PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banner, Sep 24, 2019.

?

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. We somehow win, triggering the end of days

34.5%
  2. We bottle a winning position to draw

37.1%
  3. Lingard ends his streak without a goal. Rosso and Juan Mata’s beard are banned.

28.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

We should play Torreira as a shield of the CBs. He is really good at that. I understand Emery ‘s thinking in playing him higher up but it just isn’t correct. We have one good DM and we play him out of position...

Makingtrax likes this.
  2. CaseUteinberger

Good post! For some reason clubs as ManU get the rub of the green with the PL refs, we clearly don’t.

3. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

You can get away with a small DM if they’re very athletic like Kante. But Torreira is even shorter and 10kg lighter. Has he got the physicality and skill to be a great DM? Emery doesn’t seem to think so, but he didn’t buy him.

4. CaseUteinberger

Torreira might be short, but he is plenty physical to me. He also never has come across as to me not athletic . He is quick and turns well in tight spaces. He wins the ball back well and isn't afraid with the ball in traffic. I couldn't say that he is less athletic than e.g. Kante. But to be honest I haven't studied either of them in detail.

He is good enough to play that role for Uruguay's national team and they, at least as far as I am concerned, know a bit or two about playing hard defence as a team. Torreira has what Uruguay has, and that is fight in them. That's what i like the most about him. Call it La Garra Churra, or whatever, but he is a guy that will put it on the line I feel and we need more of those on the team.

Makingtrax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.