• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Thursday 25th June | KO: 18:00 | Sky Sports

Result?

• Southampton Win

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 16 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners1616

Martinez
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Tierney
Guendouzi AMN Saka
Pepe Auba Martinelli​

This is it (by default). This team really need more physicality. They need to play with more agression (not the type of stupid agression from Luiz or Mustafi).

Maybe AMN can help as a DM. Bellerin should normally be dropped for him but we really can't afford a guy like Ceballos (he gets walked over like nothing, hope he goes back to Spain asap).

I think this formation is our best chance for a draw. I still think it won't be enough for the 3 points. Southampton midfield is too strong for us and our defence will crack easily if they push enough.

Ashybashy86

martinez
bellerin-mustafi-holding-Tierney
Willock-Guendouzi
pepe-Özil-saka
martinelli
I don't see Auba not starting tbh. Wishful thinking, but if Özil doesn't start, I love to see a 442 of some kind.

Martinez​
Vegan Boy, Mustafi, Holding, Tierney
Pepe Willock Guendouzi Saka
Martinelli Auba​

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta must know by now he should never have taken this job, underinvestment, disinterested owners, usual Arsenal long injury list, shocking recruitment, average players.

If he gets us out of free fall he's a genius.

Martinelli........... Auba..........Pepe

Willock........Luiz..............AMN

Tierney.........Holding........Mustafi...........Bellerine
It's just atrocious that a team that has suffered almost a double-digit lose is better than us technically. We used to trash such teams 5 goals ffs!
Anyways, I'd say our best chance is to play runners for the remainder of our fixtures and depend on Luiz to be our creator since his defending is limited for the last man but he is still quite a brilliant creator.
As I said before, our CM doesn't offer sufficient protection to the back four. ****, even a VVD and Varane pairing would concede with Ceballos and Guen ahead of them so I think a more physical CM is called for. At the very least, that midfield doesn't get abused and trampled.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...think this was this guy's only goal for us, can't remember any others...

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This is it (by default). This team really need more physicality. They need to play with more agression (not the type of stupid agression from Luiz or Mustafi).

Maybe AMN can help as a DM. Bellerin should normally be dropped for him but we really can't afford a guy like Ceballos (he gets walked over like nothing, hope he goes back to Spain asap).

I think this formation is our best chance for a draw. I still think it won't be enough for the 3 points. Southampton midfield is too strong for us and our defence will crack easily if they push enough.
You talk about getting walked and you consider Douzy... The king of walking the pitch.

Gunners1616

You talk about getting walked and you consider Douzy... The king of walking the pitch.
Well it is a choice by default. Not fan of Guendouzi either, especially in the current context.

As someone said earlier, best option might actually be David Luiz as DM with AMN and Saka next to him, leaving all the creativity to Saka.

Anyway, truth is all of these options are awful. We keep paying the mistakes of last summer when we let go of Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey (should have been extended) and even Mkhitaryan and Iwobi. All of them added up to a huge contribution in goals/assists/defense/experience. We just keep on staking average non-international players.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

Martinez
Mustafi Holding Tierney
Bellerin AMN Guendouzi Saka
Ceballos
Aubamayang Pepe

Suppose a back three formation provides more solidity given how poor the defenders are.

I've not exactly rated Ceballos's stint here but think he'd effectuate in the no.10 role better than Willock.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's an away match against a bogey team, we're losing in a similar way to Brighton.

Danny Ings and Shane Long with the goals, one from a Martinez howler, the other from a momentary lapse from [insert player name].

Also calling dibs in Bellerin getting injured and us not having a single fit right back for the next 2 weeks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's an away match against a bogey team, we're losing in a similar way to Brighton.

Danny Ings and Shane Long with the goals, one from a Martinez howler, the other from a momentary lapse from [insert player name].

Also calling dibs in Bellerin getting injured and us not having a single fit right back for the next 2 weeks.

@American_Gooner to Emi after this happens...

10effyouquotes.jpg

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can we play a somewhat athletic midfield please ? I don’t wanna see Guendouzi and 1 leg Ceballos as double pivot ffs.

Martinez
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Tierney
AMN Guendouzi Saka
Pepe Nketiah Aubameyang

Bring on Martinelli later in the game.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I know we’re bad at every ground but isn’t our recent history here really bad?
I can’t find the energy to care who plays but I hope Pepe scores if he does.
2 away wins in the league this season... I can believe it but I also can’t believe how bad we are its actually so sad

Ashybashy86

Can't find his thread for some reason.

Anyway, I've always known he was immature, and never really warmed to him, but wow. :lol: I mean, what he said is probably true, but still, someone needs to knock him down several pegs, the little sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom