• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Thursday 25th June | KO: 18:00 | Sky Sports

Result?

• Southampton Win

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 16 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We needed that win, imagine the reaction if we had lost! Not the best win but a win is a win & at this stage I'll take any win. I feel we were a bit unlucky not to get up more then 2-0, had a few good chances on the break which unfortunately we just couldn't finish.

Well done to Eddie though, good pressure on the keeper to force a mistake & get us up. Congratulations Willock on his first PL goal I believe. Southampton played a lot better in the 2nd half & I never really felt comfortable during the 2nd tbh. Xhaka had a decent return to the lineup, Martinez impressed me with his fast distribution at times to nearly set up a goal for Auba. Good partnership by Mustafi & Holding at times. Ceballos was hopeless, can't believe he made it again in the starters.

I still don't like our tactics we seem to do now for some reason, get the lead then sit back & defend in our box, we need to go for a 2nd goal before we do that stuff.

HBL

Established Member
How did we play? Couldn't watch the game, possession stats don't look great but seems like we created a few chances at least. Anyone have a particularly good game?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
63 percent predicted a southampton win .... its so nice to see people waking up to reality

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I predicted a Southampton win having predicted a draw and a win for the Arsenal in the last two games. It's nice for the Arsenal to give us something to cheer rather than to jeer, not been happening much lately.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are a very gritty team these days...but not the good kind of gritty were we are backs against the wall, fighting like men to win...but we just look so lost in what we are trying to do at times, that all games turn into a scrap in a way :lol:

Like what Arteta is trying to do, but man does he need better players,

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The 3 atb really counters Southamptons 442, good decision by Mikel to go with it. Really like the potential of Saka/Tierney on the left. KT's ability to play left back and that left sided CB in a 3 gives us the option to switch between a 433 and 343 in game, which is a really invaluable option to have. Should keep and eye on this for next season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This win was much needed but the performance makes it feels like congratulating your partner for going 3 months without cheating.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
What an atrocious game, we got lucky for the most part and some dogged displays from the players got us over the line. The 5 at the back thing was Emery ball at its worst and the team looked so disjointed...

Manberg

Predator
I thought we were in control and imposing for the most part. Don't know where this "poor performance" stuff comes from. It's blazing hot (32C) and there's no atmosphere, tricking you into thinking it's mediocre. Soton are a decent side and Ings is on terrific form, yet we kept them quiet.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I was pleased to have a good referee & a few good calls for us finally, first time in a long time I've seen our opposition get a red card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom