• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought I was watching Ireland again with the way we were trying to attack. Absolutely embarrassing stuff. At no point under Wenger even at the worst parts in his reign did we look as clueless trying to break down a team.

I’m over Emery but this notion that we weren’t ever as spineless under Wenger is annoying. Not only were we just as clueless but we were much worse at the back.
  • 4-0 & 5-1 away to Liverpool
  • 6-0 away to Chelsea and 4-1 at home
  • 6-1 and 8-2 away to Man U
  • 5-1 away and losing 3-2 after being 2-0 up at home to Sp**s
  • 4-0 away to Southampton
Very little has changed except upstairs

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I’m over Emery but this notion that we weren’t ever as spineless under Wenger is annoying. Not only were we just as clueless but we were much worse at the back.

I'm talking about the way we were trying to create opportunities, we looked clueless I'm not trying to say we didn't put in much worse performances just in that one aspect. Our passing was slow, the players looked like the hadn't got a clue what to do with the ball. In that aspect it was never that bad under Wenger.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we’re looking for a manager that is good tactically, his teams are excellent at high pressing and very solid.

We should look no further than Chris Wilder. He’s doing an excellent job with his team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka will 100% start the next PL game as will Kolasinac.
Xhaka absolutely Kola i don't think so Tierney has to play from now i know kola don't deserve to be dropped because its not like he was a disaster but that's football

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dunno:lol: Even Emery couldn't have missed Kola having the ball float over his head:lol:

If Mousset was even slightly better than the Championship level plumber he is, that’s 2-0.

I was angrier at that than the goal. Xhaka wasn’t even as bad as he could be. He’s just not good enough though.

GoonerJay24

Stop with the oxymoronic statement. We created **** all. We create almost nothing in every match.
It's been over a season & he has made zero progress.
Look at Chelsea, even when they lost 4-0 in the first match of the season, everyone saw a clear plan from Lampard.

It's been over a season & we still don't know what our play style is, what our identity is. We don't gegenpress like Liverpool, we don't park the bus(not properly at least) like Chelsea used to, we don't play wengerball like we used to. We just go out there, pass sideways & hope Auba scores. We're so rigid, the only player that played with freedom & confidence got taken off.

He isn’t the right guy. The sooner we move on the better

Sheffield worked hard but were lucky based on the play, scored from set piece then defended. I agree creativity is lacking from us but there were still opportunities.

I agree about our identity but football isn't only about playing style but also club values and trusting young players.

Despite the very obvious concerns, we should support the manager until the end of the season unless we're in mid-table.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka absolutely Kola i don't think so Tierney has to play from now i know kola don't deserve to be dropped because its not like he was a disaster but that's football

Mate that cross that went over his head that Mousset ended up handballing was disgusting.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Can't stop thinking how differently the game could have panned out if Pepe had buried that chance and/or any or both our penalty shouts would have been given.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We looked better because Sheffield united sat back and were only interested in protecting the 1 goal lead.. Had nothing to do with Ceballos, who had a bad performance.
I'd say we forced it more by adding a more offensive minded player. Ceballos short passing in and around the goal allowed us to keep the pressure on and his switching of play kept them switching side to side allowing us to keep pushing forward.

We also didnt lose the half he played. So there is that. I'd rather not right him off given how many average players have found themselves in and around the team in recent years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we’re looking for a manager that is good tactically, his teams are excellent at high pressing and very solid.

We should look no further than Chris Wilder. He’s doing an excellent job with his team.
Guys like Chris Wilder that's thier level they suited more with these kind of teams he defended with 10 men at home making big jump to top 6 club is big risk

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Dunno:lol: Even Emery couldn't have missed Kola having the ball float over his head:lol:

Kolasinac got lucky too with his challenge in the box. Do that against Zaha next week and that’s a penalty.

Every season it’s the same ****. Xhaka and Kolasinac having brain fart moments in the box.

Ashybashy86

This is the dream.

Scrape top 4 and no Emery next season. A beautiful thought
Not sure how we'll even scrape it. Both Leicester and Chelsea play better football than us. And since teams don't even have to do anything special to create chances, I think they'll beat us. We'll continue to struggle away from home. Dire season ahead.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

All those were top teams. We can't get an away win against anyone atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom