PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Match prediction

1. Southampton win

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Draw

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Arsenal win

31 vote(s)
    70.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Boy gets into good positions and fail to deliver a meaningful ball.

2. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I know he got the goal but fvck me can Mkhitaryan ever control a simple 5 yard pass? Don't I've seen a player more loose in possession at Arsenal.

3. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Still trusting Emery to get this right. He’s obviously restricted with injuries and suspensions in defence. But there’s time to turn this round.

No panic.

4. Giroud12

Giroud12 Well-Known Member

Disagree on Iwobi, been shockingly bad. Even Saka would be a better option

5. rich 1990

rich 1990 Wants To Eat Trilly's Shoes

If Emery had one eye on Wednesday then bollocks to that. Priority isn't the Carousel Cup, we need CL, ffs.

kopzilla, dashsnow17, MLK79 and 3 others like this.
  6. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I have so much love for someone who can hold a grudge like that. I never forgave Kieran Gibbs for slipping on his arse in that Champions League game against Man Utd allowing Park to score.

razörist likes this.
  7. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Why we are conceding so many goals just before the half time?

8. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

Lich and Kos never played together, lich is not a CB and Kos havent played proffesional football in a year.
    We need to play 3 at the back.

9. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Emery needs to fix himself. You aren't some tactical genius when you need to make changes at halftime in 90+ percent of your matches. Just stop with the terrible lineups.

10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Yep couldn't care less about that cup, I want top 4.

11. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

We knew we would have a problem defensively for this game so why are so many behaving like this? Relax. We'll outscore them.

12. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

It was a good cross, yes, but any good defender with only one attacker to defend would have been close enough to the attacker to deal with things. Shocking defending, really.

13. nas7232

nas7232 Member

Better off playing some youngsters in this game that want to play attacking football. Too many defensive players out of position with players like mikhi and iwobi that cant keep possession

14. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

obviously we've got no CBs which costs us..

but why iwobi and mhki are playing with lacca, Özil and ramsey on the bench is why we have struggled to create

kolasinac has created most of our chances lately so I think we do miss him!

also pulling xhaka out of midfield to cover CB has ade it harder for us to control the game

why we go 3 at the back when we have no CBs is a bit strange...seems unnecessary

littleboysilva, Giroud12 and nas7232 like this.
  15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Wants To Eat Trilly's Shoes

We need it. Not watching a repeat of Carrier Bag on Thursday again.

OnlyOne likes this.
  16. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

Lich can win the position of the defender in both situations, it was a communication issue, when one goes for the interception of the ball (kos) the other one goes with the man.
    We have a keeper that, even when very tecnical, has an unorthodox aproach to aerial balls.
    it is a complicated cocktail.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I arrived late to the game and saw that we're doing our usual vs Southampton. Their manger was blunt during the week and said they would go for it and try to get the crowd behind them. We shouldn't be surprised by this and it may be here that our unbeaten run ends if we don't up the tempo straight away. It's been 4 years since Ings scored two goals. I would have started Nacho at LCB. No choice but to play Kos really and he was simply out jumped twice. I also think Iwobi might have followed the man on the ball outside the area but he stopped and allowed a no pressure pass. I'm sick of Saints every Christmas/new year lately.

kopzilla likes this.
  18. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Looking at the goals again, I was too harsh on Koscielny..

Fewtch likes this.
  19. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Niles for Monreal I hope?

Guess he takes Bellerin spot ?

Dont want him in CM or acm

He is as careless as Iwobi and Mkith with the ball

20. Jalal

Jalal New Member

I think it's such a game today, you can only lose it. Many injured players in the defense area, Koscielny without match practice and undermines the cross to 1:2. In addition, home debut of Hasenhüttl with Soton. I'm afraid that will not work today. Besides, we always have had a hard time in Soton...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.