• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Willock needs to play cm, I don’t care who he replaces.
Willock needs to be starting games until he at least drops performances. From what I have seen from him so far, he has the potential to offer us something we desperately need in midfield. He's not a static player; he can run tackle defend pass dribble and even finish. He has the potential to be an elite player and I am confused why he hasn't been given a sustained run of starts yet (in the EPL)...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
------------------------Leno------------------------
---Chambers---Holding---Luiz----Tierney-----
---------Willock-----Xhaka:facepalm:-----Guendouzi---
-----Pepe------Aubameyang------Saka----------

Bring on Ceballos and Martinelli if we are chasing the game.
Bring on Torreira and maybe even AMN (on a flank) if we are trying to close the game out.

Lets get a win here lads, show some urgency

COYG

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Willock needs to be starting games until he at least drops performances. From what I have seen from him so far, he has the potential to offer us something we desperately need in midfield. He's not a static player; he can run tackle defend pass dribble and even finish. He has the potential to be an elite player and I am confused why he hasn't been given a sustained run of starts yet (in the EPL)...

Exactly how I see it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I think Joe is our best central midfielder, him and Guendozi should be who our midfield should be built around.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think Joe is our best central midfielder, him and Guendozi should be who our midfield should be built around.
100%. They compliment eachother quite well too. I see Guendouzi being an elite passer of the ball who can sit a little more, while Willock roams the pitch. If you chuck a top DM behind them the sky is the limit long term.

Riou

100%. They compliment eachother quite well too. I see Guendouzi being an elite passer of the ball who can sit a little more, while Willock roams the pitch. If you chuck a top DM behind them the sky is the limit long term.

Would love to try those two plus Lucas just screening the back four, in a more 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1, for a sustained run of games to see if it works...harsh on Ceballos but the other three are here permanently, and I would give that a go first.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would love to try those two plus Lucas just screening the back four, in a more 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1, for a sustained run of games to see if it works...harsh on Ceballos but the other three are here permanently, and I would give that a go first.
We tried that in our first two games ! We were so much more solid (even with Xhaka being on the field).

Ceballos is still getting used to the league to be honest, we might see some more fantastic performances down the line. Its a long season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Sometimes being an academy player works against you. He cost nothing and his loyalty and patience are assumed to be a given.

Riou

Anyone remember I think it was the Europa League game against Standard, after we scored Emery went to Xhaka first to celebrate with...it will take something special to get him dropped this season unfortunately, and I like Xhaka, but you feel he will somehow frustrate us even more this season!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His path is blocked by Xhaka currently which is a major problem. This is the type of game you start Willock in.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Holding has shown major promise when he’s played. In 16/17 he played really well in six of the last eight league games which we all won and kept three clean sheets, also was immense in the semi final then the final of the FA Cup that year.

17/18 was iffy but I felt Wenger shuffled him around too much after the Anfield week 3 battering and he was never going to get into rhythm.

Then last year he got into the first XI after week 6 when we went on the long unbeaten run and until his injury in week 15 he was an absolute rock.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that after his injury we lost just two weeks later and our form then started to tank. I think he’s really good and once he’s back to full strength Emery has to consider pairing him with Chambers.

I agree once Holding gets to start he'll be our No1 CB, he has a great future ahead. Not sure about Chambers though, I think it will be Luiz/Sokratis & Holding. I expect Chambers to carry on rotation at RB until Bellerin is match fit. One will play tonight the other EL Thur.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

100% agree, Willock has been great every time he's played. Its almost criminal that Xhaka & often Torreira are starting ahead of him. For me its Willock, Guendouzi & one other from Ceballos, Xhaka, Torreira, depending on the game.

Hexagon9

From the BBC website ahead of tonight’s game -

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "We have challenges every day, we have challenges when we are playing matches and we have them collectively.

"This is our mentality and really we can be frustrated with some moments in our past. We are in our present but that frustration is to be one step ahead and be positive and be consistent in our mentality and our work."

Glad that’s all sorted then.

Reactions: A_G

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
From the BBC website ahead of tonight’s game -

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "We have challenges every day, we have challenges when we are playing matches and we have them collectively.

"This is our mentality and really we can be frustrated with some moments in our past. We are in our present but that frustration is to be one step ahead and be positive and be consistent in our mentality and our work."

Glad that’s all sorted then.

I'm happyish with Emery so I'm not going to knock him too much as a manager but I do feel that part of his unpopularity is his lack of English and the way he comes across in interviews. He's difficult to warm to because of his lack of vocabulary. Anyway, I hope we carry on improving as a team and his English improves too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not watched one press conference or interview with Emery. Don’t want to insult him, but it’s close to impossible to understand him.

Most of his unpopularity is down to the pitch though, collapse last season, embarrassment in the EL Final, and generally average performances from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom