• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

6gunner

This game will be interesting from a tactical point of view on a couple levels. One, it is going to be very similar to the Cup game we will play at Wembley against City. For us, it will likely be a trial run for the tactics that Pep is likely to employ. If we cope with them well, perhaps Pep will second guess them, if we don’t, perhaps it will give Wenger some ideas for that game.

As to the tactics? I fully expect them to press Xhaka all over the pitch. When teams back off and give him time, like Everton, he can spray the ball around and get our attack ticking. When teams stay in his grill he turns the ball over and it puts us in some difficult situations. Moreover, by pressing us in the center of the pitch, it forces us to play out wide where we don’t have a dribbler who can consistently beat a defender 1v1.

This is where I think Mhiki and Iwobi really can help us in the 4-2-3-1. Both are very good at link up play and can provide an outlet for Monreal or Hector to play quick passes back inside. If Özil drifts to the ball we can nullify the press by overloading the flank and looking for Auba or Ramsey making a run.

My adjustment would be to play Jack in the holing role to break up thier counter attacks and to use his turning/dribbling skills to provide another option for breaking the press.

Can’t wait for the game. COYG!

Longy

---------cech---------
bell--mus-kosc--mon
--xhaka-elnany-jack--
------Özil----mikhi-----
----------auba----------

ramsey on for elnenny if we're chasing game

Chambers, Kola, Ramsey, Iwobi, Lacazette, Wellbeck

FinnGooner

Established Member
With Alli, Son, Kane and Lamela doing a national diving competition in our box, it'll be nearly impossible to win. They'll get at least two pens. Draw is a maximum result here, loss is far more likely.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mkith did great last game but Jack hasnt done bad to warranted being dropped

Ramsey, Xhaka, Jack
Özil
Laca Auba

halfvolley

Auba is going to love this. You can tell he's not the type to choke on a big occasion, rather he's the type of personality that lives for them. Think he'll get a brace.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
So their fixtures are
07.02 - the FA Cup
10.02 - Arsenal
13.02 - Juventus

Interesting, will they be able to play the same team vs us & Juve?

DennisTheLegend

I’d be tempted to play 3 at the back vs Sp**s, worked very well in our 2-0 win at the Emirates...also I’m not sure how we will cope with a 4 vs their attack. Thoughts??

—————-Cech———-
—kosch—-Mustafi—Monreal

—Bellerin—————- Kolashinic

———Rambo——Wilshere——

————Özil———Mhiki———

——————Auba——————-

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
So their fixtures are
07.02 - the FA Cup
10.02 - Arsenal
13.02 - Juventus

If the Juve game was before ours I'd be running my hands. They have to go for broke against us, top four is their only chance of CL next year. Lose to us and they will be seven points off the pace with 11 to play.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So their fixtures are
07.02 - the FA Cup
10.02 - Arsenal
13.02 - Juventus

Dammit, I really should have looked at that before putting money on hem drawing against Juve. Silly bet now

HBL

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - -Cech - - - - - - - - - -
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-Nacho
- - - - - - - - Xhaka - - - - - - - - - -
Ramsey- - - - Wilshere
Özil- - - - Auba - - - - - Mkhi

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haven’t got much hope due to our away form, but a win here really would be massive.

New signings, Özil and right back in the race for the top four. Would be a lot of positivity around the club for the remainder of the season and the EL.

Wryer

They are 100% going with Dembele and Wanyama in the center to dominate us. With us in crap defensive form, let's just for broke and see who can score more goals.

Any 5
Mhki-Wilshere-Ramsey-Özil
Laca- Auba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom