• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

After predicting pepes first goal v villa n nelson to score v forest I have finally seen the scorer of my hat-trick goal, the scorer is none other than David Luiz

Really cant wait to see the Brazilian sideshow bob celebrate his first goal for the club and at Old trafford of all places :bounce::bounce::bounce::Celebration::Celebration::Celebration::trophy::trophy::trophy:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Damn, Yanited are decimated with injuries atm. From their official site;

-Pogba (doubt)
-Martial (out)
-Rashford (out)
-Dalot (out)
-Gomes (out)
-Shaw (doubt)
-Bailly (out)
-Fosu-Mensah (out)

Thinking they’ll lineup like this;

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Young
McTominay Matic Perreira
Lingard Greenwood James

Realistically, we should beat that team. But we’ve done this dance many a time and still come away with nothing. I ****ing hope we can make a statement and get an OT league win for the first time in forever.

Smail

-Pogba (doubt)
-Martial (out)
-Rashford (out)
-Dalot (out)
-Gomes (out)
-Shaw (doubt)
-Bailly (out)
-Fosu-Mensah (out)

De Gea
McTominay Matic Perreira
Lingard Greenwood James

Realistically, we should beat that team. But we’ve done this dance many a time and still come away with nothing. I ****ing hope we can make a statement and get an OT league win for the first time in forever.
This is the best chance to revenge the 8-2. I want 8 goals minimum. I know it's OTT but why not?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Any midfield without Willock will get overrun imo. We need him in there for his athleticism.

Getting a bit overrated now isn't he? He doesn't offer much defensively. Has he even registered a tackle to his name?

Played against Burnley, Frankfurt and Liverpool and none of these teams had any problems creating shots against us.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
De Gea
McTominay Matic Perreira
Lingard Greenwood James

Look at that team ffs, if Pogba, Martial and Rashford really are out we have to win this or it will be a failure. Golden opportunity to finally get a win at OT again, can't waste it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sweet mother of Jesus that is shocking.. surprised this isn’t all over the press to induce panic and fear. Didn’t realize it was that bad. What’s the corresponding Home record vs. Top 6?

Anyway, regardless of who’s fit or not, this game is at OT. Score draw is the most realistic result, let’s be dead honest.

It's hard to know what's realistic tbh. Anything could happen. Chelsea battered them and lost 4-0 because of basic errors and poor finishing.

We have a good chance of winning if we show basic composure and discipline at both ends of the pitch.

Don't have a break out of home games v top 6 but this is overall since 2004 (home and away):
  • Chelsea: 27 points out of a possible 90.
  • Liverpool: 39 points out of a possible 90.
  • Manchester United: 29 points out of a possible 90.
  • Manchester City: 41 points out of a possible 90.
  • Tottenham: 47 points out of a possible 90.

Impact

Established Member
Getting a bit overrated now isn't he? He doesn't offer much defensively. Has he even registered a tackle to his name?

Played against Burnley, Frankfurt and Liverpool and none of these teams had any problems creating shots against us.

It's less about how good a player I think Willock is (though I do think he is a good player) and more about the lack of physicality/athleticism in our other midfield options.

Old Trafford is a huge pitch and the ability to get up and down quickly is integral to success unless you plan on dominating possession (which we have shown little ability to do this season) or park the bus (which again, we have shown little ability to do this season).

Preacher

Always Crying
Yeah.

vs Liverpool - 2 tackles.
vs Burnley - 1.
vs Newcastle - 1.
vs Entracht - 2.
vs Forest -3.

In sub appearances it varies between 0 and 1.

I would say, that he is underrated defensively. He is good at tracking back. He has not only speed and strength, but also desire to track back and win the ball.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah.

vs Liverpool - 2 tackles.
vs Burnley - 1.
vs Newcastle - 1.
vs Entracht - 2.
vs Forest -3.

In sub appearances it varies between 0 and 1.

I would say, that he is underrated defensively. He is good at tracking back. He has not only speed and strength, but also desire to track back.

Whoscored stats?

They don't distinguish between successful/unsuccessful tackles, they just show the attempted figure.

On the FotMob app, it says only one of them was successful(league).

Ewarwoowar

The easy pens they have been awarded and the way Maguire is allowed to mug players in their box, we will need a massive game from first whistle.

Preacher

Always Crying
Whoscored stats?

They don't distinguish between successful/unsuccessful tackles, they just show the attempted figure.

On the FotMob app, it says only one of them was successful(league).
Yeah, you're right, I stand corrected. Checked the tackle stats in official EPL website.

Willock 5 tackles, 20% success rate, 284minutes.
Ceballos 7 tackles, 57% success rate, 329minutes.
Guendouzi 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 513minutes. He has also 11 interceptions. By far the best among Arsenal midfielders. Suprised me.
Xhaka 10 tackles, 60% success rate, 432minutes.
Torreira 4 tackles, 75% success rate, 140minutes.

Looks like that Willock's famous tackle against Liverpool was counted as only successful tackle so far.

I still like Willock's ability to track back and get back on defence. Dry stats don't repesent it yet, but I noticed his willingness to do defensive work. Youngin only lacks energy to do it consistently over 90minutes. With time Emery should play him more as b2b CM in midfield-3, not as AM.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is arguably United's worst team since I've been watching football.
That team is dreadful. Half of their team probably won't start for Everton or Leicester. They'll probably beat us on Monday, though. with Lingard breaking his scoreless streak.

If Emery doesn't beat this united team, he doesn't deserve to be Arsenal's coach. Their attack and midfield(bar pogba) is mid table at best

Malky

Established Member

-Pogba (doubt)
-Martial (out)
-Rashford (out)
-Dalot (out)
-Gomes (out)
-Shaw (doubt)
-Bailly (out)
-Fosu-Mensah (out)

De Gea
McTominay Matic Perreira
Lingard Greenwood James

That United team is laughable and yet we all know we'll somehow drop points against them. We'll top it off by going full charity/banter mode and let Lingard score or assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom