• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Far too soon to call Pepe a flop. Interesting how some people here consider Luiz played very well and others think he was rubbish, some people think Pogba was immense and some say he was rubbish. It can't be both. Really.
Yes, but I do think there is cause for concern. Unfortunately for him, his price tag comes with added pressure to deliver almost immediately. He does need more time, but I'm just not seeing much to be excited about. Saka on the other hand...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What will it take for Willock to start in central midfield?

He should be ahead of Xhaka, Ceballos and Torreira based on performances alone. He would have easily run through the United midfield this game.

Xhaka dropping onto the shoulder of David Luiz to receive the ball, only for Luiz to completely ignore him and play the pass Xhaka was going to play anyway, sums up Xhakas usefulness in progressing the ball. Defensively he is clumsy and clueless positionally. Balls he should easily get to he can't as he isn't athletic enough. On the ball he is basically padding his stats. At the end of the first half he made 13 passes with 9 of them backwards to our defenders. That is someone who can't receive the ball under pressure and isn't agile enough to receive the ball in space, so he just plays first time passes to the defenders.

Torreira looks so uncomfortable chasing shadows around. He isn't athletic enough to cover large distances. He needs to be holding in front of the back four ffs. We are making him look so bad.

Saka was quality and shouldn't have been subbed off.

Pepe is an interesting one. Lacking in confidence because of his execution. I noticed before he came that he didn't have the shot accuracy from the edge of the box. Most of his goals came from dribbling into the box. However, ask yourself how many times he gets into the box. We dont get our wingers close enough to the box and its because we play 3 defensive minded midfielders behind them. Willock -Torreira - Guendouzi should be our 3.

The Willock and Torreira thing is plain bizarre and inexcusable

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yes, but I do think there is cause for concern. Unfortunately for him, his price tag comes with added pressure to deliver almost immediately. He does need more time, but I'm just not seeing much to be excited about. Saka on the other hand...
Agree about Saka but I'm old enough to remember Bergkamp and Henry being talked about as potential flops....

remains

On the way back from the game.

Thought we defended well, no disasters for once. Guendouzi was a warrior out there, love his tenacity. Saka also looked dangerous and is making a case to be first choice LW.

On the flip side we lacked creativity and Pepe in particular was very poor. Understand Emery wanting a more solid midfield but we need someone to create for our front three. Ceballos should have been that guy when he came on but he was disappointing.

Thought our free kicks and corners were pretty bad overall and we wasted some good opportunities there.

Overall happy with the point. We have players coming back in who will improve us and we are 4th with some tough fixtures out of the way.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree about Saka but I'm old enough to remember Bergkamp and Henry being talked about as potential flops....

Nah, can’t compare Henry and Bergkamp to Pepe. Not having that. They’d already played abroad before coming here and were consistently performing for their national teams despite slow starts here.

Pepe can turn it around but he needs to keep working hard.

zilfy

For every Henry and Bergkamp that took time to make it theres plenty of talented players that never made the big step up, no matter how much time they were given.

Maybe we all just underestimated how easy the French league really is

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Nah, can’t compare Henry and Bergkamp to Pepe. Not having that. They’d already played abroad before coming here and were consistently performing for their national teams despite slow starts here.

You can't compare them because you don't know what the future holds. Pepe may turn out to be a flop or he may be the best player in our history, both are up for grabs. Bergkamp was a star but Henry joined us after an underwhelming spell in Italy, no-one dreamed when he joined us that he would become the great player he became with us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Bergkamp was a beast in Holland before going to Inter and dying a death. He was clearly as class player, but he'd only done it in Holland prior to coming to England, so most juries would have still been out on him. Bergkamp took 7 games to register his first goal in England and only showed glimpses of who he turned out to be in that time. He then scored a few worldies and never looked back.

My point is, Bergkamp was already a great player when he came to Arsenal--certainly held in higher esteem than Pepe was before he signed for us--so why is so little patience seemingly being shown for a player who was brought as a starter, yes, but also as a longer term investment? It doesn't make sense. I get the frustration, but you can't just expect these things to happen because he cost £70m. He's still human, still young and has to settle.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Knew we wouldn't have won, even against this ****ty United side. We just always lack something when we go to Old Trafford or Anfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Knew we wouldn't have won, even against this ****ty United side. We just always lack something when we go to Old Trafford or Anfield.
At least our record at Anfield isn't bad as old Trafford we won at Anfield in last few years but at old Trafford we just can't win

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Torreira was excellent . Good performances from Guendouzi, Saka, Chambers, Kola and Leno.

Less said about Pepe, Xhaka and Luiz the better.

So much for Pepe getting his penalty kick jump stater goal vs Villa:facepalm: This are the kind of games new signings are supposed to announce their presence with, sort of what Asharvin did with Liverpool a few years back.

That's why I was all in for Zaha. Anyways will support him for as long as possible and hope he can turn it around. If he doesn't, he'll turn out to be one great stick to beat Emery with, so win win I guess;)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Kind of a stupid answer because someone has to make it and Sp**s and Chelsea have looked sus.

The teams in third and fourth will be miles behind the top two but we all knew that.

Err, I don’t know how to break this to you, but there are other teams who can fill 3rd & 4th spots! Anyway Keane was taking the piss, it was his way of saying the game was a load of miserable sh1te.

Funny thing about tonight’s performance. I’ve seen us play better away to one of the big clubs and lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom