• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | 10/05/17 | 19.45 BST

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sou-v-Ars.jpg

Team News
Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Virgil van Dijk, Matt Targett and Charlie Austin out
Arsenal: Santi Cazorla out

Saints have failed to win their last four Premier League games and have won just one of their last five at home, scoring just five goals in that run. However, they are unbeaten in their last five home league meetings with Arsenal going back to 2003

Southampton are looking to win three consecutive home league matches against Arsenal for the first time since 1985

Arsène Wenger’s side have lost five of their last six away Premier League games – the same number they’d lost in their previous 27 on the road in the competition.

The FA Cup tie in January was the last time Theo Walcott resembled a professional footballer:

Possible team:

BYawLgs.jpg

mm76

Yer Da
The FA Cup tie in January was the last time Theo Walcott resembled a professional footballer:

Meanwhile what about Lucas:

Goal 1: "Lucas... lovely lay-off for Danny Welbeck - who scores!... marvellous assist from Lucas"

Goal 2: Lucas plays a part in the build up

Goal 3: "incisive from Welbeck and Lucas Perez"

Goal 4: "Lucas pulls away" - keeps defenders occupied in the box to give space for the fourth goal from Walcott

Goal 5: Lucas plays a wonderful pass through to Sanchez who creates the goal for Walcott

(nearly scores) Goal 6: "That's a good save by Lewis ... it could so easily have been 6-0"

oh but sorry - Lucas is 'rubbish' isn't he? :rolleyes:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Fantastic OP, reminds me of when I used to do them :p.

Hopefully Kos and Xhaka are fit. I'd like to see;

Cech
Mustafi Kos Holding
Ox Ramsey Xhaka Nacho
Özil Alexis
Lucas/Welbeck

It'll be a tough game, Puel plays extremely disciplined football. He'll look to sit deep and frustrate, then counter through the likes of Boufal, Tadic and Gabbiadini.

Hopefully we get an early goal and make them come out a bit. S'ton are a tough side to break down when they have something to cling onto, as Liverpool will testify to.

Gonna go for a tight 1-2 win to us. Absolute must win if we wanna crank the pressure up on Liverpool and Citeh.

mm76

Yer Da
that's annoying - just as i voted the poll changed - i would have voted for a win but can't change it now... :mad:

Plutarch

Since the debacle against Crystal Palace, we've been in slightly better form, beating Middlesbrough, Man City, Leicester and Man United. Not great form though, there was the poor game against Sp**s. So I give us some chance of beating Southampton.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Goal 1: "Lucas... lovely lay-off for Danny Welbeck - who scores!... marvellous assist from Lucas"

Goal 4: "Lucas pulls away" - keeps defenders occupied in the box to give space for the fourth goal from Walcott

Goal 5: Lucas plays a wonderful pass through to Sanchez who creates the goal for Walcott

(nearly scores) Goal 6: "That's a good save by Lewis ... it could so easily have been 6-0"

Life in your head must be fun.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think that we can be in trouble if Southampton plays like against Liverpool on Sunday.Also,record is big **** there for Arsenal.Motivation to get result will probably be on our side,we have to play for something and they're on holiday.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame the team that played last time won't get much of a shot. AMN and Ox in midfield bossing it, Welbeck and Walcott flanking Perez - and Jeff of course. Tough to deal with that day. One of the most dynamic lineups we've put out this season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

He's not, but most of the Southampton team that played that day won't tomorrow because they'll be revising for their a-levels.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Unfortunately, we're forced to claw our way to the top 4 and must rely on our veteran players to come through for us therefore younger guys won't be getting much burn until next preseason. It's a shame our season turned out that way.

Zazu

I was feeling pretty confident for this despite our poor recent form at St Marys.

However if Koscielny's out then I'm very worried.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Without xhaka and kosh mean Gabriel and Coq will start and that's will be big trouble

I think Xhaka is ok, Wenger said he seems to have recovered. Gaby has been much better recently, if he has to cover for Kos I don't think it will stop us winning. Scoring will be our problem!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The only unknown spot in starting 11, bar injuries from Man U game, is a CF. is Welbz ready to start again, or is it going to be Giroud.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sou-v-Ars.jpg

Team News
Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Virgil van Dijk, Matt Targett and Charlie Austin out
Arsenal: Santi Cazorla out

Possible team:

BYawLgs.jpg

Please not Giroud, I'd rather play Alexis CF and start Walcott or Welbeck if he can handle another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom