• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 24/10/04

JazzG

Established Member
Right lads (and lasses ;)) time to forget about another poor performance in the CL and think about this match. What team would you start with and why. For me

Code:
             Lehmann

Lauren    Toure   Campbell   Cole

Freddie   Vieira  Fabregas   Reyes

Bergkamp   Henry

Reason for no Pires is due to the fact those mancs are gonna try and kick the **** out of our players and he usually doesn't like that treatment and lets it effect him. Reyes can take it and dish it out if needed ;) Reason for Fabregas is his passing skills and just so we can play our footy instead of letting it turn into a war. Freddie is in superb form for us he imo can not be dropped. Rest of the team is as usual.

edit: title edited.

DaViEsW

For Christ's sake don't play Edu (If Paddy doesn't make it). Flamini..anyone... even friggin' Cygan in a different position...anyone..just don't play Edu. ><

A

Anonymous

This whole game rests on if Vieira plays. If he plays, and is 100% fit I am really really confident of a result.

If he doesnt, then I fear for our record.

Without Vieira and Gilberto, our first choice centre mid we will struggle agianst Scholes and Keane. To be without these two for this game is a massive blow. When one or the other has been out Cesc has filled in brilliantly, but when they were both out, as in tonight, we stuggled, and it will be even worse at OT.

Even if Pat does play, I cant see him being 100% fit. A week ago I was so confident and couldnt wait for this game. Not so much anymore.

Henry IV

Lehmann

Lauren
Toure
Campbell
Cole

Ljungberg
Vieira
Fabregas
Reyes

Bergkamp
Henry

If PV4 doesn't make it then Pires can come in and Freddie can move into the centre.

Kyla

Yeah, Jazz...moving swiftly on from tonight's game.... :wink:

Edu is being unfairly knocked imo. He's had a couple of shockers, but he's hardly been in the team and needs to find some consistency again.

But I pretty much agree with your line-up. Reyes just keeps on impressing. He's not fazed at all. I love Pires but I can't remember the last time he was running things for us. He used to be the oil in our engine. Not anymore. Freddie- never thought he would hit a purple patch but he has. Bergkamp- rather than losing value to the team, continues to become indispensable. Have Pires and Bergy swapped ages or something???? Jeez!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Re: The team against Man utd

JazzG said:
Right lads (and lasses ;)) time to forget about another poor performance in the CL and think about this match. What team would you start with and why. For me

Code:
             Lehmann

Lauren    Toure   Campbell   Cole

Freddie   Vieira  Fabregas   Reyes

Bergkamp   Henry

Reason for no Pires is due to the fact those mancs are gonna try and kick the s**t out of our players and he usually doesn't like that treatment and lets it effect him. Reyes can take it and dish it out if needed ;) Reason for Fabregas is his passing skills and just so we can play our footy instead of letting it turn into a war. Freddie is in superb form for us he imo can not be dropped. Rest of the team is as usual.

Agree with the team and your reasons. If Flamini had had a bit more game time, then I would maybe consider him instead of Edu, but he hasn't so all I can say is get well soon Paddy!

Kyla

I wouldn't risk Vieira on Sunday- 50 game unbeaten run or not, it's not worth losing him over the course of the season. The unbeaten run will not matter in hindsight if it means risking an 80% fit Vieira on Sun!

sukiarsenal

yeh our midfield was not too great tonight. we need vieira for the game or we might lose :(
gilberto would have been fine to but hes out :(

Mark

Established Member
If Vieira doesn't play, I will scream. If he does, I would go with the lineup that pretty much everyone will be going with:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Cesc Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

Subs: 1. Almunia 2. van Persie 3. Pires 4. Edu 5. Cygan

I'm not entirely sure about this lineup. Playing Cesc again may be a bit too much for him. Pires alongisde Vieira is a possibility. I certainly don't want to play Edu as he was rather poor against Panathinaikos. We will really miss Gilberto, he was great in the CS match. The rest of the team is looking good though. Ashley was excellent again tonight and will be a big player for this game.

Perhaps we don't desperately need to win this game. The mancs need it more than we do, but I would f*cking love if we went there and won as i f*cking hate those manc ****. 2-0 to the Arsenal. Reyes and Ljungberg.

Canuck

Established Member
I think that Edu is being hacked on a bit harshly. He hasn't had that much playing time for a bit and is a touch rusty, but it's not like he's total sh*ite. Hopefully Vieira will be fit in time, and I heard that Pires and Henry picked up some knocks in Greece. Hope Titi will pull through. Remeber, the Mancs were held to a 0-0 draw in their mid-week match so our confidence should still be good. Hoping Reyes can turn around his form against Mancs and net a brace. That'd be nice. :mrgreen:
Defence should be a bit ashamed, and I imagine both the back line and Jens will give it their all on Sunday.

sukiarsenal

yeh we dont need to win atall

but i hate those **** bags so much lol i just wanna thrash em and it would shut them up thinking they;re good

JazzG

Established Member
Vieira has to play on Sunday. Injured or not injured, if he is not 100% fit then he is gonna have to put in extra effort. Time for the lyer to start repaying us fans like he said he would in the summer. None of this rising to their bait bullshit, just get on with it and do what you do best. BOSS midfields.

Stim

Whatever team we play must have determination to match the manc's because we all know they will be fully focused and determined. If Vieira doesn't make it then we are in serious trouble, i can't see us winning if he doesn't play. Unfortunately with Gilberto out aswell we will be stuck with Edu who deserves all the criticism he gets as far as i'm concerned. We need the big game players to step up now. I dont care about the unbeaten run but this is a must win, whatever you want to think.

kenada

mmm well since in all match reports from champ lge have said that Edu, Pires and Henry have taken knocks, im just going to assume there out even thought they'll play most likely.

lauren toure campbell cole

pennent vieira cesc freddie

Reyes Bergkamp

Paddy is key really has to be back for this game, Id back flamini more but he needs more game time really

patrick42uk

Established Member
i hope vieira plays. i think edu will start. sol made a fantastic point today, wenger didnt use any subs. i was going to comment on how young the bench was with cygan being the only over 23 player. wenger chose not to bring anyone on which suggests too things. firstly, perharps a little lack of trust in their ability to consolidate'/improve our performance. secondly, and i think more worryingly, i think it shows nerves on the part of wenger with this competition. In the prem, one of those boys would have come on for sure. i wonder how much of that rubs on the players.

Clarkey

Howard

Hoyte Senderos Cygan Clichy

Pennant Flamini Djourou RVP

Lupoli Quincy

---

I fancy a bit of a challenge on Sunday to up our standards. :D

Top Bottom