• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The one fixture per year I’d give anything to win. I hate Yanited with a burning passion. They’re awful, have a small injury crisis and are in desperate need of a big result- the stage is set for a 3-2 loss.

Honestly, I’d be a disappointed with a draw but I’d take it over a silly loss. Never ever confident of winning at OT, but once again, we have a huge chance to get three points there.

Think we’ll see the likes of Sokratis, Xhaka and AMN start. Even though two of those three should definitely ride the bench. I’d like to see;

Leno
Chambers Luiz Holding Tierney
Willock Guendouzi
Pepe Özil Saka
Aubameyang

That team has a brilliant blend of energy and technique and would be able to get around Yanited’s static, robotic midfield.

Think we’ll draw 2-2. But if we win I’m getting on the beers- couldn’t give a **** if it’s a Monday evening or not.
Every year your hatred for Yanited grows. As does mine..

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Realistically this is another stack the midfield with Pepe and Auba as strikers game I think. Expect Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira and Ceballos all to start. It could work if we had fullbacks like Bellerin and Tierney to provide width but with Kolasinac and AMN its a yucky plan.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just watch Greenwood score a stunner and go into the limelight, just like Rashford and Rooney. :lol:
Macheda was the one surely? Instant media star on the basis of one good goal against the Arsenal, and then????

My take is we're going to make a big statement in this game. if we carry on the impetus from the last game and a half, using the returnees as much as possible, we can boss and win this game.

A defeat will put more pressure on Solksjaer and make Pogba want to leave even more - not sure either of those are things we should wish for - but it can make us put the Watford debacle to bed and put us back where we should be this season, best of the rest and building a good young team which can challenge for honours if improved judiciously.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Realistically this is another stack the midfield with Pepe and Auba as strikers game I think. Expect Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira and Ceballos all to start. It could work if we had fullbacks like Bellerin and Tierney to provide width but with Kolasinac and AMN its a yucky plan.

This is most likely what will happen. #EmeryOut

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Macheda was the one surely? Instant media star on the basis of one good goal against the Arsenal, and then????

My take is we're going to make a big statement in this game. if we carry on the impetus from the last game and a half, using the returnees as much as possible, we can boss and win this game.

A defeat will put more pressure on Solksjaer and make Pogba want to leave even more - not sure either of those are things we should wish for - but it can make us put the Watford debacle to bed and put us back where we should be this season, best of the rest and building a good young team which can challenge for honours if improved judiciously.
Good post. Almost like a Loss here could still get us what we want.. that is, a rap season for yanited

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Shut down their pace on the break and they should have nothing?

Will be risky but that means playing Tierney and AMN (unfortunately). Willock in midfield is an absolute must otherwise our one paced midfield will get smoked.

--------------------------------Leno

AMN--------Sok or Holding-------------------Luiz--------------Tierney

-------------------------------Torreira or Xhaka
-------------------------Willock---------Guendouzi or Ceballos

Pepe-----------------------------------------------------------------Saka
--------------------------------Aubameyang

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Shut down their pace on the break and they should have nothing?

Will be risky but that means playing Tierney and AMN (unfortunately). Willock in midfield is an absolute must otherwise our one paced midfield will get smoked.

--------------------------------Leno

AMN--------Sok or Holding-------------------Luiz--------------Tierney

-------------------------------Torreira or Xhaka
-------------------------Willock---------Guendouzi or Ceballos

Pepe-----------------------------------------------------------------Saka
--------------------------------Aubameyang
Why not start with Bellerin even if he's substituted half time or early second-half? When their initial impetus, such as it is, has gone? Or even Chambers? AMN looks a bit low on confidence at the moment.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why not start with Bellerin even if he's substituted half time or early second-half? When their initial impetus, such as it is, has gone? Or even Chambers? AMN looks a bit low on confidence at the moment.
Risk Bellerin for one fixture. Come on, man. He got 15 minutes the other night. We all knew we'd have to be patient with him and we can;t afford for him to be out longer than he already has been. No no no to that silly idea!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If it wasn't United/Daniel James then I would definitely start Chambers, on merit he deserves it but I'm sick of us going their as the better side and being undone by stupid mistakes/counter attacks.

My logic is that if we shut down their threat on the break they'll have absolutely nothing to worry us with, meaning we could survive having the absolute liability that is AMN out there without having to risk darling Hecccy.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

They'll park the most massive bus they can find & hit us on the counter knowing our comical defense will idiotically allow them to waltz past to an unprotected Leno.

They could have the entire custodial staff across the pitch with the tea lady leading the line & find a way to beat us.

We haven't won at Old Trafford for 13 years &, despite their abysmal form, I don't expect us to bring that dreadful record to an end anytime soon.

Manchester United 3 - Arsenal 1

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Because we have two players who are better at RB in AMN and Chambers.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

The guy is coming back from an ACL, being out for 9 months and you want him to play in a high intensity game, ffs.

I’d give Chambers the nod, he deserves it.

Ceballos and Guen will definitely start. Emery would probably play Xhaka again but considering he was booed and how important the mental part of football is for Emery, I think he’ll opt between one of Torreira or Özil.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Because we have two players who are better at RB in AMN and Chambers.

nyqiTfh.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Let them have the ball they have no creativity centrally, hit them in the counter with pace.

Liverpool game tactic? Should we go that defensive against United? I agree with your point though, should bring at least a draw, but the Emery out gang will get more fuel.

Why are people talking about AMN? Didn't he get one game suspension?

Chambers at RB is pretty obvious, like others have said, you don't put Bellerin in to a game like this to get match fitness and get injured again.

Tierney might get a substitution for Kola later in game in my opinion, because his injury wasn't as bad as Bellerin's and he already played 77 minutes.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Did Macheda score against us? Don't recall it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom