• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We started very poorly. Like we were still in pre season. Yet we managed a clean sheet with a back pairing thats never played a competitive game together; throw in a starting XI thats never played a competitive game together.

Playing poorly, winning with a clean sheet, fantastic.
The first 10-15 minutes we were very good I felt. Then Newcastle had a strong spell for a good part of the first half.

Anyhow, we won and a clean sheet with a newish squad. Good result!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Xhaka guendouzi is a bad pairing, both of them have to play with a different type of player next to them or we will continue to see the same issues.. Not to mention they are both so slow-footed they’d be overrun by any good athletic midfield defensively.

EBwK3PHX4AEx99Z

Midfield is basically irrelevant, fullbacks are the ones progressing our play forward.. Hopefully when we get to see our strongest line up that would change.
Don’t understand Emery’s obsession with creating chances strictly through the fullbacks/wingbacks like this. It’s so predictable and it leaves you vulnerable on the counter. And from a viewers perspective it’s awfully tedious watching the players move the ball in U shape like others have mentioned for 90 mins.

I guess the good thing about playing like this is that you’re less reliant on creative midfielders and the chances you create (although very few) are usually good quality chances.

Hopefully we see more variety in attack this season with the new additions to the squad and less games like this where we completely ignore the middle of the park for creating chances. Not sure I can take another season of this dull football, especially at home where we should be more fun to watch.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not sure I can take another season of this dull football, especially at home where we should be more fun to watch.
This is where I am. I want to be entertained. That is why I watch this sport. At the moment I am not feeling very entertained.. May leave the sport as a result.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka guendouzi is a bad pairing, both of them have to play with a different type of player next to them or we will continue to see the same issues.. Not to mention they are both so slow-footed they’d be overrun by any good athletic midfield defensively.

EBwK3PHX4AEx99Z

Midfield is basically irrelevant, fullbacks are the ones progressing our play forward.. Hopefully when we get to see our strongest line up that would change.
So many thick lines coming into Xhaka and Doozy but barely anything coming out, does it mean they lost the ball that much?

Another insane takeaway is that Chambers didn’t pass to Doozy once! Makes you think that Doozy’s positioning in terms of receiving the ball should be a lot better than it is.

Lastly, Sokratis being our most progressive ball carrier is hilariously bad. You can see what Luiz will add to this team.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I agree. The game was quite boring and a double pivot of Xhaka + Guendouzi doesn't allow for exciting build-up through the middle.

Last season I was awfully bored for most games. However, we have added some exciting new players and I hope Emery will be able to put on more entertaining football this season. I will give him some time to integrate the new players. At least the result was very good against Newcastle, but the opponent was also quite toothless/poor.

I personally hope he goes for a single pivot midfield for most games

Willock / Guen - Ceballos / Özil
Torreira​

Can alternate personnel based on the opposition / gameplan. That should allow us to rely less on the wingbacks in the build-up.

The continuous horizontal passing between defenders, lack of directness and tempo has annoyed me for years about Dutch football / the Dutch national team. They are finally playing with some more directness / forward passing (mostly due to the integration of de Jong and de Ligt in my opinion). Don't want to see Arsenal play this dull style of football now that the Dutch team has finally moved on. We have to quality in the squad now to play very exciting football.

Jae

This is where I am. I want to be entertained. That is why I watch this sport. At the moment I am not feeling very entertained.. May leave the sport as a result.

Depends on what you'd rather prioritise mate, I wouldn't want to see it every game but if it works then it works. United were masters of playing like this in the late 90's and they spanked everyone.

We're in bit of a difficult position really. Arguably our results are more important than our performances this year.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Depends on what you'd rather prioritise mate, I wouldn't want to see it every game but if it works then it works. United were masters of playing like this in the late 90's and they spanked everyone.

We're in bit of a difficult position really. Arguably our results are more important than our performances this year.
True, and I have to admit, I was relieved with an away win and a clean sheet as well.

Reactions: Jae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom