PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by jacc_7_1, Aug 26, 2004.

1. jasonlohkh

jasonlohkh New Member

Reyes and TH14 upfront.Edu will probably play.Mayb as a sub to gilberto.

2. Ridge

Ridge New Member

I dont really want Bergkamp to start again. I know his done well, but since we have Reyes, why not rest him.

3. n_henry

n_henry New Member

I'd like to see Bergy rested too. I want Reyes and Henry up front - we haven't really seen that yet this season.

I just want another clean sheet.

I predict 2-0. Pires and Freddie. :D

4. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Re: Edu and Vieira

Edu will probably be on the bench but Vieira will be back after the international break.

5. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

I'm thinking the sae team as you but with Edu on the bench instead of one of the defenders.

6. jacc_7_1

jacc_7_1 New Member

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Flamini Gilberto Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

This could be the first eleven.. considering that wenger might give a starting berth to pennant and a first start to flamini.. he wouldnt want to overtire cesc early in the season

Subs: Almunia Ljunberg Pires Edu Clichy

my prediction will be 3-1 to us
    henry,reyes and pennant

7. Guns and Arses

Guns and Arses New Member

My team will be:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Flamini Gilberto Pires

Reyes Henry

Flamini should be given a start to show how good he can be. Pires should start after playing 2 matches as a sub. Ljungberg should start ahead of Pennant after being rested in mid week.

I hope to see a clean sheet in this match. Imo it will be 0-1 or 1-2.

8. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

I'm thinking it will be 3-0 or 3-1. It would be nice to see Pires start, but maybe not Flamini. It could be a pretty physical match.

9. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Starting Flamini would be a good idea. He needs to start playing so that if it turns out he has to fill in for someone injured in midfield against Man Utd or Chelski, he won't be totally out of place. I don't think Wenger will make too many changes to a winning team though.

10. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

wenger on youth

very promising words on both flamini and rvp. i fancy them to both be involved tomorrow. i think wenger wanted to give rvp a home debut against boro, but the scoreline at the time didnt allow it.

11. arsenal99

arsenal99 New Member

Have fun at norwich its a nice place as i go there alot as its only 1 hours drive and i see my nan,But the town is small.

12. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

This game might not be as easy as it looks on paper but we should come away wit the three points. I'm relieved Bentley isn't playing. He's started the season superbly and will become a big player for us for years to come in my opinion.

This is the team I think Wenger will go with:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Subs: Almunia, Hoyte, Flamini, van Persie, Bergkamp

13. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Norwich 0-4 Arsenal

14. kanuuu

kanuuu New Member

0-3 Reyes 2, Toure

15. quattro

quattro Active Member

we should keep a clean sheet at the least. i'd assume that this will still be a priority after the horror of going 3-1 down at home. that said, i dont expect a draw.

come on you arsenal!

16. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

I'm going to say it'll end 4-1 for us...we might slip one goal. But their die-hard defending may keep us from really running up a score.

17. efurze

efurze New Member

Usual Defense
    Pennant Gilberto Cesc Pires
    Henry Reyes

Subs: Almunia, RVP, Edu, Hoyte, Freddie

RVP->Pennant and Edu->Cesc to come in on 65. Henry to captain.

Gotta give Dennis a rest - 3 games in 6 days too much for 35-year-old legs.

18. beanz

beanz New Member Elite

It could well be a tight game, but I think a 2 goal margin would be good (for my blood pressure at least)
    Hope we keep another clean sheet. the line up will be the usual suspects, but maybe Dennis will start on the bench for a wee rest :mrgreen:

19. Aussie

Aussie New Member Elite

Really i cant see this game giving us to many problems. However we all know that anything can happen, look at what wolves did to united last season. Give Dennis a rest as well. Try to give Bobby a full game as well.

Arsenal 4-1

Reyes x2
    Henry 1
    Pires 1

Norwich

Who gives a ****e

20. Pepe LeFrits

Pepe LeFrits New Member Elite

I'd be surprised if Edu doesn't start.