• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Sheffield Utd are going to give us a game tonight, make no mistake about that. They have been unlucky in the games they have lost this season and drew away at Chelsea and only narrowly lost at home to Liverpool. I still fail to see how some people think this is gonna be an easy 3 points. We are going to need to be on top form and pressure them from the off as they WILL be up for it tonight. It's these typical cold rainy nights in Sheffield that concerns me most about this Arsenal side.

And there we have it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is the Premier League, anybody can beat anybody. The league has improved big time and many of you are stuck in the 2003 mindset. We started OK but lacked purpose and speed when moving the ball. We should have had a penalty with the shirt pull on Sokrstis (where was VAR????). Pepe should have finished following that lovely passage of play. We needed an early goal in the 2nd half and it didn't come. Must bounce back against Palace on Sunday and midweek in the Europa League. Another thing I noticed tonight was that our set pieces were woeful and crossing was atrocious.

morpho

Established Member
Funny how people constantly bring up that Sp*rs can turn it around yet there is apparantly no hope of us bouncing back from this, talk about double standards.
To be able to bounce back, you have to have the ability to bounce in the first place...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And there we have it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is the Premier League, anybody can beat anybody. The league has improved big time and many of you are stuck in the 2003 mindset. We started OK but lacked purpose and speed when moving the ball. We should have had a penalty with the shirt pull on Sokrstis (where was VAR????). Pepe should have finished following that lovely passage of play. We needed an early goal in the 2nd half and it didn't come. Must bounce back against Palace on Sunday and midweek in the Europa League. Another thing I noticed tonight was that our set pieces were woeful and crossing was atrocious.

Playing away requires a different mindset. 90% of calls made by refs are subjective and in a 50/50 he’s always going to favour the home side.

You have to compete. We panic every time the ball’s in the air (Chambers aside) and that’s unacceptable at this level.

Seeing the “routine win” claims beforehand was laughable. There are folks who play too much FIFA here.

Manberg

Predator
Playing away requires a different mindset. 90% of calls made by refs are subjective and in a 50/50 he’s always going to favour the home side.

You have to compete. We panic every time the ball’s in the air (Chambers aside) and that’s unacceptable at this level.

Seeing the “routine win” claims beforehand was laughable. There are folks who play too much FIFA here.

I don't think anyone was saying this was a routine win. Judging by the first few pages, most people were nervous. It was a predictable result and performance.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can take away games being more difficult, but not even looking forward to home games now as we are not dominating them as we should be...we look clueless anywhere atm! :lol:

Fallout

discouraging game on many levels.

pepe missing the sitter was gervinho-esque. he brings a lot to the table and was probably our best player tonight, but the lack of composure and his quotes about lacking confidence signal a potential mentality issue.

we have not been able to control a match this season with xhaka at the base of midfield. until he came off, we were struggling to get the ball out of our own half! this is becoming a trend now (e.g. villa). if he keeps getting selected, top 4 is off.

once we were on the front foot, our lack of incisiveness was laid bare for everyone to see. i'm not sure anyone in our team can play a penetrating through ball. ceballos and guendouzi can do it to a certain extent. Özil has to be on the bench for these moments. cutbacks and driven passes are an important part of any offense but they cant be the only weapon.

emery out.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Worst part about this game and his lineup is that KT will start on thruday and that means Kola will start at Palace.

trippyhippy

I have a good coping mechanism for this season: emery gets top 4, great. If he doesn't then good ebening and goodbye. I remember this after every result and it calms me down. Think there is a clause in his contract for this scenario which means we wont even have to pay him off.

Pepe definitely proved tonight that he is getting up to speed, i like how he evades oposition pressing him with his quick feet, will be a good player. I wouldnt worry too much about the miss, aubameyang misses those all the time.

XHAKA need to be binned, absolutely hate his lack of progression on the ball, and lack of incisiveness. gave away a braindead foul outside the box again which i have seen him give away at least 60 times before, he just does not learn. Looking forward to the europa match since we play well in those and has been the only feel good factor this season.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

Watch this, guy’s operating on another level to frauds like Moyes.

He’s playing positionless, attacking football. Imagine what the likes of Willock, Nelson and Guendouzi could do under him.
bielsa is doing this since early 2000
nothing new.
yet o dont take merit away from wilder, quality coach.

the game was afwul, we need to stick to emery till we get cl then bin him. our football is now disgusting but it can get us good results. we are 5 and we only lose what? 3 games since the season started.
this is about getting results, we are on the right path.

once we get cl football we can think about a manager that is not this pragmatic.

trippyhippy

bielsa is doing this since early 2000
nothing new.
yet o dont take merit away from wilder, quality coach.

the game was afwul, we need to stick to emery till we get cl then bin him. our football is now disgusting but it can get us good results. we are 5 and we only lose what? 3 games since the season started.
this is about getting results, we are on the right path.

once we get cl football we can think about a manager that is not this pragmatic.

I honestly dont think he will get top 4, simply because when i look at any away fixture i just dont see us winning. we have leicester away next, and i promise that we will lose that match.

Polar Bear

Awful match, I can't believe how bad it was. We look so toothless.

All we do is pass pass pass pass pass pass pass and pass. Its a joke. So easy for Sheff Utd to defend, they had more shots on target at Leno!!!!!!! they do a few passes and then bang they get a chance, but we have 5,000 passes and we don't even have a shot from it. Good lord its unbearable to watch at times. Beyond frustrating

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sad thing is we probably have to wait till the end of the season, just to get a new manager. Would love to do it this Christmas.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That's it that was ridiculous that performance & team selection, we just lacked pretty much everything & never looked like scoring. Doing it just a few times during the season is alright I guess but doing it consistently all season is ridiculous! Almost as if his goal is just to make the Europa League, doesn't give 2 hoots about the CL. I've officially had it with him now, Emery out!

We really do this, don't we? I wondered why we were conceeding so many coners in the first half when we suck so hard at defending! I remember thinking we were going to be punished from them at one point and we sure were.

GoonerBoy19

Emery will probably replace Willock with Torreira against Palace, rest the line-up would be same as they work really hard in training. He is stubborn as Wenger, and will pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom