• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United v Arsenal | April 29, 2018 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

If you could only punch one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Untitled.jpg

Imagine getting that picture printed on a shirt :lol: wow
Great we got someone to challenge AFTV

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who's worse out of him or Howson?

Nah Howson is way worse. McKola is brash but he's fairly realistic, when Utd are sh*t he acknowledges they're sh*t. Howson is just an overgrown baby. He's physically unable to communicate unless he's aggressively 'bantering' other clubs.

Reactions: A_G

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t see Yanited finishing top four next season. Any other of the top six would have put 4/5 past us today despite how we played.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Forgot Alexis was playing in the second half, all that ‘playing’ he does with his dogs has ruined him I’m afraid.

29 and his legs have gone.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Managed to catch the last ten minutes of the game, unfortunately.

Sad result. A draw would have been truly fitting and summed up a large portion of Arsène’s career: Wenger sharing the spoils against an expensively assembled United side with a team full of kids.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

By the way how slow was that Fellaini header? Genuinely feel like I could have saved that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jesus Christ, we’re getting reminded why it’s best Wenger leaves until the very end. Thursdays debacle followed by another today. Would have been nice to avoid defeat in his last match v Man Utd and Mournho, but no... and in typical Wengers Arsenal fashion. Yeah, roll on August ffs.
91 minutes we held United with a team full of young squaddies and then the ball hit the back of Fellaine's head, rebounded to Xhaka's head and then deflected over Ospina.

All Wenger's fault.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
91 minutes we held United with a team full of young squaddies and then the ball hit the back of Fellaine's head, rebounded to Xhaka's head and then deflected over Ospina.

All Wenger's fault.
Couldn’t hold out again though. How it happened is irrelevant. We could say the same about Thursday, but we managed to somehow fvck that up as well. How odd...

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
It needed either the keeper or someone from the back four to push the defence out/higher up a bit once it became obvious what their plan was.
You have to make sure that any header that bogbrush might win will be far enough away from your goal (especially if you have a midget in it), we just lacked that bit of leadership.

Having said that it was a great effort and both centre backs did really well, without wishing to get too carried away Mavropanos is the first centre back since I can remember who actually looks like a centre back.
I loved watching him bully Lukaku, especially after watching our first choice centre backs get bullied by Greaseman.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
It needed either the keeper or someone from the back four to push the defence out/higher up a bit once it became obvious what their plan was.
You have to make sure that any header that bogbrush might win will be far enough away from your goal (especially if you have a midget in it), we just lacked that bit of leadership.

Having said that it was a great effort and both centre backs did really well, without wishing to get too carried away Mavropanos is the first centre back since I can remember who actually looks like a centre back.
I loved watching him bully Lukaku, especially after watching our first choice centre backs get bullied by Greaseman.

Funny that new defender comes in and plays well, theres a theme going on here ( same thing happened with Chambers, Holding, Kolasinac, the list goes on of defenders who looked good then had the good coaxed out of them). At least a new manager is coming in now and hopefully wont guide Mavropanos towards a non aggressive Arsenal style game, which means in real terms not acting like a defender...
Hell Chambers, Holding and Kolasinac might even discover their inner "defender" again. Dont hold out too much hope for the rest of our defensive clown club though, theyve been well and truly Wengered and should be sold/retired then replaced at the earliest opportunity imo....

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Funny that new defender comes in and plays well, theres a theme going on here ( same thing happened with Chambers, Holding, Kolasinac, the list goes on of defenders who looked good then had the good coaxed out of them). At least a new manager is coming in now and hopefully wont guide Mavropanos towards a non aggressive Arsenal style game, which means in real terms not acting like a defender...
Hell Chambers, Holding and Kolasinac might even discover their inner "defender" again. Dont hold out too much hope for the rest of our defensive clown club though, theyve been well and truly Wengered and should be sold/retired then replaced at the earliest opportunity imo....
Bould is the defensive coach, the new guy might keep him yet :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bit confused by how the press (and United fans) are treating this game. Couldn't have made it any more obvious that this game meant nothing and was basically a friendly for the kids to have a game yet apparently it shows some epic gulf between us and them? So weird.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Bit confused by how the press (and United fans) are treating this game. Couldn't have made it any more obvious that this game meant nothing and was basically a friendly for the kids to have a game yet apparently it shows some epic gulf between us and them? So weird.
There were more positives for us than them with some of the performances from the kids and them getting a run out and not looking at all out of place. Was amusing to see Fergie and the Portuguese weasel hob nobbing before the game, I mean I've been wanting Wenger out for a while but wouldnt have wished that pit of vipers on him. He looked more than a little uncomfortable if you ask me, between the two men more responsible than any other (apart from himself obviously) for his demise, now supposedly wishing him well. Classy club Utd, when it suits them.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
a lot of wengers strengths were his boldness and willingness to try new things.

the refs ganging up, the FA not bring VAR and the criticism making him play safer made this a lost cause.

Still, this will be the only year of underperformance, ( if we dont win the Europa) in 22 years. What a manager.

I loved how today he played like he would have loved to. Free and experimental. Football to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom