• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | September 15, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
But wasn't Auba also on the left last season? You're arguing for Laca to be dropped, and that's clearly not a sensible argument right now.
No. Some games he was up front.

I am not arguing for Laca to be dropped. I'm saying there are games when if he isn't "dropped" Auba will have to be on the bench which for me is tactics not punishment. The team comes first, not an affinity for one player or another.

For me Auba is more of a goal-scorer than Laca. If he doesn't play up front through the middle we'll never get the best out of him. If he is played out of position it's a bit rich to say he's not playing well. No more than Laca would if he was played out wide. But if Emery's decision is that Laca starts he doesn't have to appease Auba by playing him out of position and thus harming the team's shape.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
not happy with Ramsey. Guendozi had a horrible effect on the team and is out of his depth. Aubameyang disappointingly timid as was Nacho. Mustafi still a dumbass. Bellerin and Torreira playing like immature teenagers at all the wrong times.

Sok- Xhaka - Özil - Laca were enough today for Newcastle...but a better team would have punished us. Very few moments of good football, and a lot of sloppy stuff. Still, things seem to be settling a little as the spine finds its feet. There is something to build around.

Welbeck seems to look the part and look really fit thought...maybe next game Welbeck - Laca can be given a tryout.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Jesus I wouldn't like to be an online sports editor right now. Xhaka and Özil both scored to win a game for Arsenal away from home? F*ck! Sp*rs lost and played terribly? Ah f*ck, can't use that story. Wait what was Raheem Sterling doing today, playing and winning a football match? Is that it? Godammit!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
One big improvement to make from now on is to start playing the game from the 1st half, instead of from the 2nd half. Right now we're using the 1st half more as a warm-up/tactics session, I'd suggest doing that beforehand and just playing straight away.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Very good win. Wrapped for Granit - played a stormer. It's clear that Matteo and Granit aren't the best partnership, both are too slow and not mobile enough while Torreira is precisely what we need in the middle. Night and day change.

Really annoyed at the last minute goal from Newcastle. A clean sheet would have done our defenders a world of good in confidence. Watching the replay of it a few times and I can't quite work out why our line is set up so high from a free kick - it should have been a good 5-10 metres further back toward our goal. Totally preventable and it's not the first time we've conceded such sloppy goals from seemingly benign set piece situations.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
There were a couple of posts slating the new boss/lamenting the demise of Wenger early doors in this one.

We were far from perfect, still a few dodgy performances, but 2 away wins in a month is better than 2 in a year!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Good win, solid performance.

Still don't see any structured or planned pressing game from us.

True. I guess if it does come, it will take much longer. But I don't see us pressing really any more than any other football team presses, or than Wenger's teams pressed. So far the only discernible tactic I can make out is the goalkeeper thing, but maybe i'm just not analysing well enough.

But hey ho, we're three games into this eight game run of winnable PL games and we have full points so far. So can't complain.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There were a couple of posts slating the new boss/lamenting the demise of Wenger early doors in this one.

We were far from perfect, still a few dodgy performances, but 2 away wins in a month is better than 2 in a year!
I think we need to look forward rather than back. I was a huge Wenger admirer, I want Emery to succeed but I'm not about to moderate my ambition for the club to winning more away games than we did last season.

Already we have seen a return to giving the fourth place trophy importance when it was dissed for many years as Wenger charlatanism. I'd kill for the 4th place trophy this season but we have to be realistic, it's probably not where we are or will be whilst we are a Kronke franchise.

there were some obvious moments where we pressed with a plan and it worked quiet well

Yeah but that can also be said when we where under Wenger.

I know it will take time to change and I'm excited. And I know we will become better pressing team under Emery, but we are still not seeing the land from the sea at the moment! I'm patience though. Just wanted to point it out! :)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One big improvement to make from now on is to start playing the game from the 1st half, instead of from the 2nd half. Right now we're using the 1st half more as a warm-up/tactics session, I'd suggest doing that beforehand and just playing straight away.
That’s a good point but it’s not that easy. Lower teams tend to come out of the traps like a bull at a gate, fast on the press and getting back into shape quickly.

The second half, when energy levels drop, the class tells.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Very good win. Wrapped for Granit - played a stormer. It's clear that Matteo and Granit aren't the best partnership, both are too slow and not mobile enough while Torreira is precisely what we need in the middle. Night and day change.

Really annoyed at the last minute goal from Newcastle. A clean sheet would have done our defenders a world of good in confidence. Watching the replay of it a few times and I can't quite work out why our line is set up so high from a free kick - it should have been a good 5-10 metres further back toward our goal. Totally preventable and it's not the first time we've conceded such sloppy goals from seemingly benign set piece situations.
It was basically 2 v 1 at the back post. Monreal didn't get tight enough, first mistake. Bellerin AWOL caught way up the pitch, second mistake. Mustafi misjudges the flight of the ball for the 3rd time in the match, 3rd mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom