• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Newcastle 2 - 0 Arsenal | Monday 16th May | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to rally the troops.

No time to be down since we have a chance of redemption right here.

None of this sitting back or reactive tactics, please. We need to play on the front foot, hold the ball and silence the crowd. City bouncing back after their CL exit should be the blueprint for Arteta as they remained focused and did this to Newcastle:

B8B0FDB3-C1B8-473F-9C92-9E094EFF8700.jpeg

It’ll be a lot tougher as they’ve only lost one game in 2022 at home and that was against Liverpool but WE CAN DO IT.

Remember the last time we had to secure CL football at St James Park? Well, we got the job done and I don’t see why we can’t do so here.

image.jpg

Let’s remain positive, win this one and move on to Everton.

🤞

COYG 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

rockofcashel

As long as there's 150m+ to spend in summer then I think we should be better again next season. Shouldn't lose anyone valuable, all the young players are a year older, add some serious quality.

Thursday night games are for the second team: the new American GK, Holding, Cedric, Tavares, whichever CBs aren't in the first team, Lokonga, Elneny, Patino, Pepe, Balogun or Biereth; bench spots for Swanson, Hutchinson, Azeez, Cottrell, etc.

And then when those players are inevitably needed in the first team, they're match fit and know the system.

Having Thursday night games isn't as bad as you paint it.

Its the Sunday games all the time wreck my head.. if Arsenal lose, it f***s up my whhole week ahead 😪

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Absolutely shocking match. All Arteta's weaknesses laid bare. The squad is thin through his own arrogance. He's too intense and the players are over micro managed. There's no freedom and when the chips are down, they crumble, as they have before. And despite investing more than City at least half his purchases since coming into the club have been poor.

We're going nowhere with this guy.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not here to start spraying blame around - plenty of time for that later unfortunately.

Just wanted to say how deeply gutted and disappointed I am about yesterday's result. The hope and the expectation gets inside of you doesn't it?!

I know that there will be future glories and we're just got to ride out the lows in order to get to them... We go again 🤜

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

281150002_409060911227718_5743694757217598447_n.png

"Feel like pure ****, just want this team back"
Dan Burn was immense, just one stray pass I saw. Would love to see stats on his tackling and clearances in that game . Reminds me of Adams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dan Burn was immense, just one stray pass I saw. Would love to see stats on his tackling and clearances in that game . Reminds me of Adams.

He was very good, tbf.

We really need a new striker though, Laca is past it and Eddie just isn't good enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In Arsène's last season, we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

In Emery's only full season, we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

In Arteta's first full season with fans in stadiums (which makes the biggest difference, in home and away matches) we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

That's really something that needs to hopefully he addressed next season, you can see why we have just fallen short for Top 4 in all those seasons.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

In Arsène's last season, we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

In Emery's only full season, we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

In Arteta's first full season with fans in stadiums (which makes the biggest difference, in home and away matches) we finished with a negative goal difference away from home.

That's really something that needs to hopefully he addressed next season, you can see why we have just fallen short for Top 4 in all those seasons.
It's a sign of the players being nervous. When a large away crowd get on to them, they fold. Arsène never used to have that problem until the planes, rants and toxic **** started.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Go on twitter and see Arsenal fans crying Newcastle tried so hard against us, how'd they have coped back in the day when the likes of Bolton, Birmingham and Stoke not only tried against us but went of their way to injure our players.

Fanbase has gotten so sawft. Instead of demanding more from the players and the manager they create about every external factor under the sun.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Go on twitter and see Arsenal fans crying Newcastle tried so hard against us, how'd they have coped back in the day when the likes of Bolton, Birmingham and Stoke not only tried against us but went of their way to injure our players.

Fanbase has gotten so sawft. Instead of demanding more from the players and the manager they create about every external factor under the sun.
Yeah these new age fans are f*cking embarrassing. Spend all day talking sh*t on Twitter with their stupid anime display pics, trying to get a ‘ratio’ every 2 mins. F*cking c*nts.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

It is kinda true though. Guarantee if top4 was already gone for us Newcastle’s intensity and determination to win that match would have been rock bottom. That doesn’t excuse our own performance of course. We were beyond bad to the point of scandalous. How do you raise your game against Chelsea & United but are somehow too nervous and fold away to Palace and Newcastle? It’s abnormal. It’s almost as if they want to fuq it up.

ptrcopp

No idea what the **** was so bad about that **** he had to be released, but surely they could have just found a way to keep him there till the end of the season. Or buy a meaningful option in the winter window if it really had to be done. We had enough squad issues relying on guys like Cedric and Holding FFS.

At the end of the say we put far too much on ESR and Saka and they just ran out of steam, at exactly the wrong moment,which wasn’t their fault btw.
This a times a million.

It reeks of poor management, this whole season. We have let go players with experience, character and passion for the club and replaced them with Nketiah and Elneny and Cedric. We have also not signed players, like Bruno, who could have made a real difference to our quality. This has compounded us rushing back already injury prone players like Tomi, Tierney and Thomas because we lack quality otherwise.

We have players in the squad who have been massively under utilised, like Pepe and Martinelli earlier in the season, which has contributed to running Saka etc into the ground. Even when payers play well they aren’t trusted.

All this culminates in twice losing control of 4th place and in this last game throwing one 5 attackers, playing one of them left back, asking Xhaka to play 4 different roles at different points in the game. This isn’t tactical nous. It looked like at one point Laca decided what should be done…

Giving Arteta the extension signalled the lack of ambition we have - the season wasn’t over but it was already good enough for those at the top.

Sorry but this isn’t good enough for me: it’s not good enough for Arsenal FC.

Gunnerineverylife

This was perhaps our last chance to get top four. After the rise of Newcastle, United stable with Ten Hag and Sp**s getting even better under Conte in second season it will be fcking hard next season. It is a shame. Ultimately our thin squad let us down.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This was perhaps our last chance to get top four. After the rise of Newcastle, United stable with Ten Hag and Sp**s getting even better under Conte in second season it will be fcking hard next season. It is a shame. Ultimately our thin squad let us down.
Never bet on that but yeah it's a given we will do worse than this season because we will have Europa League. We ended up getting battered by injuries basically playing hobby amounts of football.

Pop Tart

Established Member

As soon as I heard the Newcastle fans I knew we would not win. This team is easily shook by opposition fans instead of thriving on it. Same reason we got knocked out by Nottingham forest or any other away defeat this season.

Fault is on arteta for making them pansies and the whole youth policy bullshit when they are going to act like timid geeks

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Even with the right acquisitions, I can't see this team getting top 4 next season. I don't trust this manager to deliver

We just have an average squad at best, people also know for example that Sp**s have 2 world class striker in Son and Kane and we are also falling short in that area. I dont want to compare ourselves to our biggest rivals but there are more problems then just Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom