• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LG10

So.... People have started to get onto Freddie's back now. Seems like the same old culprits too. There is alot of work to do with this squad. It is severely unbalanced. Our midfield cannot tackle and are bypassed way too easily. We lack aggression defensively on the whole. So many areas beed addressing starting with midfield and defence. We didn't lose but really do need to be more aggressive without the ball.
Barely anyone has had a go at him and everyone has acknowledged our defence and midfield was a huge issue.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

heard we looked much more threatening going forward.
That's a bit of a stretch. We looked better going forward than in defence. Especially the first 15 minutes were good and we were on the front foot. Then we conceded a really cheap goal thanks to very poor defending and then we were rattled to be honest.

Overall a performance that wasn't good. Team will need time to get on right keel. Hopefully we will somehow find some defensive solidity somehow. Not sure how but one can only hope.

Our only chance to get anywhere is to be good in attack as we will ship goals like there is no tomorrow.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We lack pace in midfield and in defence and we lack bravery in possession. Guendouzi and Xhaka do the same thing. statistically Auba made 11 forward passes with half the amount of passes Guendouzi and Xhaka had. They managed 18 and 19 respectively. It tells you we go backwards and sideways far to often.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's almost 2020 and Xhaka and Mustafi are still the spine of the team. What else can you say?

We're lucky we're not further down the table. The 2015 and 2016 summer windows destroyed everything this club built up until that point.

Summer 2015 and 2016 in gif form...

X4QlJ1.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would agree. Want to see him and Holding start together.

Leno
Bellerin Holding Chambers Tierney
Torreira

The rest needs to be figured out but I’d like to see how well that selection defends if tactically set up properly.

Chambers best peformances have all come from RB this seaso so I would keep playing there.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Luiz gets alot of abuse but he is our best CB atm. One who can play a good forward pass when other players are scratching their heads. Mustafi makes bramble look like laporte

I disagree with that. Sideshow Bob ****ing has us dropping like 10m deeper. I'm convinced it's because of him.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Watching the game, I think everyone has to give Ljungberg a chance, he can't be expected to turn the ship around in 2 days, I'll admit though, it was a strange lineup & certainly not one I would have gone for & we should have brought on Martinelli earlier & Pepe on before Saka. Our midfield is a major issue aswell, on the counter our defenders just lay back & let them shoot for some reason, almost as though they are afraid.

On the positives, at least Ljungberg has also stated our issues in his first press conference we have & going to work on them, (transition, defensive). He is one of the 1st guys that have come out & said that for us I think. I thought I was also pretty impressed in our attack starting off, for a while we were the dominating team in the 1st half but we certainly should have scored more then just the penalty. Norwich dominated in the last 30 but I'd say that was probably because we were a little tired by then. MOTM for us certainly has to be Leno, if it wasn't for him we could have lost 4/5-2. I saw him get fired up at a few of our defenders after one of his saves.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Gotta laugh at the fans for getting into meltdown because Freddie didn't win his first game 2 days after his appointment, thinking he's not ready for the job.

The only conclusion we can get out of that game is that the team is indeed ****tier than we hoped it would be and it's definetely not all on Emery.

Ljungberg could pretty much only change the atmosphere before the game and he definetely did so, but it does neither make our team balanced enough nor gives our players the individual quality to turn it around.

Only way any coach can be judged is after at least a few months and to be honest, after having had a full pre-season.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought we were less afraid to attack and it looked promising as a result. We suck defensively and therefore we must play to our strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom