• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Newcastle 2 - 0 Arsenal | Monday 16th May | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to rally the troops.

No time to be down since we have a chance of redemption right here.

None of this sitting back or reactive tactics, please. We need to play on the front foot, hold the ball and silence the crowd. City bouncing back after their CL exit should be the blueprint for Arteta as they remained focused and did this to Newcastle:

B8B0FDB3-C1B8-473F-9C92-9E094EFF8700.jpeg

It’ll be a lot tougher as they’ve only lost one game in 2022 at home and that was against Liverpool but WE CAN DO IT.

Remember the last time we had to secure CL football at St James Park? Well, we got the job done and I don’t see why we can’t do so here.

image.jpg

Let’s remain positive, win this one and move on to Everton.

🤞

COYG 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Newcastle actually have a decent record at St James Park this season tbf. Only teams they’ve lost to are City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s. And IIRC the Chelsea and Sp**s defeats were prior to their takeover.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Newcastle actually have a decent record at St James Park this season tbf. Only teams they’ve lost to are City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s. And IIRC the Chelsea and Sp**s defeats were prior to their takeover.
They have Burn, Schar, Jon Joe Shelvey, Willock who has done nothing this season, Almiron who blows hot and cold (mostly cold) and St Maximum who reminds me of Pepe.

If we can't beat that lot while we are desperately fighting for CL then we don't deserve it. Time for these big time Charlie's at our club to stand up and be counted. They will be crying looking moves in a year or two because they want to play CL football. Time to ****ing earn it.

Expect nothing more than a win against Newcastle and Everton. If not they (players and manager) only have themselves to blame.

Burnley won't do us favours nor will Norwich. Its in our hands and let's see if the team have the balls to get over the line.

The difference in CL this year and EL is huge. Next year with added matches, United better off, Sp**s with increased budget etc will be harder. We need big big quality this window probably 150m plus sales. Won't be easy with the 10m or so you earn from EL.

LeeBro

I can’t see us not winning against Newcastle. Our defence will be patchy but their midfield will likely be just as bad and that’s a key battle I’d expect us to win.

Score early doors and hopefully ease off the pressure. Newcastle May have trippier and Wilson back but this is ours to lose. It may be their last home game but we have everything to fight for and I think the lads will be up for it.

Sp**s vs Burnley will be an interesting game. The longer that goes without Sp**s scoring I can see Sp**s losing their heads a little. I’m hopeful of a draw.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It’d be very Spursy to beat us and then slip up vs Burnley. However it would also be very Arseny to have a complete meltdown after losing to them and crumble under the pressure. Season’s come down to these last few games. Let’s see how bad we want it and whether Arteta has what it takes to bring us over the line.

I have to say if we don’t get 4th now then that new deal for Mikky looks mighty daft.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Still hard to face what happened the other night. Can't get over the way we totally gifted them that game.

Monday is another day completely though. Hoping for more of the same kind reaction to defeat we saw away to Chelsea rather than the Brighton loss.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I really really fear this game.. I know Newcastle won't approach this game the way Tottenham did but its still their last home game of the season and on a Monday night ffs

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

All I ask is that Arteta and the coaching staff have the boys properly fired up. Can’t he give some emotional, motivational speech or something

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Gabriel is out I'm quite confident in a White/Tomi partnership at the back. We've won games with Cedric and Nuno at full back as well.

All hinges on whether the midfield step it up though, non existent at Sp**s.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can’t see us not winning against Newcastle. Our defence will be patchy but their midfield will likely be just as bad and that’s a key battle I’d expect us to win.

Score early doors and hopefully ease off the pressure. Newcastle May have trippier and Wilson back but this is ours to lose. It may be their last home game but we have everything to fight for and I think the lads will be up for it.

Sp**s vs Burnley will be an interesting game. The longer that goes without Sp**s scoring I can see Sp**s losing their heads a little. I’m hopeful of a draw.
What would possess you to write something like this?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolute banker of a win, Newcastle have done their hard work, they'll be thinking of the beaches by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom