• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
I’m really sad about Pepe it’s not going to go well is it :(
He has everything - pace, strength, ball control - I'm sure he can still make it. I remember Adebayor with similar capabilities (worse ball control though), he came alive in his 3rd season and suddenly scored 30 goals. Pepe just needs confidence in his decision-making.

Deki

Mustafi+Chambers instead of Sokratis+Holding, then i'd agree.
Sokratis and Holding has been shocking this season.

Been burned by Mustafi too many times and just dont rate Chambers. I think Sokratis and Holding with some good coaching can be OK until better is brought in.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Mustafi redemption arc continues

Stage:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AM true to form . . 'terrible lineup'. That's because we have few stand out players ffs. The guy can't win.

No manager will out add value until this squad is fixed.

CJJ

Established Member
Gave this lineup some thought and i actually think its good, even though its not the one i wanted to see.
He's obviously planning to play a narrow diamond and create overloads in our midfield which in theory should free up Özil to find the pockets of space where he can do his thing.
Additionally, he can always change one of the midfielders for Pepe and revert to a 4-2-3-1 as a backup plan without issues, so it gives some flexibility.

Iceman10

Established Member
A caretaker manager and all three of Mustafi, Xhaka, and Özil start. Arguably three players the club needs to move on to advance into a new era. I don't think Mustafi back in is sustainable based on vulnerabilities still visible in EL matches, but will see. Anyway, if it doesn't work out it will only accelerate urgency for a new permanent manager.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Sokratis needed benching and apparently Mustafi is the only truly fit option? Is that how this could be explained? Bellerin and Holding with fitness issues presumably?

Kola over Tierny is an interesting one. Maybe to bring in a bit more physicality?

Never a fan of Xhaka but I’ll see what he does here.

At least it’s a back four..

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
So our best defender since Sol thinks he can teach dumb and dumber to defend. I guess we will be a compact bloc which rarely steps out atb. Only might see Mustafi step out for a tackle and Chambers cover him. Willock more of a protection for Koala on the left.

Not holding my breath, but could see a resemblance of a structure at the expense of being outplayed on the ball and chasing the ball for large periods.

Depends on our realisation and how ****e Norwich defend our counter attacks. Just like Emery's last 12 months here

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Freddie in bed last night . . Mustafi or Sokratis . . Mustafi or Sokratis . . Mustafi or Sokratis

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

A Kola injury and a loss and today is perfect!

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom