• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

The FA conspicuous by the absence of any comment regarding Pochettino's comments on diving says it all. Gary Lineker saying "it's cheating", is also contradictory as he has defended many a player in the past. That Jose Chelsea title winning year Hazard won PFA player of the year he was diving all over the place, getting, pens, free kicks and getting players sent off, where was Lineker then, makes a mockery of that respective reward.

Does Pochettino think that going in studs up, a la Dele Alli also is a form of trickery, because I have always seen it as a cowardly act to intentionally attempt to take some one out of a game.

I was always under the assumption that Alli was born a ****, but turns out Pochettino may have perverted an impressionable yoot, that should in itself be a criminal offense.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
DVTDZONXUAEhcoz.jpg
What happened @MaraDon...?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

For most teams the squad cost and market value of the teams on transfermarkt are not vastly different. Our squad cost is £416m and our market value is £443m.

Sp**s have squad cost of £361m but their market value is estimated at £635m. ;)
635M? Thats more than that whole ****ing club is worth.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When did that enter your vocabulary? You've changed, man. It used to be all about squad cost! :lol:

Besides, who's to say the market value increase of certain players is not the result of Poch's god-like player development skills?!?

But seriously speaking, I for example consider Poch to be better tactical manager than Wenger but not necessarily better manager overall. There's lot more to managing a football team than organizing the defense. Conte is a good example of that.
Blame @bingobob, he started it. ;)

Most people think every manager's a better tactical manager than Wenger, but they're struggling as to why Conte hasn't beaten Wenger in the last 6 games? :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Squad cost is not an excuse for ineptness!! Anyway hope we are up for this!!
Never was, just gives perspective.

But you'll still get bozo's saying that the lower spending clubs 'lack ambition' because they don't have Sheikh Mansour showering them with gifts, or a certain manager is sh*t because Pep's €900m squad put 4 past his €300m squad.:mad:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wonder if Adam Crafton's going to do a piece about how none of the Arsenal players would get in the Sp**s side?

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Blame @bingobob, he started it. ;)

Most people think every manager's a better tactical manager than Wenger, but they're struggling as to why Conte hasn't beaten Wenger in the last 6 games? :lol:

I don't believe that most people think like that. Fair amount probably do but not nearly most. There are still lot of tactically awful managers out there. But Conte is certainly not one of them. He's a very good tactician but not that great at other stuff. Imo he's a much better tactician than Mourinho who in turn has better record against Wenger so for me head-to-head records between managers tell very little about their overall tactical abilities. Maybe something about how effective certain tactical approaches are against others but nothing about their overall tacticianship.

StatLad

Understand the logic behind that but still can't help but feel it won't make one iota of difference to the very selective FA.

Arséne should ramp up the pressure in his pre match conference by taking immense offence to Poch's comments and saying that he feels Dele Alli and Kane are more protected because they are home grown talents and vital cogs in the English national team.
For sure he read this post...any other wisdom to impart to him?

Ewarwoowar

Here is Poch clarifying what he meant, a dilution if you will-

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-says-football-is-about-trickery-not-cheating

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has clarified his comments on diving ahead of the north London derby this weekend.

Pochettino was criticised when he implied after Sp**s midfielder Dele Alli was booked for simulation at Anfield on Sunday that diving was "a minimal issue" and that "football is about trying to trick your opponent".

The comments caused a stir but Pochettino says he was not seeking to condone diving, and pointed out that, in his opinion, he was a victim of it on one notable occasion when he was playing for Argentina.

"I am honest, always," said the Sp**s boss. "And I gave you what I think, I feel.

"In 2002 my vision about English football - you [the media] laugh, because you know what I will say - I didn't touch Michael Owen [at the World Cup] and he dived.

"It's true that in that moment I didn't know English, I didn't talk English and I didn't hear the comments [following Owen's fall].

"But today we are so sensitive about details and sometimes it is difficult for me, because when you are honest and you try to explain the things - and my language is not English - it is hard to be right in my words.

"I don't like it when people twist my words, always my intention is to keep the sense of football That is why I said a few days ago that I love football, because football for me means to be creative.

"Don't feel the limits to try to - not cheat - but trick the opponent in a good way. That is how I feel about football. I am not going to change, that is my opinion."

Ewarwoowar

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...english-players-are-the-new-masters-of-diving

Arsène Wenger says English players are the new 'masters of diving'

By Matthew Treadwell

The Gunners boss insisted he would never ask his players to dive in the penalty area and voiced his opinion that home-grown players are now as culpable as diving as foreign players.

"I think he wanted to say that tricking your opponent, you have to be clever," Wenger said of Pochettino's comments on diving.
"How far was it an apology for diving? I'm not sure. I don't think he would.

"I think you have to get rid of diving out of the game. I remember there were tremendous cases here when it was foreign players who did it.

"But the English players have learned very quickly and are maybe the masters now."

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
till Reus can play 20+ games a season he is worthless
Didnt he get a bad injury last season and played alot before that?

Either way there are more examples of this. Site is a joke and not to be taken serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom