• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
---------------------Leno
Chambers - Holding - Howler - Tierney
-----Willock - Ceballos - Guendouzi
Pepe ---------- Auba -------- Nelson/Saka

Banter midfield this.

Xhaka will play instead of Ceballos. Maybe Torreira for Willock to add something defensively.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
gun__1215591965_20060917_manchesterunited.jpg

This seriously is our last league win there? Let's change that Monday. Crazy to think that is 13 years ago.

It seems like all our wins up there come by the odd goal.

We had quite good chances in some matches after 2006.In 2009 we beat ourselves,2013 we should beat them with ease when they were crap at OT.2016 was also embarrassing for us.

Toast

Established Member
Banter midfield this.

Xhaka will play instead of Ceballos. Maybe Torreira for Willock to add something defensively.

If we start with Toreira - Xhaka - Guendouzi it's exceedingly likely we'll play boring football yet again and still lose. Pointless midfield. I'd rather just play the kids. At least they've brought some excitement this season. I wouldn't mind Toreira as a 6 with two of the three others, but Emery won't play him in that role.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Actually agree, I think KT might because it’s basically a week away and he looked sharp tonight.

Bellerin is probably too soon so I’ve edited the line up in the original post for Chambers.

I’ve not heard anything on AMN having an injury but can’t see Emery dropping either of our CB’s so playing Calum at RB is the only way to fit him in.

Yeah will be too soon for Bellerin, but could possibly see Tierney start, depends on if he's fit enough.

Atm i'd go Chambers over AMN if both are fit, Ainsley hasn't impressed in a while.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Grew up during the years when United were our only true rivals and I have so many United supporting friends that if I could pick one guaranteed win a year it would be this....

Yet we disappoint every single time, even when they’re at their lowest low they always seem to get a result against us. Would love to go there and win but if we’re being realistic the best we’ll get is a draw.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This poll needs fixing. I see no reason to ban those good Mancunian people. I kinda like them, well-spoken, know and accept their situation. Of course that could easily change when United will finally come back to relevance just like it's happening now with some resident LFC posters ;)

Yeah they’re good lads tbf, much better than some of our own fans on here.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think it will be:

Leno
Chambers-Sokratis-Luiz-Kolasinac
Guendouzi-Ceballos/Willock-Xhaka
Pepe-Aubameyang-Saka

Subs: 1. Willock->Ceballos, 2. Nelson->Saka 3. Torreira->Xhaka or Tierney->Kolasinac.

Ceballos depends if Emery thinks his performance against Liverpool away was too bad. But it might be different press and he could have adjusted.

I think he wants to ease players into match fitness with rest and easier games, and have some experience on the field in a tough away match.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Okay so I have watched some United games, the one against Chelsea, Wolves, West Ham and Astana but that I only watched the first half.
One thing is clear is that they are best on the counter. When they have the ball, they are clueless and they have no reliable creative force apart from Pogba. Wan Bissaka is incredibly good at 1v1s so I don’t think either Saka or Nelson will do much against him. I think Emery will go for a diamond and let United have the wings. Their only real wide threat going forwards is James and I don’t want another Chambers vs Montero. Hopefully AMN can stop sulking and play welll otherwise it’s gonna be a long night. That bum Emery will definitely play Xhaka at the base so I expect United to enjoy the space we give them and run hard against us. It would not surprise me if Emery went an Özil, Cellabos, Guendouzi and Xhaka midfield, which has no intensity or athleticism but Emery loves to lose so what do we expect.
We should line up with Torreira, Willock and Guendouzi in midfield but we won’t and we will lose for it. 2-1 United.

Kav

Established Member
Secretly I despise this fixture, they always get some ridiculous calls in their favour or there is some blatant cheating or we do something silly and gift them a chance or goal.

That being said, I feel as good about this particular fixture than any at OT in a long time. Heck if we won i'd only be mildly surprised. Though i have yearned for the day of sweet revenge for that 8-2 mauling. Rant over/

To the OP fred is actually a good passer so don't underestimate him and NOTHING! NO ONE, EVER can make Xhaka look like Alonso.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would like to see:

Leno
Chambers Holding Luiz Kolasinac/Tierney
Guendouzi Torreira Willock
Pepe Aubameyang Saka

Unfortunately we will see Xhaka and that really amazing Sokratis/Luiz partnership

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This has a frustrating 1-1 draw written all over it.

Last year, they were in piss-poor form and we totally blew it by gifting them silly goals: Kola passing to Lingard in our 6-yard box.
They've been rubbish for years and in that time we have hardly taken anything off them. I hate playing United because we piss our pants even when they're the worst they could be..

Wanna see
Leno
Chambers - Luiz - Holding - Tierney
Willock - Ceballos - Torreira
Pepe - PEA - Saka

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
They've been rubbish for years and in that time we have hardly taken anything off them. I hate playing United because we piss our pants even when they're the worst they could be..

Wanna see
Leno
Chambers - Luiz - Holding - Tierney
Willock - Ceballos - Torreira
Pepe - PEA - Saka

Big Wengz always had a nervousness about him going up to OT in his later years, which is probably why we struggled a lot up there.

On the flipside, Unai Emery Etxegoien seems to have nervousness about going to most away grounds lately so who knows how this one is gonna go.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m not confident. They suck, we suck. Who wants to suck more? Think its us.

thierrytheking14

As good as Chambers has been last couple games can't help but think when he's up against the pace of James it could be a sh*t show.

Still have nightmares over the Jefferson Montero fiasco. Was that really 5 years ago?

That's how you know you're getting old, when 5 years ago seems like last year :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom