• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBoy19

United's last 20 games : W5 D5 L10 GF18 GA29.

Yes but I get it Lingard will turn into Messi again and probably Greenwood will open his account against us.

2-0 to United with Xhaka red card.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What about three at the back?

That might actually be a simple way to stop our midfield being overrun. The midfielders wouldn't have to cover acres of space including having to cover the flanks so much, they could concentrate covering the middle of pitch. Resulting in not allowing the opposition a straight path to run at our CB's. It is only a viable option if we have Bellerin, Tierney or Kola on his good days. No point playing that system with AMN or with Kola having his usual game.

Ofcourse you can't suggest the 3 at the back formation without people frothing at the mouth in here. It is automatically seen as a negative tactic. It is far from negative with the right personnel.

Pepes blue pill

That might actually be a simple way to stop our midfield being overrun. The midfielders wouldn't have to cover acres of space including having to cover the flanks so much, they could concentrate covering the middle of pitch. Resulting in not allowing the opposition a straight path to run at our CB's. It is only a viable option if we have Bellerin, Tierney or Kola on his good days. No point playing that system with AMN or with Kola having his usual game.

Ofcourse you can't suggest the 3 at the back formation without people frothing at the mouth in here. It is automatically seen as a negative tactic. It is far from negative with the right personnel.

I wouldnt be against it, we cant play as open as we have been, if we do we will do a good job of making utd look good

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm basically okay with a draw, loss is not acceptable. 13 years without a win at OT is a long long time.

I remember some game with Wenger when we had humongous amount of shots, and they just countered and ruined us.

I think it would be okay tactic to be a bit defensive to lure them, and hit with Auba & Pepe. They can't press like Liverpool and can't break bus tactics.

Basically only way to lose that way would be Xhaka, Luiz or Sokratis penalty in the box, or some bad luck otherwise. And with counters it's quite possible to win, even against Liverpool we had some good chances.

Preacher

Always Crying
I would use this midfield:

Willock-Guendouzi
Torreira

Knowing Emery, we'll try to play counter-attacking football. United are useless in possession when there is no space to run in.

Torreira would shield defence. Guendouzi would be mainly responsible for passing, connecting defence and attack. Willock would be the main ball carrier in the midfield.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Chambers/Bello---Mustafi---Holding---Tierney.

Couldn't care any less with the rest of the team, Xhaka included.

United are doing their best to finish 12th in the league, so we'll give them that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Chambers/Bello---Mustafi---Holding---Tierney.

Couldn't care any less with the rest of the team, Xhaka included.

United are doing their best to finish 12th in the league, so we'll give them that.

Mustafi? Are people giving him a chance again after two okay games against Frankfurt & Nottingham? I would need at least 10 good games without a mistake to consider him in the EPL or big games.

This is considering Luiz and Sokratis have made mistakes too, but they don't have amazing life time experience of it.

Last edited:
Mustafi? Are people giving him a chance again after two okay games against Frankfurt & Nottingham? I would need at least 10 good games without a mistake to consider him in the EPL or big games.

This is considering Luiz and Sokratis have made mistakes too, but they don't have amazing life time experience of it.

Preach

dbig

Should be optimistic but too many years of terrible referring against us there has made me afraid to dream.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If we allow lingard to score against us again..............
Jesse Lingard's last goal... 5 December 2018 vs Arsenal.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom