taken that at the start of the season. Make sure we get the points vs. the lower teams and we go in big for an attacking option so Aubamablootclatyang can **** off to Gabon.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Seems to be a lot of blame towards Auba. But really, would any striker do well with the way we attack? He’s constantly marked because no player makes any runs from midfield to drag defenders out of position. Not only that, but where is the creativity, we don’t create anything.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Im not going to read all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom