• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | 30/12/06

go49oner

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
IS anything going to be done about Morgan by the FA or are they just going to sweep it under the rug ?

Breaking new: The **** has been charged by the FA. Serves him right. F*cking thug

bazza_afc

He had every right to go down especially as the awful refs in this country will rarely give a free-kick or pen nless the victim of the foul goes to ground. However, as for the 'punch', at worst it would make you double over, don't try and defend the un-defendable.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
It was a punch, not a heavyweight one but a jab.

Go to your mummies or daddies and ask them to jab you in the ribs from behind when you're not expecting it then come back here and still say he went down too easily.

Ignoring the fact of course that by going down he's only trying to draw attention to it.

No player needs to get punched on the football field unprovoked.

It's riddiculous.

What Morgan did was wrong.

Van Persie did look at Morgan and a few moments later he went down to get Morgan sent off. Unlike RvP tbh i reckon a year ago Robin would have gave Morgan an Elbow back. Its a good change though i would prefer him to exaggerate then react.

choi12911

Jimbo14 said:
DC Gunner said:
kaids said:
DC Gunner said:
You mean getting punched in the stomach when the ref is not looking is now an acceptable part of football ?
The only way Robin was 'punched' is if you're one of those types who thinks that Keown 'assaulted' Van Nistelrooy and Defoe 'mauled' Mascherano.

Van Persie regularly dives and feigns injury at the slightest contact, as he did against Sheffield. He deserves to get slated for it, but he's the golden boy around here at the moment so that won't happen.
I reckon you either did not see the PUNCH AWAY FROM THE BALL or you don't like RVP :lol:

There wasn't a punch IMO, a touch. and he's down like a sack of s**t.
I quite like RVP as player, but not when he behaves in a way where he tries to purposly get other players booked or sent off, its called cheating i believe.

Search for 'Van Persie Morgan' on Youtube. You will be able to review the whole incident. Then come back and call it cheating if you got guts.

Tony Montana

Established Member
choi12911 said:
Jimbo14 said:
DC Gunner said:
kaids said:
DC Gunner said:
You mean getting punched in the stomach when the ref is not looking is now an acceptable part of football ?
The only way Robin was 'punched' is if you're one of those types who thinks that Keown 'assaulted' Van Nistelrooy and Defoe 'mauled' Mascherano.

Van Persie regularly dives and feigns injury at the slightest contact, as he did against Sheffield. He deserves to get slated for it, but he's the golden boy around here at the moment so that won't happen.
I reckon you either did not see the PUNCH AWAY FROM THE BALL or you don't like RVP :lol:

There wasn't a punch IMO, a touch. and he's down like a sack of s**t.
I quite like RVP as player, but not when he behaves in a way where he tries to purposly get other players booked or sent off, its called cheating i believe.

Search for 'Van Persie Morgan' on Youtube. You will be able to review the whole incident. Then come back and call it cheating if you got guts.

It wasn't cheating. What Morgan did was wrong and he should have got sent off even though it wasn't a dangerous punch. If you can't raise your hand against a referee I fail to see how it is ok to punch a player.

Van Persie did go down easily though. I doubt it hurt that much but still....

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom