• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Gunner Ossie

kNiteMare said:
When you are 2 goals up, why waste energy in pushing for a bigger lead? It's good enough for me.

what a stupid thing to say, if you want to know just how stupid ask bobby robson

orion

Another comfortable victory, all though we some what took off the steam in the second half. You could say the usual suspects on the score board. Was nice to see Hoyte in the line up, he got him self in trouble a few times, but it's still very much a learning curve for him, so we shouldn't be too harsh on him. Have to say that Reyes just adds another dimension to our game, we now have another smooth operator in the opposition half besides Henry and it gives the likes of Pires a lot more room to manouver in. Well done lads!

Henry IV

Another goal for Bergkamp. I'm sure he's having the time of his life. 44 league games unbeaten. A great result.

Arsenal316

Lauren had an off-day. He should have been given a red card....on two separate occasions. How he didn't get one, I'll never understand. But I think he'll put this performance behind him and continue to be his usual productive self.

Gooner_Milton

Bergy and Pires. Arsenal super subs?

To be honest I thought the game would end at 3-1. Bergy's super strike was a pleasant surprise.

I'm happy to see Reyes and Henry linking up well. Cesc had a fantastic game yet again. Defenders were suspect though. Lauren had a horrible game, hopefully he'll prick himself up and move on.

juz7_pi12es

AFrican_Gunner said:
Yes another 3 points,glad to see Reyes scorin' again.
afchighfives_g332.jpg

& pires!!!

Canuck

Established Member
Another win, and another goal for Bergkamp ;D
Thought that the team did well in the first half. Good to see Hoyte and eventually Clichy get some game time. Some dodgy defending, and a couple of really bad challenges from Lauren got me worried. But they managed to pull it off. (I said 4-1 yesterday, low and behold 4-1)
The Gunners def. let up in the second half and let Norwich get back into the game.

I think this game (along with their last two as well) say a lot about Norwich City. They're going to give the bottom half of the table trouble!
(maybe if Bentley was playing they would have had more of a killer instinct in and around the box.)

Gooner_Milton

Hmm my only concern is that with so much quality on the bench, I'm not sure when we'll gonna see the likes of Van Persie. Would very much like to see him have a run out sooner or later. Or Pennant for that matter. I know he had a decent game against Blackburn but it'll be great to see more of him.

juz7_pi12es

juz7_pi12es said:
why didn't we play senderos instead of hoyte at centre back today?
or, why not include senderos in the sub?
we played with just 4 subs right? (almunia, clichy, edu, bergkamp)

ouh
There was also a late change with Pascal Cygan straining his calf in the warm-up so Justin Hoyte stepped up from the bench - Link
but why we played with 4 subs?

Ossi

JH played well enough for his first start. He still has lots to improve but i cant see a reason why he couldt. In that sense penalty against Justin could work for him - shows that as a CB you just have to concentrate, concentrate, concentrate...

Ossi

Gooner_Milton

Could it be a ruling issue? It was a rather late decision after all (replacing Cygan with Hoyte). Might there be some kind of EPL rule that forbids late substitute replacements? I mean the lineup is submited and all that. Somebody enlighten me please.

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, comfortable win. Amazing first half, the boys relaxed after the break. Internationals this week :evil: Hope nothing wrong happen to our players.

Immense Titi, great to see Reyes, Pires and Bergie scoring again. I loved 2nd and 4th goal. Typical Arsenal.
We watched a combative Freddie, fighting every ball.
Lauren started very well again, but his overall performance wasn't as good as I expected. Lehmann didn't have much work, but he made 2 good saves.
Toure and Fábregas had a quiet game. Cole was lively. Edu and Clichy didn't have time.
Gilberto, great again doing the dirty work. And finally Hoyte. Well, I don't wanna judge a player for only one game, but I'll say my thoughts. Two times he had to do something, he did it wrong. The penalty was evitable and in the first half, when the referee could send off Lauren (I think the yellow card was correct), he wasn't in his place. But he's young a has time to improve. And I'm sure he'll do.

juz7_pi12es

From soccernet:

As a result of Pascal Cygan's late withdrawal from the named Arsenal side, the injury believed to have happened during the warm-up, teenager Justin Hoyte came into the backline, and boss Arsène Wenger elected to play with a four-man bench.

Top Bottom