• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United v Arsenal | Sunday, April 11 | KO: 19:02 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,096
  • Views 40,088

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He's like Per's regen, or something...he looks like he is a walking disaster, but actually always plays well :lol:

Wish one of him or Gabriel were right footed.
This, I like Mari for his calmness & Gabriel because he is more of a front foot defender. I really wish one of them was right footed also so they could play together.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
🤣That’s awful. Nightmares of Paddy ‘the fish’ Kenny master classes in goal when we had the bestest team we’ve ever seen!

They were at least the first ever league win we had at The Emirates...our best number 10 of the Emirates era, Lil' Billy Gallas with a cracker that day :drool:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
All game I was thinking "hmm interesting how Xhaka's really dropping into the LB spot from midfield" and it turns out he was just straight up playing at LB :lol:

EyuFD2tWEAQW_sj

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just noticed last season we only had 14 wins would be nice if we beaten that not mean much because we really messed up by losing more games than last season already.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Weird saying this after a comfortable 0-3 win but does anyone else feel like this team is constantly trying to work out whether to go for it or not?

It’s like they’re always making sure they don’t get too carried away. I lost count of the number of times we won the ball in their half and played it back into our own.

Make no mistake that Sheff Utd team is firmly in the top 2/3 worst sides of the PL era so I was annoyed to see us bringing on Willian and Elneny rather than Nelson or Azeez.

Great win though. Thought Laca, Chambers and Mari were excellent.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Weird saying this after a comfortable 0-3 win but does anyone else feel like this team is constantly trying to work out whether to go for it or not?

It’s like they’re always making sure they don’t get too carried away. I lost count of the number of times we won the ball in their half and played it back into our half
Tbh it’s a bit of a hallmark of Mikel’s management and it is annoying, particularly when we don’t win. Can’t really say much more than that. Yeah, we sometimes look like we should be running teams over but we end up keeping it civil.

Iceman10

Established Member
Great win though. Thought Laca, Chambers and Mari were excellent.

There was a bit of a pile-on on Mari live in this match thread for a period of 5-10 mins, but I didn’t visually see what there was so much to fret about. I think we were particularly solid aerially, in no small part thanks to Mari although I think Holding stepped up with that also, but I’m unsure whether heading has been Holding’s weakness or if it has been more to do with ball watching on occasion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That sponsor on Sheffield United's kit makes them look proper Brexit :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They're what's known in Gulf countries as Luqaymat. Fried dumplings coated in date molasses. Some people actually do stuff them with custard/cheesecake filling & the like. I believe they're already rich enough as is without the need to be too extravagant :lol:
Looks quite similar to Lokma from the Turkey/Greece/Egypt region 😍 little nuggets of joy.

Joestlaachmkr

Overall a great performance yesterday, even though Sheffield Utd is by far the worst team in the league this season.

Laca was excellent.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Watched the game and think this setup worked well, especially as Sheffield Utd. really doesn't carry much offensive threat. Think Xhaka as LB worked. We really need a left footed player there and credit to Xhaka, he played fine in that position despite his lack of pace.

With Ceballos a bit higher up when we attack around the box we have another player who can combine in small spaces. His flick to the first goal was quality.

I wouldn't mind playing the same lineup on Thursday. Hope Saka is fit again. Looks like he got a hit on the thigh the way they iced the front side. Wouldn't like Willian to start to be honest.

bergholt

All game I was thinking "hmm interesting how Xhaka's really dropping into the LB spot from midfield" and it turns out he was just straight up playing at LB :lol:

EyuFD2tWEAQW_sj

If only Elneny and Willian's names were a bit smaller I could forget they even played

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Looks quite similar to Lokma from the Turkey/Greece/Egypt region 😍 little nuggets of joy.

Pretty much :drool: They're all closely influenced by each other & the slight variance in the names is a dead giveaway that it's the same addictive sweet which is too good for anyone to monopolize :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom