• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | April 15, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocrodile

So you would rather see Arsenal not winning a potential trophy and qualifying for the CL so the manager can be sacked (something that is by no means guaranteed). I get it now. Pretty daft, tbh!

Genuinely can't fault both lines of thinking.

I know that I should root for the success of the club I love. But one person creating a toxic situation and destroying all hope of progress, who's been given years of time to deliver but seemingly regresses every year, works under the mask of doing sth in club's best makes me absolutely sick. Realistically it 's easier to facillitate a change of 1 man than a host of bigwigs up in the board. Or a squad that often seems like it couldn't be arsed, lacks urgency or football IQ.

Odds against Atletico? Slim, given that they have a player4player better squad, better manager, better mentality.

The basics though, being 7th isn't a travesty. It 's the **** football coupled with **** results (especially away from home) that 's eating away at people.

The common denominator to many years of regression is Arsène Wenger, who refuses to leave. Realistically, I 'd be really happy to get someone to replace him this year. Favre, Jardim, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Howe, there are even more obscure names I 'd take here. Wenger needs to be sacked even if he wins the EL. We're past the footballing breaking point on the pitch and have been for years because of him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
cc80ykN.jpg

Alright, what the **** is this. Your entire ****ing team is on the right hand side of the pitch, can someone please explain? :lol:

Spend an entire year watching Championship football not long ago and never saw positioning as bad as this. If this happened in FM you'd legitimately consider submitting a bug report.

Preacher

Always Crying
cc80ykN.jpg

Alright, what the **** is this. Your entire ****ing team is on the right hand side of the pitch, can someone please explain? :lol:

Spend an entire year watching Championship football not long ago and never saw positioning as bad as this. If this happened in FM you'd legitimately consider submitting a bug report.
This is visual presentation to fool Simeone. Wenger's master plan is in motion:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Knew we’d lose. Players are going to find it difficult care about the remaining fixtures the deeper we go into the EL. Only reason we’ve been winning in the league is because we’ve been at home

progman07

Established Member
What surprises me is that Wenger has blamed playing on Thursday yet again, which has become the new 'lack of sharpness', or 'lack of confidence'.

"you could see that some players had played on Thursday night, especially late in the game."

I don't see what's the difference between playing on Wednesday - Saturday, and playing Thursday - Sunday, really. Doesn't sound like an excuse a big club should bring up, many teams play twice a week.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't think we have a genuine chance to beat Atletico Madrid.
So yes, if we lose, I'd prefer it to be by a margin if it increases the chances of Wenger to get sacked.

And tbf I don't see the point of going back to CL if we keep the same manager and players. Getting humiliated year after year for half a decade isn't something I have enjoyed.

I truly don't get that line of "reasoning". Sound so daft to me.
I am an Arsenal and I am hoping they win, specially a European trophy, whatever the circumstances and environment! But what do I know..;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I truly don't get that line of "reasoning". Sound so daft to me.
I am an Arsenal and I am hoping they win, specially a European trophy, whatever the circumstances and environment! But what do I know..;)
A lot more than most I suspect. ;)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What surprises me is that Wenger has blamed playing on Thursday yet again, which has become the new 'lack of sharpness', or 'lack of confidence'.

"you could see that some players had played on Thursday night, especially late in the game."

I don't see what's the difference between playing on Wednesday - Saturday, and playing Thursday - Sunday, really. Doesn't sound like an excuse a big club should bring up, many teams play twice a week.
All he has to offer in 2018 is excuses. It's been that way for years now. If he was half as good at adapting tactically as he is at carving out new excuses we'd be 3o points higher in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom