• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Wow! We are such a soulless team: no passion, no fight, no style of play. Absolutely nothing. It's like watching the pre-Wenger Arsenal.

We are just lucky Tottenham and United are so **** this season so we are there for the top 4.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wow! We are such a soulless team: no passion, no fight, no style of play. Absolutely nothing. It's like watching the pre-Wenger Arsenal.

We are just lucky Tottenham and United are so **** this season so we are there for the top 4.
If Chelsea and Leicester build on the way they are playing we're gonna lose out to them. Remember Sp**s are only 3 points behind us too, thats literally nothing if they turn it around.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The top 4 going to be close again because all teams who challenging are not in good form we can win next game and lose after same goes with Chelsea and Leicester

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wenger was done at the end, think he’d lost the dressing room.

The players didn’t even seem to be putting any effort in. It wasn’t a mistake moving on but it will be if we don’t bin Emery now.

Attacking patterns are non-existent.
Non-existent. He may well lose this dressing room soon also...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd be very cautious about appointing a manager who hasnt had expectations placed on them unless they are young and can be molded with experience behind the scenes. David Moyes done a great job at Everton and struggled with the step up to United.

@rich 1990 compare him to Moyes and Dyche.

• Alfreton Town was there half a season and won three cups and a league.
  • Goes to Halifax who was relegated to the Conference and manages them until liquidation.
  • At Oxford takes them over in the Conference, narrowly missed the playoffs first year then gets them up through the playoffs second year. Third year mid table of league 2, fourth year almost in the playoffs.
  • Leaves for Northampton in the league 2 relegation zone. Saves them first year, mid table second year then gets 99 points and wins the league in his third.
  • Goes to Sheffield Utd who’d been stuck in League 1 for years and could only give him free transfers. 1st place in first year, mid table Championship second and automatic promotion in third.
I swear you’ll be hard pressed to find a manager with similar rate of success at that many different clubs anywhere in the world.

Managing in the lower leagues, taking over clubs in freefall with no money is insanely tough and not to fail once but actually thrive is ridiculous.

He plays good football and gets results, why are guys like Eddie Howe who’ve done f*ck all getting rated and not him?

Morning_woody

First half they were all over us. That Sheffield Utd team is rank, plumbers the lot of them.

Until the last 20 minutes they were well in control, played good possession football and didn’t get bothered at all.

He’s taken them from League 1 to the PL in three seasons, he’s one of the best innovators in the country. Watch them in other games, they’re usually on the front foot.

He would be our David Moyes imho.
Some managers can take that jump from mediocre to top teams but most of them aren't capable.
Maybe he could but we don't have anymore time to waste, we don't have time for maybes. . We need a manager with experience managing clubs that are title contenders.
The top 4 spot is crucial this year. I can't see us bounce back any time soon if we miss Champions League once more

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes is doing amazing job there i can't deny that but like eddie howe its just don't feel they have ability to turn top 6 team to contender

Eddie Howe was bankrolled by a shady Russian owner at Bournemouth which explains their rise up the leagues and was sh*te before that at Burnley.

I’ve not seen Wilder levels of overachievement since Ferguson or Mourinho’s early managing days.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I knew it was coming and was prepared for it...but when Cebellos was warming up at halftime, and Willock came off instead of Xhaka I was fuming

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Funny how people constantly bring up that Sp*rs can turn it around yet there is apparantly no hope of us bouncing back from this, talk about double standards.

OSBK

Established Member
Even in that 8 goal at utd season we put five past chelsea at Stamford Bridge but why even bring that up?
Losing badly against great teams is one thing but playing crap in every match is a whole different thing

Playing crap and getting battered is pretty much what we have had to put up for a decade. Conceeding 10 goals in a tie or 8 in 1 game is an utter disgrace for this club and when you say "great teams" if we were playing great we would be one as well. We have had to sit there and watch utd, chelsea, city and even a team sponsored by a packet of crisps play better than us and win the league and all through that time where was all this amazing football.

I suppose its down to perspective.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

• Goes to Halifax who was relegated to the Conference and manages them until liquidation.
  • At Oxford takes them over in the Conference, narrowly missed the playoffs first year then gets them up through the playoffs second year. Third year mid table of league 2, fourth year almost in the playoffs.
  • Leaves for Northampton in the league 2 relegation zone. Saves them first year, mid table second year then gets 99 points and wins the league in his third.
  • Goes to Sheffield Utd who’d been stuck in League 1 for years and could only give him free transfers. 1st place in first year, mid table Championship second and automatic promotion in third.
I swear you’ll be hard pressed to find a manager with similar rate of success at that many different clubs anywhere in the world.

Managing in the lower leagues, taking over clubs in freefall with no money is insanely tough and not to fail once but actually thrive is ridiculous.

He plays good football and gets results, why are guys like Eddie Howe who’ve done f*ck all getting rated and not him?
Because he's been in the pl 5 minutes. He'll get his due.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He would be our David Moyes imho.
Some managers can take that jump from mediocre to top teams but most of them aren't capable.
Maybe he could but we don't have anymore time to waste, we don't have time for maybes. . We need a manager with experience managing clubs that are title contenders.
The top 4 spot is crucial this year. I can't see us bounce back any time soon if we miss Champions League once more

Watch this, guy’s operating on another level to frauds like Moyes.

He’s playing positionless, attacking football. Imagine what the likes of Willock, Nelson and Guendouzi could do under him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I get it I do but you're wrong on Eddie Howe. He managed two clubs. Bournemouth and Burnley. He took Bournemouth from league one and made them a regular PL team and is 10 years younger. He is quickly approaching the stage where he needs to move. He has done something and done it many years before Chris Wilder. I dont think we should be looking at either.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I get it I do but you're wrong on Eddie Howe. He managed two clubs. Bournemouth and Burnley. He took Bournemouth from league one and made them a regular PL team and is 10 years younger. He is quickly approaching the stage where he needs to move. He has done something and done it many years before Chris Wilder. I dont think we should be looking at either.

Howe and Bournemouth were bankrolled by a Russian oligarch so there’s a big asterisk next to their climb up the leagues. At Burnley he underachieved without the money.

Watch the video I posted above mate, tactically it’s on another level to most stuff I’ve seen.

The squad that beat us tonight is mostly what he took up from League 1 three seasons ago on a shoestring budget. I know it’s easy to go overboard on managers but he’s the real deal.

zilfy

I really didn't get the crossing tactics today. I mean it's not like we have a Peter crouch, Klose or even Giroud in the centre, so not sure who he plans to actually head in the crosses? How many header goals has Auba got for us anyway?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really didn't get the crossing tactics today. I mean it's not like we have a Peter crouch, Klose or even Giroud in the centre, so not sure who he plans to actually head in the crosses? How many header goals has Auba got for us anyway?
It was just overhit we didn't put any good cross i think we tried to cross because there was no solution from the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom