• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Canuck

Established Member
The first time he wears the captains band, and he did great. No pressure there! If anyone had a sub-par performance (and I use the term loosely), I think it was Pires (sorry all of you Bobby fans) He looked a bit tame today in front of the net.

A

Anonymous

The first time he wears the captains band, and he did great. No pressure there! If anyone had a sub-par performance (and I use the term loosely), I think it was Pires (sorry all of you Bobby fans) He looked a bit tame today in front of the net.
Well if he can be tame and be under par and still score then im happy :lol:

Canuck

Established Member
Yes, but he could have scored 2 or maybe 3! If Pires and Freddie had put chances away, and Jens hadn't had a couple quick saves the game could have easily ended 6-3!

I'm not saying anyone played horribly, because no one did. Everyone played very well. But there is always room for improvement.

Sammer

Established Member
Isragooner said:
it looks like freddie has ran out of ideas...he always seem stuck in that right-wing..

You know, I thought the same. He had a few good touches and worked hard, but especially in the 1st half, when we played brilliant, fast attacking combinations he seems to lack vision and ability.

Still he is valuable as his workrate is always right, but when you campare Huckerby´s attacks on the left e.g., Freddie could not pull it off.

Gurgen

Established Member
What a goal by Bergkamp by the way, he stood there like he was thinking: "Right, let's bury this ball into the net".

First time I've seen him bordering on arrogant, I'm loving it ;D

bobbypires

Established Member
Nowich 1-4 Arsenal: Spanish press report

*Reyes teaches Arsenal how to dance.

*Henry and Reyes are Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, nobody can follow them.

*They compare Arsenal with Cassius Clay: dance like a butterfly and bite like a wasp.

*Yesterday, literally, it was as if a wolf was eating a nest of canaries.

Step by step they're giving more recognition to Reyes. And their words about Cesc are unbelievable.

Jinn

Established Member
And this is the newspaper we believed when they said Vieira had already signed for Madrid. :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
Let´s not get carried away with Cesc. The worst thing that can happen to a 17 year old is over-hyping.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half Wenger needed to take him off. Cesc is great and a potential future superstar. But he still needs time to develop, time to make mistakes...and Wenger is the man to do it.

KingReyes

Established Member
Another good performance yesterday. As expected we tok the foot off the pedal in the second half and the got back in the game. But you could see we could have taken it up a few gears if needed.

I think Hoyte did well, considering it was his first game and wasn't expected to be in the first 11. He can only get better with games and I think he makes a better RB. Lauren had an absolute shocker. Great going foward as always, but caught out for pace time after time against Hukcerby. Great game by Jens aswell, pulled off some good saves. Reyes was class again and is becoming a real goal poacher. Overall..good stuff from the boys.

Pol

^yea i know wot u mean, but for a 17 year old, how cud we not get carried away. I think he is absolutly superb,and if he is like that now imagine wot he will be like in a few years time :shock: !
and of coarse he is a cutie :eek:ops: .

A

Anonymous

Yeah another brilliant performance blah blah blah and all the rest of it.

But our defence is all over the bloody place. If we play a decent team playing like we are we will concede goals, and lots of them.

Lauren had a mare yesterday. I think the red card incident unsettled him, and he never really recovered for the rest of the game. But still Huckerby ripped him apart which is not a good sign.
Im also worried about Kolo. He looks half the player he did last year, but his pace and power still is able to get him out of trouble. Hoyte did ok, and didnt give me a heart attack as Cygan does every time he goes near the ball.

As a unit I think we are just not defending. We look very dis organised. Cesc showed second half that he is infact a 17 year old. Looked lost at times without the ball.

I thought Freddie had a bad game aswell yesterday. His attempts at trying to take on other teams fullbacks are pure comedy. Head down, silly step over and head for the corner. Good assist though.

Sammer

Established Member
Sol said:
Yeah another brilliant performance blah blah blah and all the rest of it.

But our defence is all over the bloody place. If we play a decent team playing like we are we will concede goals, and lots of them.

Lauren had a mare yesterday. I think the red card incident unsettled him, and he never really recovered for the rest of the game. But still Huckerby ripped him apart which is not a good sign.
Im also worried about Kolo. He looks half the player he did last year, but his pace and power still is able to get him out of trouble. Hoyte did ok, and didnt give me a heart attack as Cygan does every time he goes near the ball.

As a unit I think we are just not defending. We look very dis organised. Cesc showed second half that he is infact a 17 year old. Looked lost at times without the ball.

I thought Freddie had a bad game aswell yesterday. His attempts at trying to take on other teams fullbacks are pure comedy. Head down, silly step over and head for the corner. Good assist though.

Well said, SOL. But remember that we are missing the two key figures in our defense - Sol and Paddy, so basically we are going to have to live with a swiss-cheese defense until they are back.
Lets just hope we keep on scoring like we do - because we WILL conced goals until the two masterminds of our defensive play are back.

Freddie looked indeed uninspired and not capable of pulling anything (besides the great assist) off. Your description hits the spot.

nnaife

The defence really has to focus, wenger should really have sought to aquire another decent centreback during this transfer window because we very vunerable when Sol's missing. Hopeful we can remain in contention for all major competitions until the purchasing window.

kazu

Sammer said:
Let´s not get carried away with Cesc. The worst thing that can happen to a 17 year old is over-hyping.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half Wenger needed to take him off. Cesc is great and a potential future superstar. But he still needs time to develop, time to make mistakes...and Wenger is the man to do it.

if it was based on performance, i feel that gilberto should be the one subbed instead... was giving away the ball too easily during norwich's strong spell in the second half... :roll:

Latest posts

Top Bottom