• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

Alexone234

If Chelsea lose to a Villa side who can win some games, then we can win at Sp**s I think. Now that would be sweet :) (might need clarification though)

Evil Dragon

Good Result, if either side took their chances they could have won. Wiltord and Reyes looking good, Lehmann looked reliable and it helped the toon get closer to that fourth spot, which I would prefer them to have than Liverpool.

Alexone234

I was thinking that I would prefer the Toon to get forth rather than Poop.

I then remember that they have a team of nasty pikey chavs, re:Belamy, Dyer, Bowyer and the list goes on.

Mind you, I would like to see Owen leave Liverpool at the end of the season and go to Real (or Arsenal???). This will only happen if the scousers fail to hit forth.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
The Henry/Reyes partnership isn't gelling, which is the only worry

I think we are expecting them to gel instantly, it can take a lot of time before we see them gel, they have played together for 3 or so months, add to that Reyes is still settling in. I saw some decent interplay between them but overall there wasn't much service to the frontmen today, most our attacks came from counter attacks and both contributed well I thought. Still a lot more to come from this partnership though.

Also how uncomfortable did Pires look on the right!

KingReyes

Established Member
Thught that it was a good committed performance. The defense was outstanding today. Had good chances to win the game but still satisfied with the result. Well done..32 games unbeaten. A few days rest and Leeds on Friday.

Come on Arsenal!!!

Alexone234

I mean 32 games. Holy crap that is a level of top football that is rarely seen anywhere.

Talk about grit. Not all of these games have been a walk in the park and we have so fought for everything we have.

At the end of the season, everyone would have earned their bonus this season.

Well done lads.

mood

Well, we can't win every game + Newcastle are a quality side and we're playing them in St. James Park. It's very good that Chelsea managed a draw yesterday. We blew off golden opportunities but we only need to win 4 games to win the league. Probably less depending on Chelsea & Man Utd's performances.

mood

Forgot to mention 1 thing.

I'm very impressed with Wiltord, he performed VERY well for someone who hasn't played in about 5 months. Well done.

Mark

Established Member
The toughest games are out of the way. I would've been very happy with 4/6 points from our last 2 league games. We just need 4 more wins. I hope we win our next 4 games rather than leave it late. Chelsea and the mancs will probably drop points too so we should do it soon.

Alexone234

In two games time United cannot win the EPL. They know their season is over in the league.

They will want to beat Chelsea at OT though.

Four wins, all in a row, close the season off, be crowned champions, win the last two games, set the record for most points, set the record for winning the season unbeaten, go to the pub. Thats my April/May agenda.

A

Anonymous

positives:

1. lehman payed really well. his handling was good
2. did not lose
3. wiltord did ok , but need match practise

negatives:
1. reyes and henry partnership not working
2. these chances we missed cried for a fox in the post
3. our fox in the box is back- jeffers :mrgreen:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

manure will want to beat Chelsea to clinch second place; third has to play off for next seasons CL unless I'm mistaken.

Also, home wins against Leeds, Brum & Leicester & an away win at Portsmouth will win it ; we can even afford to lose at Spuds & Fulham. This also assumes Chel$ki & Manure win every game which they won't/can't (as they have to play each other!).

So today will look, at the end of the season, like a damn good result.

It also gives us a great chance at going all season unbeaten.

Alexone234

It would be great is we win four on the bounce and wipe the hopes of Chelsea away.

we should stop over analysing the Henry/Reyes partnership. It takes time for things to start working. I thought they looked a little better than last match together. I don;t think we should be worrying about it at all.

There were only positives today. Newcastle could have pipped us to a goal at times which would have been frustrating.

A season long unbeaten run will never be repeated so I hope we make it.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think people are expecting thrashings everytime Henry and Reyes play together. These things take time and from wot I have seen its been good.

Legend#1

Established Member
KingReyes said:
I think people are expecting thrashings everytime Henry and Reyes play together. These things take time and from wot I have seen its been good.

Agree 100%

Stim

I thought the Reyes and Henry partnership was alright today, not as bad as past games, probably because Henry actually passed to him on occassions and Jose did the same.

Well worked point, we never usually get any more than that up there anyway.

bobbypires

Established Member
Arsenal could win. We missed 3 great chances. It's a pitty, but we're still unbeaten. Reyes was great and Henry too. We will enjoy their link up next season. Wiltord made a decent return and Lehmann's performance was OK. Campbell was amazing and Shearer couldn't do anything.

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann was impressive today, he made a superb save and collected all the crosses.

Let´s hope that his blunder against Chelsea leads to him being rock solid for the rest of the EPL games ahead.

Top Bottom