• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Are you seriously comparing the squad Wenger inherited to the one inherited by Emery?
Wenger took over a mid table team & within a season changed the whole culture of the club, made it a title contending juggernaut
Emery took over a team inches away from the top four & kept them exactly where they were with the quality of football going down the gutter
This comparison was straight up blasphemous

You’re right... but if that’s our expectation then I feel bad for whoever inherits after Emery too.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This was poverty through and through... Had to record the game as it came on during working hours. Didn't check results and sat down after work hopping for a good game and a win. Clearly got neither. That we cannot beat that ManU team is just sad. They really are pretty ****ty even at home. What disturbs me most is that I feel that we aren't making any positive progress so far this season. It is the same stodgy servings game after game. We can have 10-15 minutes of higher tempo and some fluid play only top sack back and just stink the place up.

At least Chambers looked good starting at left back. Active and good in defence. But guys like Pepe and Cabellos really were poor as was Xhaka. He even managed to pick up his obligatory yellow. I cannot remember the last game he didn't get a card of some colour.

I must admit that some of my positivity is draining away. Emery really isn't pulling up any trees with his team selection and tactics. It all feels awfully stale and predictable. Really don't feel like he is improving the team much.

Kav

Established Member
Honestly people, imagine the screaming and the riots around the club had Wenger's teams been putting in the performances and playing like this set of players?

There would be no ending to the Wenger out chants and vitriol. Yet I don't understand why he's given such leeway when the performances and style of play have been so poor. I get more upset when i think about how we have regressed.

Emery needs to figure this out. If he can that would be good. The basic ingredients are there but he's messing it up, we should have another 5 points in my opinion (draw at anfield, win at OT and a win at watford).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This was poverty through and through... Had to record the game as it came on during working hours. Didn't check results and sat down after work hopping for a good game and a win. Clearly got neither. That we cannot beat that ManU team is just sad. They really are pretty ****ty even at home. What disturbs me most is that I feel that we aren't making any positive progress so far this season. It is the same stodgy servings game after game. We can have 10-15 minutes of higher tempo and some fluid play only top sack back and just stink the place up.

At least Chambers looked good starting at left back. Active and good in defence. But guys like Pepe and Cabellos really were poor as was Xhaka. He even managed to pick up his obligatory yellow. I cannot remember the last game he didn't get a card of some colour.

I must admit that some of my positivity is draining away. Emery really isn't pulling up any trees with his team selection and tactics. It all feels awfully stale and predictable. Really don't feel like he is improving the team much.

It was so bad pundit Jim Beglin actually said "are we watching mediocrity "? This is a bloke that's usually so diplomatic and PC about us .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It is now October and the team hasn't played well in a PL game yet and is being carried by one striker. Alarm bells should be ringing. It doesn't look like the team is heading in the right direction, they're not heading in any direction at all, just going round in circles.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Honestly people, imagine the screaming and the riots around the club had Wenger's teams been putting in the performances and playing like this set of players?

There would be no ending to the Wenger out chants and vitriol. Yet I don't understand why he's given such leeway when the performances and style of play have been so poor. I get more upset when i think about how we have regressed.

Emery needs to figure this out. If he can that would be good. The basic ingredients are there but he's messing it up, we should have another 5 points in my opinion (draw at anfield, win at OT and a win at watford).
That's because Wenger was the greatest manager of all time & people had expectations as such
People know Emery is a bum so the expectations are far less

GoonerBoy19

Funny thing is United fans and pundits are complaining that they were playing with slow tempo, yet when James,Perriera,McTominay,Lingard ran into us our midfield went blank and clueless.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We made United look much better than they really are. Need Pepe to step up, only individual performances will save us this season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It was so bad pundit Jim Beglin actually said "are we watching mediocrity "? This is a bloke that's usually so diplomatic and PC about us .
I also noticed that. And he wasn't being controversial either, he was being spot on about it! We're absolutely boring, as are united..

Preacher

Always Crying
nqexffe4qsp31.jpg

Torreira’s average position in the game.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A point at Old Trafford is fine, even against a **** United side. I can take us not turning up there but that wasn't the problem, the problem was the plan from Emery. A plan that has failed over and over and he is not learning from. For someone who is apparently a football obsessive that just analyses videos all day he can only be incapable of understanding football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom