• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're in the same sort of situation we were in through Wenger's last years but playing worse football. Emery has to literally win the league with this approach for it to be worth anything. Arsenal can't be this uninspiring workhorse team that gets some good results here and there but makes you want to claw your eyes out while watching. We can't be changing to adapt to every team from Liverpool to Watford, as if we're the plucky little side looking to scrape a result each time. We should be forcing teams to adjust to us.
The fans mocked, insulted and ranted about our excellent style manager who forced teams to adjust to him. Wenger wouldn’t change his swashbuckling style even if he sometimes took a drubbing from richer squads. Only when the pressure was unbearable did he and team fold after 20 years of top 4.

So the club got in a reactive manager who sets up differently for every team. He’s above Chelsea, Sp**s and United and he’s only lost one game away at Pool. But guess what, he’s getting mocked, insulted and ranted about.

That stuff isn’t my style.

Mohamed7

Yes, I don’t honestly believe that either Wenger or Emery is as bad as people are making out.

Emery’s not Wenger, I wasn’t expecting that. But he’s above United, Chelsea and Sp**s at the moment. And the squad with Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka are prone to errors too.

If he drops down to 5th or below I’ll join the Emery out banter. Until then I’ll watch while the bandwagon effect rolls on.

But the trouble is, as we saw with Wenger once social media and the fans in the stadium go into rant mode, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy as the nervousness among the players takes hold. Emery will not be able to hold out for two years of social media melt down like Wenger did. He’ll likely go at the end of this season, if not before. Until he goes, I’ll support him. No hate here.

He is one loss away from mid-table, so you must be on your edge to join the banter...?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If you liked Wenger then the stuff Emery does should appear even more jarring imo. No stable starting 11, no stable set of tactics, each match is the start of a new learning curve. Something which works gets abandoned in the next match. I mean people were pining for a 'tactical' manager after Wenger, Emery has just shown what a lot of what Wenger did with his teams was right.
That’s on the club. I never wanted Wenger out and definitely never wanted a reactive manager like Emery. But it’s different, so let’s see how he does before hanging him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The fans mocked, insulted and ranted about our excellent style manager who forced teams to adjust to him. Wenger wouldn’t change his swashbuckling style even if he sometimes took a drubbing from richer squads. Only when the pressure was unbearable did he and team fold after 20 years of top 4.

So the club got in a reactive manager who sets up differently for every team. He’s above Chelsea, Sp**s and United and he’s only lost one game away at Pool. But guess what, he’s getting mocked, insulted and ranted about.

That stuff isn’t my style.
We were wrong trax.
But we aren't wrong now:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We were wrong trax.
But we aren't wrong now:lol:
If you’re right he’ll sink down the table, and I’ll I join in. If he finishes in the top 4 with a cup, we can’t expect anything better. Certainly not until this squad is finally fixed at the back.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If you’re right he’ll sink down the table, and I’ll I join in. If he finishes in the top 4 with a cup, we can’t expect anything better. Certainly not until this squad is finally fixed at the back.
Fair enough. You're sticking to your guns admirably as always. I'm not quite calling for the sack but I'm bored out of my mind with the football and i just don't think Emery gets english football

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. You're sticking to your guns admirably as always. I'm not quite calling for the sack but I'm bored out of my mind with the football and i just don't think Emery gets english football
The football isn’t the best, but I thought results were everything in football.

Uncle Good-Advice

I don't know, since we have almost no chance of winning the league I do care much more about the style than grinding wins against the Watfords of this world. Football should be an entertainment first anf foremost, without that it's probably one of the most boring sports.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You could easily dig up an old quote of mine along the lines of 'i don't care if we're winning 1-0 and bored to death' but.. i was wrong cause or defense can't stop conceding. We need to fully utilize the attacking strength we have... ala Arsène. Run at teams, move them around, take necessary risks IN THE OPPOSITION HALF..

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't know, since we have almost no chance of winning the league I do care much more about the style than grinding wins against the Watfords of this world. Football should be an entertainment first anf foremost, without that it's probably one of the most boring sports.
That’s what I used to say in the Wenger days and then got spanked by a hundred angry posts telling me 4th wasn’t a trophy ffs.:lol:.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You could easily dig up an old quote of mine along the lines of 'i don't care if we're winning 1-0 and bored to death' but.. i was wrong cause or defense can't stop conceding. We need to fully utilize the attacking strength we have... ala Arsène. Run at teams, move them around, take necessary risks IN THE OPPOSITION HALF..
He isn’t a risk taking manager.

But is that because he knows our defence is ****. He inherited Mustafi. Did he even want Luiz? Sokratis rash. Does even rate Chambers? Two full backs still injured? Would you be cautious with that mess?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Mate, people win the lottery and are instant millionaires, that doesn't make them good business people simply because their bank accounts are large. Our position this season has come down to Auba heroics and luck, that's it.
Wow the mental gymnastics people will do just to refuse to admit we are at a pretty decent position so far results and table wise DESPITE having played more top 6 rivals than any other top 6 club. You can luck out on single results but it's not something that you can manage over 7 games, it doesn't exist. Stop chatting sh*t.

Last edited:

Uncle Good-Advice

That’s what I used to say in the Wenger days and then got spanked by a hundred angry posts telling me 4th wasn’t a trophy ffs.:lol:.
I wasn't one of those posters, however I think that 4th place trophy is even less and less important nowadays. CL is mostly prestige. Lack of it doesn't result in inability to spend big money and didn't stop us Utd or won't stop Chelsea next summer from luring big-time players. There's plenty of money coming from elsewhere. One more reason to play expansive, attractive football instead of scraping for 4th.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He isn’t a risk taking manager.
Sorry but this is not a justified statement. We're literally gifting goals by inviting pressure trying a tactic with a silly formation. You can get better out of this squad. Mustafi hasn't played in a few now. We invite pressure in games against teams we should be taking a part.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I used to watch every single match of ours but now I just wait to see the team selection and decide whether it’ll be worth it. Guess I was right not to watch this one..

This flat midfield **** really isn’t working as is.

Would this:

Torreira

Guendouzi Xhaka
Work better than this?

Xhaka

Torreira Guendouzi​

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sorry but this is not a justified statement. We're literally gifting goals by inviting pressure trying a tactic with a silly formation. You can get better out of this squad. Mustafi hasn't played in a few now. We invite pressure in games against teams we should be taking a part.
Depends on your mind set. Is your first objective not to lose, or is it to win. Wenger was always to win, but he got heavily criticised for it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
None has, unfortunately. Watched a few pundit shows and no one has talked about it yet. The doom and gloom with Ole and the Wheel seems to overshadow Xhaka's freak incident.
You know why no one has spoken about it? Because he didn’t duck anything. He was actually going to head that ball but it took a little deflection.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Depends on your mind set. Is your first objective not to lose, or is it to win. Wenger was always to win, but he got heavily criticised for it.
Nobody criticized wenger for wanting to win, trax. You can't be serious with a statement like that. Wenger was, for the most part, accused of 'not keeping up with modern football' (whatever that means), not spending and being too stubborn in terms of molly coddling players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom