• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

invisibleman18

Established Member
Whats the news on Toure? Is he definitely out?

Not looking forward to this one. Given the way they have been playing, it's hard to see us coming away with a respectable scoreline. If we can somehow cling on for a draw then as good a result as that may be, it's still only 1 point and we will still be miles behind. It really is a must win, and it's pretty hard to see us doing it.
2-0 or 3-0 to Utd, comfortably IMO.
Although many of us thought something similar ahead of our trip to Real Madrid last season...

Jkreffer

Established Member
Obviously this match is already huge so early on in the season. We are due to at least score over there anyway. I don't think we have in the league since Wiltord popped up.

After some thought I reckon Gallas at left back will be better for this one. I would rather have him agaisn't Ronaldo then Hoyte or Flamini. Obviously this doesn't sound as good as Gallas and Toure in the middle, but frankley I think Djourou and Toure have enough to do well again't their strikers. Good pace and power to counter Rooney and Saha.

gunnerGH

Established Member
lehmann

eboue-djorou-gallas-hoyte

freddy-gilberto-rosicky-hleb

fabregas

henry/van persie

Still with this defensive formation that I expect him to play I doubt the win so im going to go for a 2-0 loss. Anything else is a bonus. Face it-they better than us at the moment

bobbydazzler

If we can beat united and chelski draw or lose to liverpool then the premiership will be completley open.

I hope liverpool beat chelsea at stamford bridge because it will knock chelski confidence. And if we beat united the adrenaline that fergie was going on about before will be gone from the united side

i think united will attack us a lot more than our last 3 games, like hamburg did.

this will give us more room to breathe, but im not sure whether united have the discipline to keep a tight defense if they go 1 down. im worried that they do.

i dont think hoyte is up for it personally. he had enough trouble tonight, and united will be a much bigger challenge.

i think our best chance would be to play with RVP and ade/baptista to begin with, and bring on walcott and henry for the last 1/2 hour. run rings round em.

hopefully we'll be well motivated for this game. rosicky could be a big man for us.

(also, does anyone know the right pronunciation for our man tomas? i hear the commentators calling him rosicksky, but i have a feeling theyre not sure themselves, and copying each other...)

AV Gooner

i believe we can do something positive in this game and when we do win it should really kick start our season.

Ramy

I agree with one statement about man uts games so far being overhyped.
On what i saw today they are beatable.
\they gave the ball away alot and there defence was frankly ****.
I believe we will get a draw(if Kolo and Thierry are fit) then we will push on and beat sheff udt.

dublingunner

Established Member
I think if Toure is ok then the game will be won and lost in the midfield. And I believe we can better them in that regard. Scholes may have been on fire tonight but I reckon he's past it in terms of workrate. Carrick and Ronaldo are the only main threats what with the other injuries and that doesn't compare well with the kind of options we have now. We can do this.

dublingunner

Established Member
skatingtortoise said:
(also, does anyone know the right pronunciation for our man tomas? i hear the commentators calling him rosicksky, but i have a feeling theyre not sure themselves, and copying each other...)

There's a Czech lady at my job. She said it's as if the C was an S and the Y an I, so Rosiski.

sparky44

Which way will it turn? If we didnt play so good against hamburg I would say an easy united 3-1 win but now im quite happy with our chance up in manchester.

I like seeing adebayor drop deep today and if henry isnt playing on sunday, id like to see a 4-5-1 into a 4-3-3 with baptista as the lone striker with adebayor/ RVP just behind him. I also want to see RVP roam down the wings and reall expose neville. Hopefully imo this is the team that should see us through:

Eboue ---- Gallas/Toure (Injured?)------ Djourou ------ Gallas/Hoyte

-----------------------Gilberto---------------------------

RVP---------------Fabregas-----------Rosicky-------------

----------Adebayor------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Baptista---------

Im not making a prediction for the game yet, maybe tomorrow because I havent thought it all thourgh properly

kym7224

Toure must get back.. and hope Flamini on LB

Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Flamini... I don't want to see Hoyte 1 on 1 with C. Ronaldo..

Uri

most important game of the season.
and you know what ? the hardest too...
i pray we win this one...

Lukazan

Established Member
I think it's likely I won't get to see this match. As gutted as I am, I think ultimately it will be for the best because I can't see anything other than a comfortable Man U win.

I'm sure we'll flatter to decieve, pass it round nicely for the first 20 mins and create 1-2 half chances but then totally fall apart when they score, and they will.

And I swear to god if I come on here after the game and see someone claim we 'dominated' and should have won because, for the most part, we strung an endless and very harmless amount of passes together infront of 10 United shirts, I will end my self.

koivu

I haven't been this low in confidence ahead of a trip to Old Trafford in ages. Hoping the lads prove me wrong.

dublingunner

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
I think it's likely I won't get to see this match. As gutted as I am, I think ultimately it will be for the best because I can't see anything other than a comfortable Man U win.

I'm sure we'll flatter to decieve, pass it round nicely for the first 20 mins and create 1-2 half chances but then totally fall apart when they score, and they will.

And I swear to god if I come on here after the game and see someone claim we 'dominated' because, for the most part, we strung an endless and very harmless amount of passes together infront of 10 United shirts I will end my self.

Fair enough. But then if we win, you don't get to join in the celebrations :wink: . Seriously though, why not try thinking of it as a potential glorious victory instead of the (admittedly more likely) defeat. If you view it in that regard, it becomes unmissable.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
They look strong in attack but very average in defense imo. I think if we can get the ball forward quick enough in counter attacks we might cause problems as they like to commit a lot into attack which leaves them exposed at the back.

except based on today we seem to have forgotten how to counter attack. maybe its because there was no henry and freddie.

anyway, i was very-pro the passing game we'v adopeted but didnt bank on it being this toothless in attack. it looks nice sure but its pointless if its not leading to goals. Lukazan's scenario IMO looks very likely.

there are also some worrying signs for us defensively.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Looking at our league form I think it is clear we will be the underdogs coming into old trafford. We must go out there and have a go at them. I think Walcott should get the start and have a run at thier SB.

And I pray to GOD that we get Kolo-Kolo back for this big game.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom