• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

Clear lack of quality wide players at this club.

Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

These are the only guys who are comfortable playing on the wing. Welbeck needs to go, Iwobi has the grace of youth, so it would be silly to let him go. Clear investment needed in the summer.

OSBK

Established Member
Watched the highlights again and wish I hadnt. Neny was bullied yesterday,he is nowhere near the standard needes for our first team. Kos was shocking, mustafi had a poor start but turned it around but kos has lost the plot. We were lucky first half, kane missed a sitter and son had the freedom of the rb position.

Wenger tactically got it wrong but 4 key players yesterday were shocking. Cech, so so so lucky to get away with conceding 1 goal. Kos, was all over the place and another who was lucky not to cost us more. Neny, bullied and pulled out of tackles and he struggled to pass the ball forward. Auba, I know he has just joined but the whole game till laca came on he stayed central. Auba has to go wide and make more run, look at vardy against city and they couldnt handle him.

Watching mhky and Özil they had no runners and were on opposites wings, those guys need runners and to be close together.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

These are the only guys who are comfortable playing on the wing. Welbeck needs to go, Iwobi has the grace of youth, so it would be silly to let him go. Clear investment needed in the summer.

Wenger never plays actual wingers, it's always number 10's and strikers in wide positions. Even these 3 players' best position is in the middle.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's the issue with Wenger and his staff right now.
They've just spent £55M on a very good striker whereas we were badly in need for midfielders.

We're wasting our ressources by not adressing the main issue for the last few seasons: our midfield.

IMO we need to release either Ramsey or Wilshere because they're too injury prone and we can't rely on them.
As much as I rate Ramsey it has been a running gag for the last few years. When he comes back from injury he needs a few weeks to build his confidence and sharpness back. Then he plays 2 or 3 great games and gets injured again.

I know it's not a popular opinion here but we can't build a team around these 2 players.
Good post. But don't forget Mkhi and PEA didn't cost us a penny this year, we made a profit from selling players that had no future here.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Watched the highlights again and wish I hadnt. Neny was bullied yesterday,he is nowhere near the standard needes for our first team. Kos was shocking, mustafi had a poor start but turned it around but kos has lost the plot. We were lucky first half, kane missed a sitter and son had the freedom of the rb position.

Wenger tactically got it wrong but 4 key players yesterday were shocking. Cech, so so so lucky to get away with conceding 1 goal. Kos, was all over the place and another who was lucky not to cost us more. Neny, bullied and pulled out of tackles and he struggled to pass the ball forward. Auba, I know he has just joined but the whole game till laca came on he stayed central. Auba has to go wide and make more run, look at vardy against city and they couldnt handle him.

Watching mhky and Özil they had no runners and were on opposites wings, those guys need runners and to be close together.
Agree with much of that, especially Elneny, who struggled with the physicality of that game, unlike Jack.

But Bellerin did a good job on Son and blocked just about everything he tried to do.

In the first half, Kane missed a good chance but PEA was in on goal, and was stopped by poor officiating. Thought the first half was very even.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
£95.50 most expensvie individual tickets in prem

Push that to £350 if you are silver or red member and you use ticket exchange to purchase a club level ticket for an individual cat A game. (Although clearly you are some kind of billionaire if you are able to do this)

Don’t even get me started on the price of Balti Pies at the Emirates.

Not feeling Arsenal “limited finances” talk on the ground at fan base level. Sorry.

Man City at home in the prem still not sold out BTW

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Good post. But don't forget Mkhi and PEA didn't cost us a penny this year, we made a profit from selling players that had no future here.

True.
As I've already said not bringing in good midfielders for the last 2 or 3 seasons might be Wenger biggest failure recently.

We can't play Wengerball, we can't create chances, we can't defend efficiently without a solid midfield.

If you look at the best team in Europe they all have great midfielders that play 90% of the games.
We don't have those players.
Ramsey & Wilshere are quality but they have fitness issues.
Xhaka so far is disappointing but **** happens. At least we've tried to bring a very good midfielder. But I don't think he has a future under Wenger or the Premier League. I might be wrong though.

We really need to go big this summer to bring at least 2 very good midfielders who don't have fitness issues. To build a solid partnership.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don’t even get me started on the price of Balti Pies at the Emirates.
Most expensive pie is at Chelsea £4.80. They're only Pukka pies as well ffs. £2.50 at a supermarket. Think they're £3.90 at the Emirates.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Crying about pies ffs

You’re there for 2 hours you don’t need a pie

You’re not going down a coal mine all day
Went to an outdoor wedding at Christmas in a giant marquee. 9oclock at night they brought out a 100 warm Pukka pies. ****ing life saver :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Went to an outdoor wedding at Christmas in a giant marquee. 9oclock at night they brought out a 100 warm Pukka pies. ****ing life saver :lol:

Now weddings. They’re a different story. Feels like being stuck at the peak of Mount Everest and your provisions ran out half way up

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Couldn't believe what I was watching yesterday, I thought our approach was very poor and we were very sloppy in terms of trying to be a threat on the counter attack because we gave the ball away too cheaply. We also sat off Sp**s too much and made it easy for them to dominate. It should have been more than 1-0.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Assuming that is levelled at me it actually isn't the formation we played, Özil and Mkhitaryan clearly played very wide and not tucked in.

GdumU19.png

Also the midfield is different apart from Wilshere, not sure why the need for name-calling either, my post wasn't even intended for you (I have no idea who you are) it was a reply to someone else's post.
Interestingly ,it was when Özil did come inside that the ball went wide to the space he had vacated. From there,Xhaka might have done on the second and the fact that Kos got his body position wrong and didn't jump cost us a soft goal. I watched MOTD and even Danny Murphy said we did a lot correctly in the lead up to the goal. It suggests the formation was right but the players lacked "something"-yet again.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Interestingly ,it was when Özil did come inside that the ball went wide to the space he had vacated. From there,Xhaka might have done on the second and the fact that Kos got his body position wrong and didn't jump cost us a soft goal. I watched MOTD and even Danny Murphy said we did a lot correctly in the lead up to the goal. It suggests the formation was right but the players lacked "something"-yet again.

I don't think the formation matters a great deal at present, our team lacks power, pace, technical ability, organisation, concentration and the majority of them don't like defending.
No formation is going to compensate for all of that, of course one may help slightly more than another but generally...

We had a team go unbeaten for 49 games and the players admitted Wenger didn't really bother with tactics just told them to go out and play, I don't think Wenger likes the tactical side of management, you imagine on FM or Fifa he would just leave everything on default.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't think Wenger likes the tactical side of management,
Don't even think its the players overall that lack something. We suffer under poor game management, poor defensive setup etc. It's all on Wenger in my view. Yes, some players are too average: Elnany, Iwobi, Welback etc. but the overall team if pretty solid. I do not think we lost yesterday because our team is much worse than Tottenham's. We are just coached worse, set up worse and game managed worse.

PS. Damn, I had told myself I needed to stay positive going forward. One game and I am back again complaining and moaning. :(

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Mkhitaryan
Iwobi
Welbeck

We have no senior wide players. Mkht and Iwobi are more playmakers, they will always drift central. I'm still not certain that Welbeck is even a footballer.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think the formation matters a great deal at present, our team lacks power, pace, technical ability, organisation, concentration and the majority of them don't like defending.
No formation is going to compensate for all of that, of course one may help slightly more than another but generally...

We had a team go unbeaten for 49 games and the players admitted Wenger didn't really bother with tactics just told them to go out and play, I don't think Wenger likes the tactical side of management, you imagine on FM or Fifa he would just leave everything on default.
Agree with the first part especially. The Invincibles were a combined freak of nature really. Wenger's biggest task is failing to properly manage the least intelligent group of players he's had.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I find it interesting that many were saying that we should've attacked more.

However if you look back our result away to liverpool (who very similar to Sp**s) we got torn apart. I think Wenger's tactics were pretty much spot on considering our away form.

The difference was Kane. That header was world class, he leapt as high as the cross bar.

our team is really good on paper. but we're missing one thing! the F'ing CM- boss, more than CBs. Sell Xhaka ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom