• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, Nov. 18 @ 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I never said Ledley controlled a midfield by himself. Ledley AND Allen do an awful lot of work to allow Ramsey to play the way he enjoys. Its Allen to whom control mostly falls.When Allen went off injured in that match,Ramsey had to curb his style. Wales failed from that moment and for once the fans weren't fooled. Incidentally, Hoddle was talking about Alli and said he's not the type to control a midfield and he needs to keep the ball better if he wants to move to a top club. The same is true of Ramsey tbh.
In any case, I'm glad I made you laugh :)

Except we weren't fooled though? The truth is Allen is one of the only midfielders we have apart from Ramsey who's Premier League standard.

Ramsey and Bale have carried our side for almost two years. The disparancy between them and the rest of our players is huge.

Incidentally we were exposed last summer when Ramsey missed the Portugal game. This notion that he runs around doing what he wants is ridiculous. He links defence to attack and is or chief creative option as well as getting involved in all phases of play.

Expecting Ramsey to carry our side singlehandedly to the World Cup is ignoring the wider context.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Except we weren't fooled though? The truth is Allen is one of the only midfielders we have apart from Ramsey who's Premier League standard.

Ramsey and Bale have carried our side for almost two years. The disparancy between them and the rest of our players is huge.

Incidentally we were exposed last summer when Ramsey missed the Portugal game. This notion that he runs around doing what he wants is ridiculous. He links defence to attack and is or chief creative option as well as getting involved in all phases of play.

Expecting Ramsey to carry our side singlehandedly to the World Cup is ignoring the wider context.
Fair enough as you know more about Wales than I do. I felt when Allen went off,you lost any control of midfield and consequently the match itself. Your first 11 functions well as a unit but it's after that where you lack quality. Players like Allen do under rated work and have their qualities dismissed and it was the first time I'd seen Wales fans be a little "toxic" in their criticism of Ramsey. Anyway, I wouldn't expect Ramsey to carry Wales singlehandedly. I just feels he gets a lot of leeway.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. And didn't Ramsey get slaughtered by the Wales fans when WC qualification went wrong? What nobody seemed to realise is that Joe Allen and Joe Ledley run the MF and make him look half good. Sensible Sp**s fans I know don't rate Alli and want to cash in while they can. Nous and technique can't be faked.
I think Ramsey will be alright on the Wales team as him and Bale are the only ones who bring genuine quality to that side, beggars can't be choosers and what not.

I can see why Sp**s fans may not rate Alli but they need to have a word, 19 goals from midfield as a 20 year old is not something you should sniff at. I see your point though, he limits the team tactically as you still need an orthodox number 10 to play with him because he can't create as well as a more defensive midfielder because he can't really defend either.

Goonerozil33

Something is seriously wrong when you look at the total number of fouls for and against Arsenal vs total yellow cards for and against in the last 2 matches. 26 fouls vs 31, 10 yellow cards vs 2. It is staggering to see Arsenal getting penalised way more than other teams. I am not implying bias, but there is too much of assumptions and pre-conceived notions when refs deal with Arsenal which is created partially by media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom