• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Canuck

Established Member
Ok, I didn't realize there was a league wide rule now. I thought it was through arrangements that clubs made between one another prior to loan deals. Thanks for clueing me in Jens...

juz7_pi12es

Canuck said:
Will Bentley score against Arsenal?
Out of the 3 newly promoted teams, I think that Norwich has the best chance of avoiding the drop. Though I don't know all that much about them...still they shouldn't give Arsenal too much trouble.
he won't play due to the new law i suppose

Soler

Established Member
There was, but the FA have changed the rules starting this season. To be honest i think it's a load of rubbish that any loan player should be barred from playing against his club - some managers like Wenger use it to their advantage ala Pennant last season.

Canuck

Established Member
Other than being cup tied, I think that a player should be able to play in every match they can. Too many damn rules...

gooner

Norwich V Arsenal

Before I start my preview on the Norwich game I would like to reflect my views on the Blackburn game. In the first half Blackburn put us under some pressure, but Lehmann had a good match by making some important saves. Blackburn frustrated for the first half, butin the past when teams use to try and frustrate Arsenal it use to work, but the way Arsenal are playing at the moment is that even when teams come with a negative attitude which is just to defend and try to get a couple on the break, Arsenal are still able to cut through these defences. I thought Fabrages was AMAZING! I know that has been said a lot but this guy is da bomb. He doesn’t get nervous at all, and plays some beautiful passes. Their was a real buzz about him in the whole stadium from a lot of the Arsenal fans. Anyway, we scored three nice goals, and it must be said, that I love when Henry is so unselfish, and puts it on a plate for other players like Reyes for the third goal.

So we broke the record and we got a lot of plaudits, but it’s time for the Arsenal to get their heads out of cloud nine, coz Norwich will give us a tough match. I have watched all of their first three matches, they are a very hard working side, and do not look fazed by the premier league at all. Against Crystal Palace they were unlucky after Johnson scored a goal for palace out of the blue. Against UTD, they were unlucky not to get a draw. Bentley’s shot was amazing which hit the bar unfortunately. They were 2 – 0 down yet they still pressured UTD and made it 2 – 1. They really pressured UTD once it was 2 – 1, but unfortunately they could not grab a point. Against Newcastle they were 2 – 0 down at St James Park, but they showed great spirit to come back and make it 2 – 2 with Bentley scoring a good goal although Given should have saved it.

Bentley will unfortunately not be able to play against Arsenal as it would have been his chance to show Arsène Wenger what he can do first hand, because of the new rules.

Below is a list of who I think are Norwich’s key men:

Huckerby – Key Man 1
Svennson – Key Man 2
Helveg + Doherty – Key Men 3
Green – Key Man 4

Below is the team I would put out for this match:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Cesc Gilberto Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

I know a lot of Arsenal fans will think this is an easy match but Arsenal will have to work for the three points, and they will have to be focused, and hopefully the gunners will prevail with all three points.

going to lock this as we aready got a thread on Norwich
Saturday
and transfered onto this thread which I did not do(my computer mucks up on doing transfers from one post to another)

skart14

I think real madrid would want the spanish laliga to adopt this new rule.... :lol: :lol:

3-0 TO THE UNBEATEN ARSENAL
4_1_206.gif

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sol said:
Anyone on here going?

Hopefully it will be as good as the Everton game which was quality. Great atmosphere.

Should be a good game, but Norwich is a bastard to get to. s**t kick off time aswell.

I will be there, and Im very excited .
I think that it will not be a very exciting game after all not all games can be.
I wonder if the game will be high scoring.

sanyasi

well if there was one player whom i wouldnt take too badly for ending our run, its bentley. it would be a wonderful statement to the world that the only type of player who could finally beat arsenal was an arsenal player :mrgreen:

unfortunately fa wouldnt allow it :(

kanuuu

Established Member
I think Reyes should start upfront alongside Henry, he was brought here to play in that position and their partnership needs to develop.

killshot

Guns and Arses said:
Henry IV said:
I'm glad he's not playing. Could you imagine if we lost and he scored the winning goal?
I'll puke instantly..

I think Wenger should start Flamini against Norwich, we haven't seen much of him yet.

It would be nice to see him from start but I don't think AW will change the team.
Does anyone know whats happened to Persie, I would like to see him play, haven't seen him yet.

Mark

Established Member
Well we might as well turn this into a predictions thread. I predict we will see this lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pires Gilberto Cesc Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

Subs: 1. Almunia 2. Ljungberg 3. Clichy 4. Flamini 5. Hoyte

I've put Pires on the right, but I don't think he will stay there, he will move around as he always does, as will Reyes. I think we will win 4-1. Henry, Pires and Reyes twice for us, Huckerby for them.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
3-0.

I like your team, but is there not talk of Vieira being back for this one?

Ah... I see after the international break.

KingReyes

Established Member
I can see Bergkamp starting this one once again with TH14, would like to get another look at Pennant but probably off the bench. Freddy on the right with Pires or Reyes on the left.

A clean sheet will once again be important to increase confidence within the back four.

i predict a 3-0 win.

Spike

Established Member
Mark said:
Well we might as well turn this into a predictions thread. I predict we will see this lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pires Gilberto Cesc Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

Subs: 1. Almunia 2. Ljungberg 3. Clichy 4. Flamini 5. Hoyte

I've put Pires on the right, but I don't think he will stay there, he will move around as he always does, as will Reyes. I think we will win 4-1. Henry, Pires and Reyes twice for us, Huckerby for them.

Do we really need 2 defenders as subs? Seeing as Wenger doesn't like to break up the back 4 partnership. :p

Mark

Established Member
I was thinking Clichy could be on their as a midfielder, but RvP may be back so he will probably be ahead of Clichy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom