PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Nov 28, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 1, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

67.6%
  2. Draw

7.6%
  3. Norwich Win

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

I think we’re going for a more conservative approach, given the turnaround time for Freddie. The defence looks like something Per drew up, and Willock worked well for Freddie. We can’t just draw up a new plan in a week and expect the players to execute properly. Baby steps, but hopefully players playing with fire in their belly, that’s the most important ingredient today.

Vinci likes this.
  2. Martin Harvey

Martin Harvey Member

Individually they're terrifying, together it beggars belief.

Rex Banter likes this.
  3. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Tierney better operating at 50% than Kolasinac at 100% offensively and defensively

4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Yeah. Sokratis has been awful this season, and at least Mustafi is good with the ball.

5. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Has a honeymoon period ever ended before a ball has ever been kicked ever before, ever?

6. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Really thought Freddie would pick Joe in the middle, instead of both Gonzo and Xhaka...hate using a diamond in England too, especially one with four pure CMs who aren’t comfortable at all out wide...thought at least one of Pepe/Gabby/Nelson/Saka would start, yet we get none...possibly the worst line up on paper I have seen this year, way to kill the enthusiasm out Freddie :lol:

Still love you though!

7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

He’s going to yell at the officials the entire time, get thrown out, and delegate responsibilities to Mertesacker.

bingobob likes this.
  8. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd On Loan To Bayern, No Option To Buy

Awful line up. Jesus. was buzzing for today as well. 442 diamond does not work.

9. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Pukki hasn’t scored awhile so Charity FC will surely gift him one. I think we’ll need to score three to win. Our front three can do it but can we get them the ball often enough, not so sure. Mustafi back makes me uncomfortable.

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Before you all judge let's see how the team will preform and if we going to be more solid

11. Justin1986

Justin1986 Active Member

Which makes it all the more baffling as to why emery started him against Frankfurt

12. fc honka

fc honka Active Member

The team does not look great but as we seem to be playing four at the back, that should be positive. We have tried with wingers earlier, hopefully this 442 will create a dominance in midfield.

Pepe is a mystery :(

13. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

That lineup... yuck

14. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

Chambers, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac...what a terrible back four. With Holding and Bellerin out, I suppose there's not much choice. We really need new defenders.

15. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Finally Sokratis is benched, terrible player..

16. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

That defence is big thrash.

17. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

This is absolutely hilarious :lol:

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think it's clear that we won't see our strongest front 4 in many games don't think managers would like to put auba out wide

19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Pepe can still be a big asset of the bench.

He was pretty dire starting for Ivory Coast last break not getting going against worst teams than Norwich. Not just bad here.

20. jvw

jvw Active Member

I have no problem with Mustafi starting, no one else has covered themselves in glory in that position this season so there's no good options.

Very dissapointed to see Pepe not start though. He just needs confidence in my eyes - the new manager starting him straight away would have helped with that. Also still not sure what Xhaka adds when Guendouzi is playing. I'd just leave him out and sell him in January.

Raicore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.