• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich vs Arsenal | 28/08/04

Ridge

I dont really want Bergkamp to start again. I know his done well, but since we have Reyes, why not rest him.

n_henry

I'd like to see Bergy rested too. I want Reyes and Henry up front - we haven't really seen that yet this season.

I just want another clean sheet.

I predict 2-0. Pires and Freddie. :D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Edu and Vieira

AFC FOR LIFE said:
Edu and Vieira should both be back for Norwich :?:
Edu will probably be on the bench but Vieira will be back after the international break.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
Well we might as well turn this into a predictions thread. I predict we will see this lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pires Gilberto Cesc Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

Subs: 1. Almunia 2. Ljungberg 3. Clichy 4. Flamini 5. Hoyte

I've put Pires on the right, but I don't think he will stay there, he will move around as he always does, as will Reyes. I think we will win 4-1. Henry, Pires and Reyes twice for us, Huckerby for them.
I'm thinking the sae team as you but with Edu on the bench instead of one of the defenders.

jacc_7_1

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Flamini Gilberto Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

This could be the first eleven.. considering that wenger might give a starting berth to pennant and a first start to flamini.. he wouldnt want to overtire cesc early in the season

Subs: Almunia Ljunberg Pires Edu Clichy

my prediction will be 3-1 to us
henry,reyes and pennant

Guns and Arses

My team will be:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Flamini Gilberto Pires

Reyes Henry

Flamini should be given a start to show how good he can be. Pires should start after playing 2 matches as a sub. Ljungberg should start ahead of Pennant after being rested in mid week.

I hope to see a clean sheet in this match. Imo it will be 0-1 or 1-2.

Canuck

Established Member
I'm thinking it will be 3-0 or 3-1. It would be nice to see Pires start, but maybe not Flamini. It could be a pretty physical match.

Mark

Established Member
Starting Flamini would be a good idea. He needs to start playing so that if it turns out he has to fill in for someone injured in midfield against Man Utd or Chelski, he won't be totally out of place. I don't think Wenger will make too many changes to a winning team though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
wenger on youth

very promising words on both flamini and rvp. i fancy them to both be involved tomorrow. i think wenger wanted to give rvp a home debut against boro, but the scoreline at the time didnt allow it.

arsenal99

Natnat said:
Sol said:
Anyone on here going?

Hopefully it will be as good as the Everton game which was quality. Great atmosphere.

Should be a good game, but Norwich is a bastard to get to. s**t kick off time aswell.

I will be there, and Im very excited .
I think that it will not be a very exciting game after all not all games can be.
I wonder if the game will be high scoring.

Have fun at norwich its a nice place as i go there alot as its only 1 hours drive and i see my nan,But the town is small.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This game might not be as easy as it looks on paper but we should come away wit the three points. I'm relieved Bentley isn't playing. He's started the season superbly and will become a big player for us for years to come in my opinion.

This is the team I think Wenger will go with:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Subs: Almunia, Hoyte, Flamini, van Persie, Bergkamp

quattro

we should keep a clean sheet at the least. i'd assume that this will still be a priority after the horror of going 3-1 down at home. that said, i dont expect a draw.

come on you arsenal!

Canuck

Established Member
I'm going to say it'll end 4-1 for us...we might slip one goal. But their die-hard defending may keep us from really running up a score.

efurze

Usual Defense
Pennant Gilberto Cesc Pires
Henry Reyes

Subs: Almunia, RVP, Edu, Hoyte, Freddie

RVP->Pennant and Edu->Cesc to come in on 65. Henry to captain.

Gotta give Dennis a rest - 3 games in 6 days too much for 35-year-old legs.

beanz

It could well be a tight game, but I think a 2 goal margin would be good (for my blood pressure at least)
Hope we keep another clean sheet. the line up will be the usual suspects, but maybe Dennis will start on the bench for a wee rest :mrgreen:

Aussie

Established Member
Really i cant see this game giving us to many problems. However we all know that anything can happen, look at what wolves did to united last season. Give Dennis a rest as well. Try to give Bobby a full game as well.

Arsenal 4-1

Reyes x2
Henry 1
Pires 1

Norwich

Who gives a ****e

Top Bottom