PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

What is you predicted result?

1. Arsenal win

81.9%
  2. Draw

10.4%
  3. Newcastle win

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Stupidity personified. He’s not a CAM, and will look like a headless chicken when used as one.

Considering our desperate need for his attributes in the heart of midfield, it makes zero sense to me.

2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

You Armenian? :lol:

ASIF, Gooner416 and Aevi like this.
  3. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Same ffs.

Will have to wait a few hours for this.

4. Enz__

Enz__ Anti Antique Abuse

First game of the season, away game up north, cold and raining, missing 7 starters. Ended up with a 1-0 win, looked comfortable at the back, no injuries, provided some needed minutes to new signings.

This is likely to be the worst side we field this season and Newcastle did **** all against it. Honestly i'm very pleased with todays game all things considered. Not to mention we get rid of that "Arsenal haven't kept an away clean sheet yada yada" nonsense early on and can build some form of defensive confidence from this.

Newcastle however are ****ed.

5. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

As far as the first game of the season goes, it wasn't overly ****ty. Good result in the end, especially with this patchwork team. It was a mistake to loan out Chambers last season, Fulham's ****ty defence didn't do him any good. If he spent that time here, he would have saved us from that abomination Mustafi.

Mkhitaryan should play no further part in our premier league campaign, he is well and truly done for. Just like Sanchez at utd, no point playing him in hope because of his past glories at Dortmund. Pepe should start the next game ahead of him and Saka should be on the bench instead.

6. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Yeah it’ll be tough for him. When everyone’s fit I don’t see him playing much, yet he’ll need games to adapt.

Furious likes this.
  7. morpho

morpho #ArtetaOut = Permanent Ban

I'll take a scrappy win any day. Glad I was wrong in my prediction. Looks comfortable, but not more than that. Guess the sparkling will come as the players get fitter. Great assist from AMN!

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

We started 3 academy products in the opener. Its just insane.

Look. 35 M for Iwobi. This is huge value there! But even more if these players make it with us!

So glad with that!

Rygura, lufere7, Gooner416 and 5 others like this.
  9. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

Not writing him off. Just saying I've not seen anything that so many are raving about from the preseason.

10. emilursin

emilursin Well-Known Member

No, they do the whole show in english with some norwegian

11. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Not many good performances, but we still got the win. Was nice to see the defence being pretty comfortable too..

12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Imagine saying Ceballos won't start we bought him to replace ramsey who was key player for us last season of course he'll start!

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Emery confirm holding will play another u23 game. And Hector will back next month

14. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Our defence was solid even if I had kittens every time our box was attacked. In front of them, Emery still has to find the right combination of players. It seems a lot weren't played in their favoured position or asked to do a job. Credit to the players who got the job done but Emery has to give them more licence to play to their strengths as the season goes on. I think this will come as players get fitter but it was nice to see us digging in and managing a game especially near the corner at the end :)

15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Good result players are obviously rusty. Dani and Pepe need to get used to the league and speed of it. Our starting lineup was nowhere near our 1st 11. We won and along with a clean sheet is a great start. Roll on Burnley!! Can the Debbies please go and moan elsewhere.

Mo Britain and ArsenalLunatic like this.
  16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

He isn't even naming Mustafi anymore :D

Jack Le, ashlyn, skummm and 10 others like this.
  17. Gunner140

Gunner140 Active Member

Tight but deserved win.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Emery knows Im watching. I must be the most talked about in Arsenal office!

Dj_sds - and Ricardinho like this.
  19. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

I’m proud of Willock and AMN. They did well enough in a road season-opening win. Not spectacular overall, but AMN’s assist and Auba’s finish were beautiful. Chambers deserves lots of praise as well. Huge performance for him.

Imagine this attack when our first choice fullbacks are ready:drool:

20. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

Loved seeing us keeping the ball in the corners at the end by the way. Great stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.