• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't expect massive surprises with the lineup.

We'll persist with Sokratis and Luiz I feel. I think their experience alone means it's unlikely one of them is dropped until they start really costing us. I mean I'm not that big on Sokratis at all but I don't think we're at the stage yet where Holding displaces him. Chambers will play RB tonight so him playing RCB is out of the question. Luiz is probably one of the first names on the team-sheet and rightfully so imo. Hopefully Tierney plays LB, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos will probably be the midfield, not exactly thrilled but it's alright. Pepe and Auba will definitely start question is whether we put Laca at CF or if we go with Saka, or maybe even Martinelli might be in with an outside chance, who knows I hope it's not the former. Laca will probably be in sooner rather than later much to the objections I have but I'm not a coach so hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

I get the feeling that Emery is really trying to establish his first XI now, and with Bellerin/Tierney back it'll become really apparent in the coming weeks with not many changes barring huge dips in form of certain individuals. Perhaps the City game is the only one in the near future you'd think he might change a bit because he might have plan to drop and stop City.

People want exciting lineups with plenty of youngsters involved which is fair enough, we've got some talented youngsters. However at this stage of the season if we're gonna really start to pick up results and put wins together then I feel like it's consistency more than anything else we're gonna need especially in the league. I think we'll go with players who Emery feels are at least somewhat dependable rather than unknowns who may or may not have the impact we all want them to have. For me Holding is one of them, people are building up Holding to be this brilliant CB based on quite little evidence. He had a small run in the team where we looked alright, I mean Mustafi played in most of those games too and didn't do much wrong prior to his injury vs Sp**s. If we're using that to say Holding should be a guaranteed starter then I gotta be honest I'm not convinced at all. He's shown very little in his Arsenal career so far that he should be a guaranteed starter. In fact I'd lean more toward Chambers out of the two but again that's not based on much he just seems like he'd be the more solid reliable option. Then you have Willock who's kinda been hit and miss a lot of the time, has shown plenty of promise but then there's been games he's played in where you think that he shouldn't be a starter in the PL at this stage and playing him in the EL and Carabao Cup is enough for the moment. Same with Nelson.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will be exciting to watch as play defensive football against mighty Sheffield United.
i think he'll start with Xhaka Guendouzi and Ceballos that's not defensive but if he started with Torreira Xhaka and Guendouzi then yeah we'll struggle to create.

Sanis

i think he'll start with Xhaka Guendouzi and Ceballos that's not defensive but if he started with Torreira Xhaka and Guendouzi then yeah we'll struggle to create.

We desperately lack creativity in the middle. Unfortunately Ceballos is not as good at creating, as i thought he would be. On the other hand, he's a CM, not AM.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We desperately lack creativity in the middle. Unfortunately Ceballos is not as good at creating, as i thought he would be. On the other hand, he's a CM, not AM.
yes sadly emery don't fancy our only creative mid so we have no other choices.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Leno
Chambers-Sokratis-Luiz-Tierney
Guendouzi-Xhaka-Ceballos
Pepe-Auba-Saka

Subs: 1. Laca->Saka/Pepe 2. Willock/Özil->Ceballos 3. Torreira->Xhaka

Not sure if the internationals affect starters, but this is monday game so I go with this prediction.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

What's our best midfield?
Two of Willock, Ceballos or Guendozi either side of Lucas.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This has all the makings for a match that will be decided attrition & which side buckles under pressure.

Any semblance of good football, mind you the term's relative here) that Emery intended to apply will not be served up later this evening.

I can't remember the last time we won a Monday night away match & will be pleasantly surprised if this turns out to be the case.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't expect massive surprises with the lineup.

We'll persist with Sokratis and Luiz I feel. I think their experience alone means it's unlikely one of them is dropped until they start really costing us. I mean I'm not that big on Sokratis at all but I don't think we're at the stage yet where Holding displaces him. Chambers will play RB tonight so him playing RCB is out of the question. Luiz is probably one of the first names on the team-sheet and rightfully so imo. Hopefully Tierney plays LB, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos will probably be the midfield, not exactly thrilled but it's alright. Pepe and Auba will definitely start question is whether we put Laca at CF or if we go with Saka, or maybe even Martinelli might be in with an outside chance, who knows I hope it's not the former. Laca will probably be in sooner rather than later much to the objections I have but I'm not a coach so hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

I get the feeling that Emery is really trying to establish his first XI now, and with Bellerin/Tierney back it'll become really apparent in the coming weeks with not many changes barring huge dips in form of certain individuals. Perhaps the City game is the only one in the near future you'd think he might change a bit because he might have plan to drop and stop City.

People want exciting lineups with plenty of youngsters involved which is fair enough, we've got some talented youngsters. However at this stage of the season if we're gonna really start to pick up results and put wins together then I feel like it's consistency more than anything else we're gonna need especially in the league. I think we'll go with players who Emery feels are at least somewhat dependable rather than unknowns who may or may not have the impact we all want them to have. For me Holding is one of them, people are building up Holding to be this brilliant CB based on quite little evidence. He had a small run in the team where we looked alright, I mean Mustafi played in most of those games too and didn't do much wrong prior to his injury vs Sp**s. If we're using that to say Holding should be a guaranteed starter then I gotta be honest I'm not convinced at all. He's shown very little in his Arsenal career so far that he should be a guaranteed starter. In fact I'd lean more toward Chambers out of the two but again that's not based on much he just seems like he'd be the more solid reliable option. Then you have Willock who's kinda been hit and miss a lot of the time, has shown plenty of promise but then there's been games he's played in where you think that he shouldn't be a starter in the PL at this stage and playing him in the EL and Carabao Cup is enough for the moment. Same with Nelson.

I think Holding has shown major promise when he’s played. In 16/17 he played really well in six of the last eight league games which we all won and kept three clean sheets, also was immense in the semi final then the final of the FA Cup that year.

17/18 was iffy but I felt Wenger shuffled him around too much after the Anfield week 3 battering and he was never going to get into rhythm.

Then last year he got into the first XI after week 6 when we went on the long unbeaten run and until his injury in week 15 he was an absolute rock.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that after his injury we lost just two weeks later and our form then started to tank. I think he’s really good and once he’s back to full strength Emery has to consider pairing him with Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom