• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

weelip

so how did Hoyte do? I know he gave away a penalty. But surely that is his only blemish of the match? sorry i fail to catch the match so can someone help with this? Really exicited to know how he do.

kronik

Well besides giving away the dubious penalty, Hoyte had a good game to say it was his Premiership debut. Huckerby went down very easily and was barely even touched. Feel sorry for Hoyte because he didnt deserve that. But the team came through in the end after withstanding a bit of pressure from Norwich the the second half.

Good to see Henry & Bergkamp go up to Hoyte at the end, hug him, pat him on his back and congratulate him on a good match that he had. ;D

Sol man

The second half was appaling only because we put our foot off the pedal. Lauren had a bad game (Huckerby made him look silly at times) and Gilberto had a poor second half(just like most of the team). I think hoyte did well today and showed that he can be counted on if needed, he is no Sol but if given more chances he can develop into a really good player. I am not sure the pen was actually a pen I think the ref just gave it to them to make up for some poor decisions against Norwich. Overall well done on another win.

Arsenal316

Hoyte played as well as you could expect from any person making his debut (Even more interesting, he started and finished the game @ CB). It wasn't a jaw-dropping performance, but I think it was a good enough performance that gives Wenger some confidence that he can play him there if needed.

Remember, when Toure first started playing CB, there were skeptics. But he ultimately proved them all wrong. Hoyte can possibly, and hopefully, will do the same.

weelip

kronik said:
Well besides giving away the dubious penalty, Hoyte had a good game to say it was his Premiership debut. Huckerby went down very easily and was barely even touched. Feel sorry for Hoyte because he didnt deserve that. But the team came through in the end after withstanding a bit of pressure from Norwich the the second half.

Good to see Henry & Bergkamp go up to Hoyte at the end, hug him, pat him on his back and congratulate him on a good match that he had. ;D

Thanks for that. :D really relieved to hear he did not disappoint

kNiteMare

Sigun said:
anybody watching the match think that arsenal were frsutrating to watch for the final 25mins? (apart from the masters goal)

nobody made anyruns, nobody.!!

When you are 2 goals up, why waste energy in pushing for a bigger lead? It's good enough for me.

DOls

We kind of looked heavy-legged during the whole game.
Maybe we are not used to yet to play 2 games a week. ;D

weelip

DOls said:
We kind of looked heavy-legged during the whole game.
Maybe we are not used to yet to play 2 games a week. ;D

Hmmmm, maybe it is more due the fact that it is the beginning of the season and some of the lads had not gotten full fitness yet. I think we will improve on that as the season progress.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Hoyte had a decent game with the exception of the penalty, he should never have dived in there. Lauren had an absolute stinker, Huckerby made him look like a pub player on several occasions and he should have been sent off TWICE (professional foul, then a second bookable offense later on). The defence was fairly sloppy and poorly organised in general, Sol was badly needed today.

On the plus, the attacking players were outstanding. Henry was toying with Norwich, Pires and Reyes excelled too. Fabregas had another good game, while Edu looked good when he came on. Bergkamp's goal was a superb finish.

Given the performance, 4-1 is an excellent result away to a difficult team.

huyha123

hoyte to become good defender. i think need to be more calm. he a little bit like Edu. always like someone gonna choke him.

he good in the air, strong. timely tackle. the penalty is harsh. Hoyte did touch the ball. and Huckerby just like fall down no matter any touch or not.

the second half is painful to watch. though i happy with result.

Mark

Established Member
I've been very happy with Lauren in recent matches, but he lost the ball so much today which is disappointing. Then again, pretty much the whole team were a bit sloppy in the second half. Hoyte did well though. Interesting that Wenger picks him ahead of Senderos.

Top Bottom