• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

ethanen

Lehmann- 8.5 - improved alot since last season.
Lauren - 5 - Huckerby mopped the floor with him, nutmeged too.
Hoyte - 6.5 - apart from the penalty did everything right.
Toure - 7.5 - no problems there.
Cole - 7.5 - supported the attack all the time.
Ljungberg - 7 - good assists but not really up to it.
Gilberto - 6 - can't really tackle and some bad passing.
Fabregas - 7 - played well. maybe ran out of air in the end.
Pires - 7.5 - it's just Pires!
Reyes - 8 - energetic and dangerous
Henry - 9 - Henry's on fire, Henry's on fire.

Bergkamp - always great to see him, no matter for how long.
Edu - looked fit. good passing.
Clichy - ehmmmm... runs fast?

JazzG

Established Member
Good to see us win. Unfortunately only caught the last 10mins of the match :(

How did Hoyte play? Thought the penalty was a tad harsh against him, good dive though.

Canuck

Established Member
Hoyte did pretty well considering he was thrown in at the last minute. Some people are being very hard on him, but I thought that the fact Norwich's only goal came from a penalty said something. Our defending was pretty patchy for much of the second half. But they got the job done in the end. Hoyte had a couple good clearances from the box where his positioning was very good. He just needs more time to work on things. And the experience of playing with Sol will help alot.

Canuck

Established Member
I have to give Nigel and Norwich some credit too. They had us on the ropes for a couple of stints. Strung some good passes together, and had some excellent runs into the box to. With good displays against Arsenal and ManU, and the astounding 2 goal comback against Newcastle, I think that they have good cause to be optimistic.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Canuck said:
I have to give Nigel and Norwich some credit too. They had us on the ropes for a couple of stints. Strung some good passes together, and had some excellent runs into the box to. With good displays against Arsenal and ManU, and the astounding 2 goal comback against Newcastle, I think that they have good cause to be optimistic.

I agree. In Green, Safri, Bentley and Huckerby they have four very good players. They have a good chance of staying up in my opinion.

Canuck

Established Member
The best out of the 3 promoted teams. They have some very experienced defenders too. Older guys with less pace, but very experienced! Well organized. Was it Carleton or Charlton (whatever) who denied us some nice shots in the box.

Wenger picked the right team to loan out Bentley to. Norwich seem to have a very good attitude throughout the whole team. Good work ethic.

kronik

bobbypires said:
Well, I don't wanna judge a player for only one game, but I'll say my thoughts. Two times he had to do something, he did it wrong. The penalty was evitable and in the first half, when the referee could send off Lauren (I think the yellow card was correct), he wasn't in his place. But he's young a has time to improve. And I'm sure he'll do.

Well Arsenal had just had a corner, the centre backs go forward and the full backs stay back, Hoyte cant be blamed for not being there.

JGooner

Reyes is becoming our new poacher. I worried that Henry and Reyes were both so creative and deep-lying that neither one would be available in the penalty area to actually finish off chances, but it looks like they have sorted that out.

Bergkamp's goal was class.

Pol

I was there but i had to sit in the bloomin Norwich stand.
I coudnt cheer wear me top or nethin,all i could do was sit and listen to a guy behind me riping the sh*t out of us.And to be honest half the things he said he didnt even no wot he was on about.The only insult that made ne sense was that he said "Edu get ur hair cut".And i thoght to myself have u seen ur hair,lol :lol:
A few others were also saying "Who r ya" to Pires,and i mean if ur gonna say that, u use a more amatuer player to say it to,not Pires for goodness sake :x !But i spose because arsenal are so good we have no amateur players,hah,rite back at em.
It was so hard trying to contain mysef.It was like i was there but wasnt if u get me? :?

Mark

Established Member
Reyes has scored some good poachers' goals. His goal against the Mancs in the CS, his header against Everton, his goal against Blackburn and his goal today are the kind of goals we've really been looking for. Pires also scores poachers' goals. His goal today was a good example. Good pressure by Freddie to set it up.

JazzG

Established Member
Yeah good to see Reyes really attacking the 6 yard box because it costs us so many goals not doing that, so many times the ball flashes accross the area with no one there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom